Meet the Dryad | Dungeon Defenders II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this looks awesome! (And is the most info we've ever gotten on an NPC xD).

I started playing DDII upon the announcement, so I'm saving up medals to hopefully get her. I do wonder about the whole Corrupted form, though, and what the limits on that will be--like, there has to be something keeping a player from staying in that form ALL the time, because it sounds like basically one-winged angel mode. Maybe there's a meter, or it has something to do with ability points/whatever the blue meter is called? (I mean, I can find several reasons it'd be impractical in-universe, but I'm wondering how the mechanic will be implemented.)

Also I love all the nods to Terraria in her attacks--from the blessing to the Purification Powder/Vile Mushrooms and the Angry Nimbus! And wow, the Harpies are actually people! Blame my lack of vision but I always thought they were just super angry birds. So the Dryad's friends with those hellions, huh? She's gotta tell 'em to get offa my cloud >.<

Anyway, super excited for this, it looks like the TE team did a great job including the spirit of the game in there, and I'm looking forward to hearing what Terraria's going to take from this!

(And this is just me but I see prime fanfiction material here.)

Well, completing the campaign, if you haven't yet, will get you off to a good start with 5k medals.

I'm assuming, with what we've been given, that there won't really be a limit. But, you can't regen your resource while in that form (via Star Fall) I could very well be wrong, though. We'll likely find out tomorrow during the dev stream. Tomorrow at 3pm EST https://www.twitch.tv/trendyent

Well, completing the campaign, if you haven't yet, will get you off to a good start with 5k medals.

I'm assuming, with what we've been given, that there won't really be a limit. But, you can't regen your resource while in that form (via Star Fall) I could very well be wrong, though. We'll likely find out tomorrow during the dev stream. Tomorrow at 3pm EST https://www.twitch.tv/trendyent

Yeah, I'm working on the campaign, I just keep getting stuck since no one seems to be playing whatever the next map I need is at any given time (and I'm more for being support rather than leading the defense since A-I'm not experienced at tower defense games, B-I can barely tell what's going on due to a mix of bad vision and cluelessness, and C-Framerate? What framerate?)

And oooooh, looking at the trailer again and you're probably right about that--you can see a meter at the bottom of the screen when they're talking about Starfall. Interested to see how that'll play out. I almost forgot the stream was tomorrow--I might see some of you there!

No messing with nature .....

...Because apparently, nature messes back.

This is a very nice interpretation of the Terraria Dryad in an action game. Nice twist on the character while still sticking to the theme of her Terraria origins. If there were more Terrarians in DD2, I might actually pick it up just because (even though I dislike multipler-centric games...)

I'd love to see the Mechanic (Single-Target Trap DPS), Demolitionist (Trap-centric AoE), Cyborg (Mobile AoE), Steampunker (No idea...Crowd Control?), and Arms Dealer (Mobile Single Target DPS). Ah, maybe Witch Doctor (DoT & Debuffs) as well. Dunno; just throwing stuff out.

Actually, is the collaboration limited to just the Dryad or will there be more Terraria characters introduced?

I wonder, will the Dryad be free for everyone or not? I haven't played DD2 before (And I wanna start to).
Btw, this looks very amazing! :cool:

I wonder, will the Dryad be free for everyone or not? I haven't played DD2 before (And I wanna start to).
As far as I'm aware, you can buy the Dryad to unlock her instantly, but you can also unlock her for free through playing the game.

I'm quite sad..
I've been trying to make the game work properly but whenever I felt like I could finally play, my Internet comes in and ruins the fun.
In the end I could only play the tutorial.
Also When I leave the game I might as well restart it considering the fact it takes about 5 mins to truly close after hitting the "leave" button, on one of the best PCs out there...

I know I should complain tothe DD devs but these reasons are why I might not play DD II with the Terrararia crossover, been too frustrated trying to play for like 2 hours...

List of references I saw:

-The Dryad fights the Eye fo Cthulhu near the begining.
-She has the Blade of Grass and the Leaf wings
-She has her blessing that both grants defense buffs and damages enemies, it even has the same icon:
Dryad%27s_Blessing.png

-She has the 2 kinds of powder, with the corrupted powder releasing the cCorruption`s thorns.

- The starfall looks exactly like the Fallen Stars in-game
-The moss hornets:
Moss_Hornet.png

-The harpies:
Harpy.png

-All the slimes are there, even the umbrella slime::pslime::pinky::yslime::cslime:
-The Angry nimbus is there.

I will update as I see more.

Just to answer that question: You'll be able to try out the Dryad for FREE in a "Normalized" mode of the Terraria map as many times as you want. Then if you want to add her to your deck permanently, you can unlock her via Defender Medals (Our in-game earned currency) or Gems (Our premium currency). So you can keep her via gameplay or purchase. :dryadcool:

Protip: We do events every weekend to help you get Defender Medals much faster, so definitely play on weekends! :dryadhappy:

Last edited:
As some others have mentioned, I wouldn't mind seeing the corrupted Dryad appear in Terraria, maybe during bloodmoons? Looking forward to the new content Terraria side, Gonna have to start actually playing Dungeon Defenders 2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom