Game Mechanics Melee attack based on curser location & not movement direction

Tamorr

Terrarian
First off I play both console and pc versions. To me they are pretty much the same except 1 thing. This is minus obvious content.

This is just an option I am proposing to be added, and is similar to smart curser & the auto select feature.

On the console with a melee weapon that is not a directional attack, usually a sword, It will swing in the direction of the curser when in that fine build mode. What I am asking if it is possible to add that to the PC addition as maybe either a check box option or key bound toggle button.

Smart curser does not do this with any of the swords that I have gotten without a projectile.

Basically all it to the player is the sword will attack/swing in the direction of the curser. Now I have noticed they have done this with the more directional weapons (spears, thrown, etc.), but not the swords; at least not the ones I am aware of, which are the ones with projectiles.

That is what makes playing each mainly different from each other for me, beyond one using a controller and the other mouse & key board.

Since other weapons have this already within the pc version wouldn't stand to reason swords would do the same, but with a swing left/right according to where the curser is? This would be more simple than the directional location of a spear I would think, since that is circular in location.

Right now you have to move in the direction you attack in, even though some of the bigger swords have some behind hit detection like the pre-hardmode Blade of Grass. Not all have that tiny/small that will hit things behind. What I am suggesting is so you can just move your curser behind you and still run forward while attacking from behind as you move, even if a bit slower depending on how often you swing. It is mainly being able to attack and move separately/independently of each other where direction is concerned with the weapons that don't already do this.

similar yes, but not the same, as the ranged is like the spear in that you can throw it in any direction while you move your character in one direction based on where you point your curser. I have not messed with all the magic one, but if I remember correctly the water sceptor squirts directionally like a spear, but as a curve. And the magic missile has its' own mechanic to it.

But yes basically similar to what you can do with the ranged weapons, minus the directional part, as the melee ones like swords have only 2 directions you can attack in. It would allow you to swing backward while moving forward in theory, just like poking left with a spear while moving right at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom