tModLoader Melee Combat Aim [REQUEST]

Foreck

Terrarian
I have a very special request as I don't know if this is plausible.
Right now in Terraria when you swing a weapon, the weapon aims in the direction you are currently facing as you run, instead of facing the direction you are aiming with your cursor (as it is with ranged, magic and throwing weapons), this is prejudicial as one cannot, for example, run from a boss while dealing damage consistently thus limiting the movility of the player.
As you may have noticed, my request is for melee weapons to target the cursor just like in Starbound for one to quickly switch between sides in an ambush (this is specially hard to do with autoswing weapons) or to deal damage while running backwards.
I'll be extremely thankful for a mod or way to implement this as I think it would greatly increase the experience of various player.

Disclaimer: I'm not a modder, I'd just like to share my thoughts on the matter
Some melee weapons, like spears, flails, and any sword that throws projectiles already have this functionality, so it would probably only require a bit of Ctrl+C Ctrl+V to add it to weapons that don't.
That being said, it'd be kinda tedious to implement this as you'd have to go and change the relevant code for every melee weapon that doesn't work like that. However, you're right that it would be a pretty nice QoL improvement.
To anyone here with the time and ability to do this: it'd be appreciated.

I have a very special request as I don't know if this is plausible.
Right now in Terraria when you swing a weapon, the weapon aims in the direction you are currently facing as you run, instead of facing the direction you are aiming with your cursor (as it is with ranged, magic and throwing weapons), this is prejudicial as one cannot, for example, run from a boss while dealing damage consistently thus limiting the movility of the player.
As you may have noticed, my request is for melee weapons to target the cursor just like in Starbound for one to quickly switch between sides in an ambush (this is specially hard to do with autoswing weapons) or to deal damage while running backwards.
I'll be extremely thankful for a mod or way to implement this as I think it would greatly increase the experience of various player.
Hey man. I made Directional Melee.

Back
Top Bottom