Weapons & Equip Melee Lifesteal- For Corruption Worlds

the SOTC may seem to have more damage, but it actually has less DPS than the vampire knives. the main projectile, which lacks homing, deals roughly 64 damage. it then splits into 2-4 tiny eaters, which deal roughly half that. so, each one (we'll average it out and say there's 3) deals about 32 damage. 3x32+64=160 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
vampire knives deal about 29 damage each. it can shoot 4-8 projectiles, so we'll average that out to 6. if each projectile deals 29 damage, then 6x29=174 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
so on average: 160 SOTC damage per click, 174 VK damage per click.
now, if each of them shoot the least number of projectiles:
SOTC: 2x32+64=128
VK: 4x29=116
and if each of them shoot the maximum number of projectiles:
SOTC: 4x32+64=192
VK: 8x29=232
now, if we combine the totals of all of these:
SOTC: 480
VK: 522
and the vampire knives have healing, but the SOTC doesn't. also, the homing of the SOTC only works if the main projectile hits something. if it flies off into space, it won't home. also, each projectile might home into a different enemy, and deal less damage. however, the vampire knives spread, so can hit many different enemies and at short-medium range(i.e, the size of the screen) can be much more effective. and all that's without ichor(crimson) and cursed flames(corruption).

Not to be discouraging or anything, but that would make the SOTC overpowered, because for one, it has much more range, speed, and damage than the vampire knives, and two, it splits into more projectiles that start homing in on impact.

Besides, just make new worlds, grab some crimstone, go back to your hardmode world, make a biome, and start farming, then make the key, go to the world with the crimson and unlock the chest.:happy:

In other words... it's good just as it is right now, remember the developers are already very busy working on 1.3!
Im talking about playthroughs. In playthroughs you cant visit other worlds. And if u have corruption there is no way to lifesteal.

I've been thinking, and I now believe that the only thing that the Scourge should have is the little eaters. Nothing more. Otherwise it's just redundant.
Im talking about playthroughs. In playthroughs you cant visit other worlds. And if u have corruption there is no way to lifesteal.
That is, however, a player-made restriction.

You can sorta see where this is coming from, but on the other hand I don't see it getting a spotlight with anything current for melee. You might need a new melee weapon to make this vision come true, maybe a melee weapon that is in fact a little more... melee... than throwing knives.

Considering it for the Scourge, why not actually consider a new spear for it, one that doesn't do a long range multi-target projectile. You might be able to balance this idea if you use a generic spear. Get something together that uses Cursed Flames along with something else late game to craft a life leech spear.

You can sorta see where this is coming from, but on the other hand I don't see it getting a spotlight with anything current for melee. You might need a new melee weapon to make this vision come true, maybe a melee weapon that is in fact a little more... melee... than throwing knives.

Considering it for the Scourge, why not actually consider a new spear for it, one that doesn't do a long range multi-target projectile. You might be able to balance this idea if you use a generic spear. Get something together that uses Cursed Flames along with something else late game to craft a life leech spear.
How about this: it uses ectoplasm? That way its HM dungeon tiered. I kinda have an idea for something I can do with that...

I don't think it's necessary to have the SoTC to have Life Steal. If it were to get a buff, give it something else. it's already hella better than the VK in some situations (range for example). They're actually useful in situations VK is not.

How about this: it uses ectoplasm? That way its HM dungeon tiered. I kinda have an idea for something I can do with that...
Honestly, you might as well just throw all the end game weapons together, I mean, come on, just setup some heart statues and have a bunch of health potions on you.

heart statues are pretty rare. i never get more than one per world, and i don't like flipping through multiple worlds with one character, it doesn't feel legit. and as for the health potions, potion sickness. with the corruption, melee characters have to wait on tenterhooks for potion sickness to end, while crimson players with their vampire knives can heal anytime. i literally beat a pumpkin moon with no potions of any kind and hallowed armor by using the vampire knives. meanwhile, my character with turtle armor and about 90 defense and a terra blade got squished.

heart statues are pretty rare. i never get more than one per world, and i don't like flipping through multiple worlds with one character, it doesn't feel legit. and as for the health potions, potion sickness. with the corruption, melee characters have to wait on tenterhooks for potion sickness to end, while crimson players with their vampire knives can heal anytime. i literally beat a pumpkin moon with no potions of any kind and hallowed armor by using the vampire knives. meanwhile, my character with turtle armor and about 90 defense and a terra blade got squished.
Really? I usually get around 3-5 per world, takes me a while to find them though...
Just unlucky I guess.

i mean i never manage to collect more than one per world, not that only one generates per world. i don't have the patience to spend 2 hours just looking for statues. i had one fall into lava once. that was painful.

i mean i never manage to collect more than one per world, not that only one generates per world. i don't have the patience to spend 2 hours just looking for statues. i had one fall into lava once. that was painful.
Yeah, unlucky:sigh:, one time I found ten within the first night
[DOUBLEPOST=1422849580][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like i have said MANY times: this is talking about single world playthroughs
Well, if you want to add lifesteal, make it weaker or have the lifesteal be 0.1%

the lifesteal would still be affected by the cap of 2 hearts per second, like vampire knives and spectre armor. and you can kinda duplicate the effect of constant lifesteal by wearing spectre armor and using a nimbus rod, and i personally don't think that's OP. but something storm might have forgotten to mention would be how long the debuff would last. i think it should last about 2-3 seconds per enemy.

I also considered corrupted, but corrupted inflicted on a corruptor didnt sound like it made any sense.

well, it is called the scourge of the corruptor. :)

Last edited:
There is absolutely no official statement or rule anywhere, even within the design of the game itself, that indicates that "world hopping" is in any way not legit.

true, but it shouldn't be mandatory for survival. it is almost impossible to survive(let alone defeat) the frost moon in melee without vampire knives. and just the idea of world hopping automatically seems illegitimate to many people, as you can use quick, nonrenewable methods of getting money or supplies, such as smashing shadow orbs and demon altars, with no repercussions for your main world.

Back
Top Bottom