Meet The Team: Pipeworks QA Tester Dorn Jonah McIntosh

ClearConscious

Terrarian
Pipeworks Studio
MTTjmcintosh.jpg

Meet the Team is a regular feature in which we interview members of the Pipeworks team working on
Terraria to give you a brief introduction to the people working behind the scenes to maintain and improve your favorite game. Today, our subject is Dorn Jonah McIntosh, Quality Assurance Tester.

Can you give us your name and title?

Dorn Jonah McIntosh, Quality Assurance Tester.

Where are you from, and how long have you been working in games?

I was born and raised in Seattle, WA. I moved down here to Eugene, OR in 2014 and not too long after, I got my first job in the video games industry here at Pipeworks, last year, in July of 2015.

What have you worked on in the past that people might know?

I’ve done QA Testing for a port of Gems of War for PS4 and XB1, ADR1FT for the PC, Portal Knights for the PC, and the last two updates of Terraria for the PlayStation and Xbox consoles. As well as a bit on Prominence Poker and SUPERFIGHT from us at Pipeworks!

Can you tell us what you do on the Terraria team?

I find bugs and document them as best I can to help Engineering do their thing. In addition, I’ll help out with tasks that I am suitably capable of. This usually means working with spreadsheets in some fashion, but sometimes other kinds of documentation, performing a demonstration of a build, or researching game information in Terraria.

What makes you passionate about working on Terraria?

It’s a great game! I love the exploration and discovery aspects of Terraria. I have fond memories of some of the world-changing moments when I first learned about some of the accessories and mechanics that I discovered on my first plays through the game. I also find something really satisfying about starting over from scratch and finding the quirks of a new world in the very early parts of a new run. I’ve done a 100% run in every update on PC from 1.0 to 1.3. And, with the number of hours I’ve played and worked on the project, I still find myself mystified to find realize I still enjoy playing Terraria. That’s even after the time I spent 6 straight weeks just fishing!

What would you like to tell players about the future of Terraria on consoles?

It’s looking so bright; you’re going to want shades. :cool:*

Another friendly face to see and welcome! I love how you guys are Terraria fans.

Looking at the bottom left screen, I highly approve of the homes for the NPCs and their lack of doors. My NPCs do not get doors either, they're always opening them. And even sometimes closing them. All that noise is madness. Doors do not live in my worlds.

That’s even after the time I spent 6 straight weeks just fishing!
Yes! I will invite you right away into my world named "Let's Go Fishing".

Back
Top Bottom