tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

I managed to make the updated version work on windows...

Didn't finished testing on window,s and didn't started testing on Linux... Still I thought it would be funny to post this test here:

Capture 2019-11-29 13_21_27.png

I was testing infinite looping an item...

And another test was removing stacks from Magic Storage and adding to a normal chest (by the way it seemly is a little buggy, oonly works if you connect to the main network, doens't work with "remote" networks or I did something wrong).

Then suddenly occured to me... what if I connect the pipes of one test to the other?

EDIT: As "unit test" of sorts, I made a exact copy of your armor switcher, and it worked on Windows, sadly, I don't know how to make terraria gifs so you can update op post with the new sprites :(

Also I have no clue how the wiring work... but it does work.

Last edited:
Didn't finished testing on window,s and didn't started testing on Linux...
I actually don't normally do any testing on Linux or Mac. Mostly cause not too long ago those versions of TModLoader didn't even exist. But still, I don't think there is anything nearly low level in this that could mess up on different platforms. And if something does, it's most likely TModLoader's fault anyway. But I do appreciate you thoroughness. :)

by the way it seemly is a little buggy, oonly works if you connect to the main network, doens't work with "remote" networks or I did something wrong
I feel like that worked last time I looked at it, though it's entirely possible something broke it. At some point maybe we could see if we can PR the adapter into Magic Storage, so we don't have to deal with this stuff anymore.

I will test in multiplayer soon, then I will submit a PR if it worked, I already pushed to my repo the edited version though...

Also I was tempted to refactor some code to improve performance but better not... No idea if I would break stuff, never coded anything for tmodloader before so better not mess with stuff I don't know what I am doing.

Hi, quick question, didn't the extractors used to work automatically? as in, they'd extract an item/stack per game tick as long as they were active?

it'd be cool to have that functionality again.

Edit: nvm I figured it out. Any newly placed items will trigger the auto extraction

Edit2: no wait now it always pulls out everything, I'm lost

Last edited:
is there any way to tell if an item is passing through a transfer pipe or not (like a capacity sensor that emits a wire signal when an item is in a chest or passes through a transfer pipe)?
this would be a useful feature, if it isn't already included, as you could have a player select an item at a shop and before that item is given to them they also must throw coins into the system in order to pay for it.

is there any way to tell if an item is passing through a transfer pipe or not (like a capacity sensor that emits a wire signal when an item is in a chest or passes through a transfer pipe)?
this would be a useful feature, if it isn't already included, as you could have a player select an item at a shop and before that item is given to them they also must throw coins into the system in order to pay for it.
Yes, that is one if the uses for the transfer relay. Though, you can use pretty much any item receiving device. They output a signal when something arrives at them.

Hi, quick question, didn't the extractors used to work automatically? as in, they'd extract an item/stack per game tick as long as they were active?

it'd be cool to have that functionality again.

Edit: nvm I figured it out. Any newly placed items will trigger the auto extraction

Edit2: no wait now it always pulls out everything, I'm lost
Ooops, sorry for the late reply. I must have missed the notification again...
They never worked like that. If you want to extract all items from a container, you can setup a "siphon", where you connect a wire from the receiving transfer device to the extractor. The reciving device outputs a signal and retriggers the extractor, as long as there are still items to send.

This is an amazing mod! i LOVE it!

Buuuuut....... some of the shown things like armor swapper isn't working in terraria 1.11.6.2 version. now i would love if you would update the gifs.

Thank you in advance for your patience to read this.

This is an amazing mod! i LOVE it!

Buuuuut....... some of the shown things like armor swapper isn't working in terraria 1.11.6.2 version. now i would love if you would update the gifs.

Thank you in advance for your patience to read this.
I'm glad you are enjoying the mod.
I've just tested the armor swap setup, it seems to work fine.
At some point I will update the first post with the new sprites. It's just a bit annoying, and haven't got around to it yet. In terms of the mechanics nothing really changed, things just look a bit different.

I'm glad you are enjoying the mod.
I've just tested the armor swap setup, it seems to work fine.
At some point I will update the first post with the new sprites. It's just a bit annoying, and haven't got around to it yet. In terms of the mechanics nothing really changed, things just look a bit different.
How about new mechanics then ?
I'm thinking a sort of conveyored plant pot where if you send seeds to it, those seeds are planted, and any mature plant is auto harvested and sent in the pipe.
This block could either be 1x1 and directly connect to the pipe network or be 2x1 and require usage of extractors and injectors. (And have an internal inventory for harvested plants)
(Personally i prefer the direct connect method)
In the same idea, a 3*1 "forestry" block that works like the plant pot but for trees.

These two blocks could require a wire signal to check for grown plants though, I don't really mind, a simple clock and voila.

Also I tested the stack extractor with a mod that changes the stack size (give max_int size to stacks) and it would still extract one by one, am I doing something wrong ?

How about new mechanics then ?
I'm thinking a sort of conveyored plant pot where if you send seeds to it, those seeds are planted, and any mature plant is auto harvested and sent in the pipe.
This block could either be 1x1 and directly connect to the pipe network or be 2x1 and require usage of extractors and injectors. (And have an internal inventory for harvested plants)
(Personally i prefer the direct connect method)
In the same idea, a 3*1 "forestry" block that works like the plant pot but for trees.

These two blocks could require a wire signal to check for grown plants though, I don't really mind, a simple clock and voila.
This sort of stuff has been suggested before. Item breaking, placement and similar stuff are on "the list". I'm not sure when I'll have time to actually work on this stuff though, maybe next summer.

Also I tested the stack extractor with a mod that changes the stack size (give max_int size to stacks) and it would still extract one by one, am I doing something wrong ?
I tested it now with "Max Stack Plus Extra", that one seems to be fine. I'm not entirely sure how changing the maximum stack size could break MechTransfer, but I suppose it's not impossible. Could be down to how it's implemented specifically.

This sort of stuff has been suggested before. Item breaking, placement and similar stuff are on "the list". I'm not sure when I'll have time to actually work on this stuff though, maybe next summer.

I tested it now with "Max Stack Plus Extra", that one seems to be fine. I'm not entirely sure how changing the maximum stack size could break MechTransfer, but I suppose it's not impossible. Could be down to how it's implemented specifically.
Thanks for you answer. I just got the idea to pickup your repo on github and try and create those blocks myself, any tips/guides on how to get started with terraria modding ?

Yes, you can always find the latest version on GitHub. DRKV333/MechTransfer

Hiii sorry to bother with such an old comment, but im new and i wanted to know if you or someone here could walk me through, or tell me where i could find help with the instalations process of thismod, which i can´t explain how awesome I think it is, really cool job, thhis guy nailded it

Autocraft still doesn't work in multiplayer ?
As far as I know, yes. But I've not yet been able to reproduce the specific issues people reported.

Hiii sorry to bother with such an old comment, but im new and i wanted to know if you or someone here could walk me through, or tell me where i could find help with the instalations process of thismod, which i can´t explain how awesome I think it is, really cool job, thhis guy nailded it
You don't really need the source code for that. Just install tModLoader by following the guide on this page:

After that, open tModLoader, go to the "Mod Browser" menu, search for "MechTransfer" and click the download button next to the mod.

You can instally it simply from the mod browser :)

As far as I know, yes. But I've not yet been able to reproduce the specific issues people reported.
Well I tried it, hosted a test world, invited my friend, built a setup to autocraft, everything looked like it would work (recipe set in the crafting tile, ingredients in the chest, etc ...) but a wire pulse would just do nothing. Left the world and loaded it back, this time in singleplayer, would work flawlessly. If that helps ? (I didn't try to do it in multiplayer, but alone, want me to verify ?)
EDIT : I just tested in host & play while alone, autocrafting doesn't work, and for some reason the chest keeps auto closing whenever an item is added to it, I think there are several sync issues..

Last edited:
Well I tried it, hosted a test world, invited my friend, built a setup to autocraft, everything looked like it would work (recipe set in the crafting tile, ingredients in the chest, etc ...) but a wire pulse would just do nothing. Left the world and loaded it back, this time in singleplayer, would work flawlessly. If that helps ? (I didn't try to do it in multiplayer, but alone, want me to verify ?)
Thanks, I'll take a look at it at some point, when I have time.

EDIT : I just tested in host & play while alone, autocrafting doesn't work, and for some reason the chest keeps auto closing whenever an item is added to it, I think there are several sync issues..
That is intentional. In MP, players get kicked out of chests when they are accessed by the chest adapter. Otherwise, you could grab an item from the chest after the server extracted it, but before the client received the message about the change, thus duplicating the item.

Back
Top Bottom