Game Mechanics Mediumcore / Hardcore death penalty settings for Journey characters?

Lythael

The Destroyer
I know it may on paper seem pointless to add such thing in a mode with basically a "cheat sheet" BUT imagine what joy it would bring to masochists to have a Master Mode experience but with 10x increased enemy spawns aswell as have Mediumcore / Hardcore death penalty looming over their Journey characters!

I mean having it as optional setting wouldn't hurt right?
Shouldn't be too hard to add? I hope..

I think it could be pretty cool. I think people would like it so they can just fight enemies whilst continuing to pick themselves back up again, or something?

I don't think mediumcore makes sense in Journey, since you can just duplicate everything you dropped when you died. A hardcore option would be welcome by some, I'm sure. In that case also disable the god mode button and limit the spawn rate slider to a minimum of 1x.

I don't think mediumcore makes sense in Journey, since you can just duplicate everything you dropped when you died. A hardcore option would be welcome by some, I'm sure. In that case also disable the god mode button and limit the spawn rate slider to a minimum of 1x.
I think it would depend on how serious you are with this mediumcore, sure you can duplicate everything back but you don't have to.

It's all about having the option and customize the difficulty to your own liking including death and item drop penalty enemy spawns etc.
Journey mode is about playing your way and all the powers and god mode is there but you don't have to use it.
You can play in certain way with it.

One's individual will power should not be a deciding factor whenever it makes sense or not when adding optional settings like these to a mode which already has a lot of enviroment / difficulty customization options.

Back
Top Bottom