tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

quick question will the autocrafter work with magic storage? i want to have it where i can automate ore smelting the ores in my magic storage system but i don't know if it can do so or not.

quick question will the autocrafter work with magic storage? i want to have it where i can automate ore smelting the ores in my magic storage system but i don't know if it can do so or not.
It should, but I would recommend moving all the items to a separate chest instead. The Assembler is kinda buggy. Also every time it's activated, it has to look through every single item stored in adjacent containers, which could take a while with a large Magic Storage network.

I've been using your mod together with Luiafk, Ore Seeds and a couple other mods to (slowly) build an automated potion-crafting lab where every single vanilla potion will be crafted automatically (using a star farm, eventual cobweb farm, statue farms, auto-fishers and planted ore that is auto-harvested along with all the herbs necessary.)
Since Luiafk is MIA and the mod might/probably will not be updated, I was wondering if you would ever consider adding more automation features to this mod (or a new mod) such as harvesters similar to the plant, cactus, tree harvesters and auto-fishers from Luiafk. That's like the number 1 thing I'm hoping for from someone in the modding scene post tmod 1.4.
Anyway, I love this mod. Thanks for making it :)

I've been using your mod together with Luiafk, Ore Seeds and a couple other mods to (slowly) build an automated potion-crafting lab where every single vanilla potion will be crafted automatically (using a star farm, eventual cobweb farm, statue farms, auto-fishers and planted ore that is auto-harvested along with all the herbs necessary.)
Since Luiafk is MIA and the mod might/probably will not be updated, I was wondering if you would ever consider adding more automation features to this mod (or a new mod) such as harvesters similar to the plant, cactus, tree harvesters and auto-fishers from Luiafk. That's like the number 1 thing I'm hoping for from someone in the modding scene post tmod 1.4.
I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. :)
I do have plans to make a mod that's centered around automating the production of various "renewable" resources. It's gonna be a pretty big project.
I just find it really difficult nowadays to bring myself to do anything related to terraria. I don't find having to deal with tModLoader and all the spaghetti code fun anymore. The 1.4 update was also really disappointing for me... Maybe once the 1.4 version of tModLoader stabilizes I'll try to get back to modding.

sup, ive tried making the automate extractor thing. ive copied the machine from the gif but when i activate the button it only activates once and dont repeat

You could say that
Lui is AFK

sup, ive tried making the automate extractor thing. ive copied the machine from the gif but when i activate the button it only activates once and dont repeat
Did you connect the extractor next to the chest and the injector next to the extractinator with a wire?

yes, but the button dont work. it only activates ones

I've been working on something similar. The only way i found for it to work was to use multiple 1 sec timers to get it to run faster. I could try and show you a picture of how i have it set up if you wish.

Also does anyone know a way to say split or round robin items? for example. Im playing skyblock and want to set it up so that half of my obsidian goes into one chest to be used with Extractor and half goes into a chest for storage/Use. wanting to do this with stone and dirt as well. Trying to get it so i have auto Obsidian, Stone, Dirt, and sand generation to rebuild the world lol

Also does anyone know a way to say split or round robin items? for example. Im playing skyblock and want to set it up so that half of my obsidian goes into one chest to be used with Extractor and half goes into a chest for storage/Use. wanting to do this with stone and dirt as well. Trying to get it so i have auto Obsidian, Stone, Dirt, and sand generation to rebuild the world lol
There was a post about that a while back: tModLoader - MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...
You can also use a shift register style counter to add more destinations.

There was a post about that a while back: tModLoader - MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...
You can also use a shift register style counter to add more destinations.

That's amazing. Thank you.

Another quick question if you don't mind. Is there any plans for a configurable item filter. For example: You make a basic filter that if held in hand and right click it it opens a GUI where you can put in specific items for it to route.

When using an Extractinator on skyblock with skyblock mod
Obsidian = Lead, Iron, Tin, Copper, Stone
Stone = Platinum, Gold, Tungsten, Silver, Dirt
Dirt = Potion seeds, Biome Seeds, Sand

What i want is to have say all the ore be filtered into 1 chest and seeds filtered into another. then say try and use the Obsidian, Stone, Dirt . With the round robin method above to both keep using and storing said items. Please let me know if this makes sense or not. i might be able to make a youtube vid to better explain if needed

Last edited:
hey i found a bug with your mod, might be compatibility issues with the other mods i am playing with, but when i play with this mod on multiplayer (steam crossplay) the autocrafting doesnt work

or well, i think its a bug atleast

I don't know if this is me not understanding the mod or an outright bug, but I noticed that items won't transfer into the Magic Storage via the Magic Storage Interface, yet has no trouble with a regular chest. I have the injector, interface, and magic storage set up similar to how it's shown in the example but it still doesn't work?

Edit: For some reason I didn't think to question if it was because I was using "Magic Storage Extra," also by BlushieMagic, which is for some reason completely different from Magic Storage

Last edited:
hey i found a bug with your mod, might be compatibility issues with the other mods i am playing with, but when i play with this mod on multiplayer (steam crossplay) the autocrafting doesnt work

or well, i think its a bug atleast
That is entirely possible...

how do you set it up to auto smelt ores?
I believe the end of the first post has a picture of an auto-smelter. It's a bit outdated, but something like that should work.

quick question, is there a way you can set up the omni turrets to not deal damage to players?
Well, they are supposed to be sort of like souped up dart traps. So, no, not doing damage to players would be a bit cheaty. :)

I don't know if this is me not understanding the mod or an outright bug, but I noticed that items won't transfer into the Magic Storage via the Magic Storage Interface, yet has no trouble with a regular chest. I have the injector, interface, and magic storage set up similar to how it's shown in the example but it still doesn't work?

Edit: For some reason I didn't think to question if it was because I was using "Magic Storage Extra," also by BlushieMagic, which is for some reason completely different from Magic Storage
I've been a bit out of the loop, I don't know what "Magic Storage Extra" is. But, if it's a different mod from Magic Storage, than chances are it won't work with MechTransfer as it. There is an API to get modded containers working, so you could nag BlushieMagic about this. ;)

I've been a bit out of the loop, I don't know what "Magic Storage Extra" is. But, if it's a different mod from Magic Storage, than chances are it won't work with MechTransfer as it. There is an API to get modded containers working, so you could nag BlushieMagic about this. ;)
Since I use it to, basically a fork that adds some extra features and integrations. ...but it should export the same API as MagicStorage I believe.

Back
Top Bottom