tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

A radial menu for configuring everything would be awesome!
Could maybe even have just one filter entity and configure it as white-/black-list through the menu?
Also, would multiple filters per entity be possible? (Of course, it should still be limited to either whitelist or blacklist)
It should be pretty easy to make the two kinds of filters one thing, as they are actually already the same tile. I don't really think it would be that necessary to have multiple items in the same filter, because you can just line up multiple filters in paralel/series quite easily. Though I have been thinking about that too. Maybe I could add some kind of configurable item filter item.

I'm sort of curious as to if there were any real changes required from tModloader v0.10.1.3 to v0.10.1.5; I noticed that upon loading, my server disables Mech Transfer due to the version of tModloader it was built for. If it isn't really anything more than a version specification limiter, would there be a chance for a version bump? :) It seems strange to have a limitation of version for now future scaling, so I need to ask, why the heavy restriction on a specific version of an API rather than a checkpoint (ie, v0.10.1.3+)?

If it is quite a few things that did infact change, then nevermind :p I wound up omitting this mod last year as I found it towards the end of the streamed server playthrough; but this year, I'd very much like to use it if possible.

Last edited:
I'm sort of curious as to if there were any real changes required from tModloader v0.10.1.3 to v0.10.1.5; I noticed that upon loading, my server disables Mech Transfer due to the version of tModloader it was built for. If it isn't really anything more than a version specification limiter, would there be a chance for a version bump? :) It seems strange to have a limitation of version for now future scaling, so I need to ask, why the heavy restriction on a specific version of an API rather than a checkpoint (ie, v0.10.1.3+)?

If it is quite a few things that did infact change, then nevermind :p I wound up omitting this mod last year as I found it towards the end of the streamed server playthrough; but this year, I'd very much like to use it if possible.
I don't see any change that would absolutely necessitate a recompile. It's mostly just additions to the API and some more significant bug fixes. Anyways, I'll get a new version uploaded soo. I made some minor changes a while ago to mechTransfer, but I didn't have time to add anything substantial, so I haven't published it yet. I guess I'll just slip those in now as well.

Updated to version 1.6.2
  • Improved assembler area drawing
  • Added transition markers
...And that's it. It should also fix the incompatibility with TModLoader v0.10.1.5.
I have actually made these changes back in August. Other than planning out new features, I haven't been able to work on this mod since then. I would really love to do more things with it, but I don't think I will be able to in the near future... My studies kinda take up a lot of my time... I am going to try though!

With that said, I would like to know, if any of you guys would be interested in helping me a bit. I am mostly looking for someone who could make some better looking sprites for this mod. As I said before, I am a bit "artistically challenged".

Updated to version 1.6.1
  • Added Bag filter item
  • Fixed filterable tile save/load with modded items
  • Fixed buttons in multiplayer
  • New net packet handling system
  • Added player interface
I started work on the player interface before the last release, but then it started taking a long time. It's pretty cool though! It gives you direct access to a players inventory. You can take items from their inventory, give them stuff or even swap their equipment. I don't really think it would be an issue in multiplayer either, since you have to stand right inside of it to work.

Can I ask how the wirering is set up on this? I simply can't get this setup to work after I spent half an hour figuring out how you set it up

Can I ask how the wirering is set up on this? I simply can't get this setup to work after I spent half an hour figuring out how you set it up
Here you go:

ijJtPey.png

It's not very pretty, that's probably why I didn't post it in the first place...
All the gates are basically just for tripling up the input signal three times. Initially the left chest is empty, the right chest has the new set of armor. First, the new set of armor gets transferred to the left chest, then the player's current armor is transferred into the right chest, and finally the new armor gets transferred from the right chest onto the player.
You could probably do this better, I kind of just bodged this together for the demo.

Here you go:

ijJtPey.png

It's not very pretty, that's probably why I didn't post it in the first place...
All the gates are basically just for tripling up the input signal three times. Initially the left chest is empty, the right chest has the new set of armor. First, the new set of armor gets transferred to the left chest, then the player's current armor is transferred into the right chest, and finally the new armor gets transferred from the right chest onto the player.
You could probably do this better, I kind of just bodged this together for the demo.
Thank you so much for that. Now it makes total sense :)
Got some ideas where I can use that using some sensors where you will get your armor on when going outside your house and build setup when going inside, so lets see how it will go. Just gonna need a bit more blacklists for accessories that should be kept on all the time.
But gonna be fun to try out.

EDIT:
So one of the things I did find out is that it will not move anything that is in your vanity slot, from armor to accessories. So those you gotta change manually.
Also found out that using the player sensors does not work. The area of the Player interface is a pixel too short for it to react on time.
So would ask if it would be possible to increase the area just a tiny bit so you could use the player sensors instead of another input.
TlPQwuS.png

Last edited:
Thank you so much for that. Now it makes total sense :)
Got some ideas where I can use that using some sensors where you will get your armor on when going outside your house and build setup when going inside, so lets see how it will go. Just gonna need a bit more blacklists for accessories that should be kept on all the time.
But gonna be fun to try out.

EDIT:
So one of the things I did find out is that it will not move anything that is in your vanity slot, from armor to accessories. So those you gotta change manually.
Also found out that using the player sensors does not work. The area of the Player interface is a pixel too short for it to react on time.
So would ask if it would be possible to increase the area just a tiny bit so you could use the player sensors instead of another input.
TlPQwuS.png
Are you sure you didn't just use a filter that doesn't let vanity accessories through? I've just tested it, and it seems to work fine.
About the sensors, this setup works for now:
2W2lzsm.png

But in the future I think I'll add and option to the interface, to make it act like a player sensor.

Could you add an auto seller? Items it receives are converted into coins as if it were sold to an npc.
Yeah, I've been planning to add something like that since quite a while now.... Guess I'll add that to the todo list as well. :/

you should add a feature that lets you put items into a personal chest (piggy bank, safe and the defenders forge or whatever its called) and you can select which players personal chest from the people who are in the server

you should add a feature that lets you put items into a personal chest (piggy bank, safe and the defenders forge or whatever its called) and you can select which players personal chest from the people who are in the server
Yeah, we talked about this before, but the issue is, it would be really difficult to make it, so you can't just steal everything from any other player. Maybe I could change the player interface, so it also works with piggy banks, but I don't know how useful that would be. I was also thinking about giving players a new 4th personal chest that could also be accessed externally. You could still steal from it, but at least players would know not to store anything important in it.
That would also require some UI, which I really haven't started yet. I was working on a completely different feature which will hopefully lead to a more interesting way to do auto crafting, but then I got side tracked... So, I am working on things, just very slowly. :p

Yeah, we talked about this before, but the issue is, it would be really difficult to make it, so you can't just steal everything from any other player. Maybe I could change the player interface, so it also works with piggy banks, but I don't know how useful that would be. I was also thinking about giving players a new 4th personal chest that could also be accessed externally. You could still steal from it, but at least players would know not to store anything important in it.
That would also require some UI, which I really haven't started yet. I was working on a completely different feature which will hopefully lead to a more interesting way to do auto crafting, but then I got side tracked... So, I am working on things, just very slowly. :p
oof, well i found a bug where the crafter wont convert my gold coins to platinum coins
[doublepost=1548535237,1548534887][/doublepost]ok nvm it worked i was just being stupid and forgot to wire it up

oof, well i found a bug where the crafter wont convert my gold coins to platinum coins
[doublepost=1548535237,1548534887][/doublepost]ok nvm it worked i was just being stupid and forgot to wire it up
ok nvm again it still aint workin
The assembler is known to be a bit problematic, this is why I'm working on a new way to do automatic crafting. It mainly has to do with items that have multiple recipes. I also had some reports about items getting eaten in multiplayer.

For some reason I can't use the auto assemblers on mp only -- it works on sp perfectly.
Capture.PNG

(Creates silk from cobwebs then turns it into basic matter from Strideer's Alchemy)

I'm not sure if i'll try the mod but i can try to improve sprite if you want , send me some picture as a test and i'll try something if you want.

Back
Top Bottom