tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

Just wondering how you got items to transfer so fast without any timers. sorry if its a dumb question
All of the "transfer targets" (the outlet, the injector and the relay) trigger a wire signal, when they receive an item. If you connect a wire from an injector to an extractor, that is also connected to it through a pipe, any time an item arrives at the injector, it will also immediately re-trigger the extractor. So the injector will keep fetching items, until there are none left.

All of the "transfer targets" (the outlet, the injector and the relay) trigger a wire signal, when they receive an item. If you connect a wire from an injector to an extractor, that is also connected to it through a pipe, any time an item arrives at the injector, it will also immediately re-trigger the extractor. So the injector will keep fetching items, until there are none left.
Thanks!

I love this mod! I have been using it with Auto Chest, Remote Storage, Calamity, and a few other mods and haven't had any errors/bugs/crashes. Here's a pic of my setup:

terarriamodded1.png

I'm using it to automatically move stuff generated by Auto Chest to Remote Storage and to automatically craft ore into bars as it comes in. The one thing I would like to see added at some point is two global filters for ore and bars. I also have a a series of turrets setup elsewhere for events/boss fights that are a lot of fun. Using the endless ammo from Fargo's mod is pretty sweet. Anyway thank you for making this mod, it's one of the best.

Attachments

• terarriamodded2.png
    terarriamodded2.png
    81.5 KB · Views: 162
I love this mod! I have been using it with Auto Chest, Remote Storage, Calamity, and a few other mods and haven't had any errors/bugs/crashes. Here's a pic of my setup:

View attachment 223551

I'm using it to automatically move stuff generated by Auto Chest to Remote Storage and to automatically craft ore into bars as it comes in. The one thing I would like to see added at some point is two global filters for ore and bars. I also have a a series of turrets setup elsewhere for events/boss fights that are a lot of fun. Using the endless ammo from Fargo's mod is pretty sweet. Anyway thank you for making this mod, it's one of the best.

Try Fish and Tree Harvesters from Luiafk, use filters to automatically spit overbearing loot (single stack fish for instance) into living hellstone
quite fun. (Luiafk also has its own infinite ammo items too)
Fargo adds its own crates so this integrates nicely.
[doublepost=1562024420,1562024309][/doublepost]I think you can use relays so you don't need to use filters

View attachment 223551

I am really glad you are enjoying this mod. :D You have a pretty cool looking setup there.
Unfortunately, as I've explained before, ore and bar filters would be pretty much impossible to do reliably. Though, I am planning to add that regex filter suggested by @Magic_Gonads. That should cover it.

I think you can use relays so you don't need to use filters
Oh, for like, filtering overflow? Yeah, I suppose you can do that. They are mostly entended for detecting items, so you can create a siphon even if the target is very far away, and for making a longer run of pipes the first choice for the nearest neighbour search.
At some point I'd also like to have some sort of item level detector you can attach to starage containers, but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet, since currently my container API doesn't really allow for live monitoring...

Hey I've been playing a modpack me and my friend made in a multiplayer server and I can't get the extractors and inlets to have a chain of items like how you automated the extractinator.
In the screenshot I am trying to get the omni turret to continually fire musket balls yet when I press the button it only fires once and doesn't keep going.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 108
Here with an update, this set up fixed it?
[doublepost=1562254210,1562253870][/doublepost]This setup completely avoided the problem.
I believe what's happening is that the omni turrets injector wasn't properly putting out a signal so I had to use a chest loop to get that signal? hopefully this isn't me being dumb and a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 182
  • unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    52.2 KB · Views: 175
Hey I've been playing a modpack me and my friend made in a multiplayer server and I can't get the extractors and inlets to have a chain of items like how you automated the extractinator.
In the screenshot I am trying to get the omni turret to continually fire musket balls yet when I press the button it only fires once and doesn't keep going.
Here with an update, this set up fixed it?
[doublepost=1562254210,1562253870][/doublepost]This setup completely avoided the problem.
I believe what's happening is that the omni turrets injector wasn't properly putting out a signal so I had to use a chest loop to get that signal? hopefully this isn't me being dumb and a bug?
Omni Turrets and Super Omni Turrets have a cool-down timer. After shooting a bullet, they won't except a new bullet item for a little while, so the siphon just breaks after the first shot. You need some sort of timer to make them fire continuously. In your last image the chest loop is basically doing just that.
You can do this a little more elegantly by dedicating one chest to work as a timer. You just basically put an extractor and injector on the same chest, connected by a gate, and you get a perfect 60 act/second timer. Then you can use the output of this timer to activate the extractor that pump the ammo to the turrets.

On ores/bars, couldn't it be filtered just like bags are? I was poking around in the bag filter file a bit and it didn't seem all that impossible. I know, easy for me to say not understanding all the moving parts :)

I reworked part of the bag file, to this:

private void LoadOreFilter()
{
Ore = new HashSet<int>();

Ores.Add(ItemID.CopperOre);

Ore.Add(ItemID.TinOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.IronOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.GoldOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.SilverOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.PlatinumOre);

Ore.Add(ItemID.DemoniteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.CobaltOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.MythrilOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.AdamantiteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.LeadOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.TungstenOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.CrimtaneOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.ChlorophyteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.PalladiumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.OrichalcumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.TitaniumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.FossilOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.LunarOre);

On ores/bars, couldn't it be filtered just like bags are? I was poking around in the bag filter file a bit and it didn't seem all that impossible. I know, easy for me to say not understanding all the moving parts :)

I reworked part of the bag file, to this:

private void LoadOreFilter()
{
Ore = new HashSet<int>();

Ores.Add(ItemID.CopperOre);

Ore.Add(ItemID.TinOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.IronOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.GoldOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.SilverOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.PlatinumOre);

Ore.Add(ItemID.DemoniteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.CobaltOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.MythrilOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.AdamantiteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.LeadOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.TungstenOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.CrimtaneOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.ChlorophyteOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.PalladiumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.OrichalcumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.TitaniumOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.FossilOre);
Ore.Add(ItemID.LunarOre);
Yes, but this would only work with the vanilla ores. Unless you feel like writing up a list of every single ore added by every tModLoader mod. :) It's pretty easy to spot if a ModItem is a bag. That's what this part does: DRKV333/MechTransfer Any ModItem that wants to behave as a loot bag has to override OpenBossBag at some point. Ores and bars are just regular items, there is nothing special about them, other than their name, and maybe the crafting recipes they appear in.

Well certainly not all, but maybe the most popular mods - Calamity, Thorium, etc.

Yes, but this would only work with the vanilla ores. Unless you feel like writing up a list of every single ore added by every tModLoader mod. :) It's pretty easy to spot if a ModItem is a bag. That's what this part does: DRKV333/MechTransfer Any ModItem that wants to behave as a loot bag has to override OpenBossBag at some point. Ores and bars are just regular items, there is nothing special about them, other than their name, and maybe the crafting recipes they appear in.

Well certainly not all, but maybe the most popular mods - Calamity, Thorium, etc.
I don't really want to have the responsibility of updating this list every time one of these mods updates, or when a new "popular" mod comes along. I'm fine with hardcoding vanilla stuff, as terraria doesn't really update too often. And when it does it will most likely completely break my mod anyway. Doing the some for content from other mods is just not feasible. The authors can make drastic changes to their mods any time they feel like. Look at Fargo's Mutant for instance. It's continuously having issues with mods randomly renaming their summon items. Sorry, but I just don't want to deal with that.

Hello. I'm trying this setup. I just want to understand why does the extractor just extracts from the first chest in each row, and don't keep extracting until every chest is empty. Thanks in advance.

upload_2019-7-8_17-57-42.png

Hello. I'm trying this setup. I just want to understand why does the extractor just extracts from the first chest in each row, and don't keep extracting until every chest is empty. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 223895
Extractors don't act as pipes. Items coming from other extractors don't pass through them. You'll need a line of pipes above the extractors, all the way across, for this setup to work.

Back
Top Bottom