Weapons & Equip Melee Lifesteal- For Corruption Worlds

stormconure

Duke Fishron
Recently there have been many suggestions about lifesteal for rangers, and even one or two about summoners. The idea behind these was that every class had a way to lifesteal: melee had Vampire Knives, mage had Spectre Hood, and then the others had... Whatever these suggestions were about. But there was one thing that was completely overlooked: melee was then left at a disadvantage playthrough-wise. Doing a melee-only playthrough in a corruption world means that you cannot lifesteal. Vampire Knives are Crimson only.

So I intend to fix that. Here is what I came up with: a new weapon mechanic for the Scourge of the Corruptor.

Rather than actually stealing health upon hitting like the Vampire Knives do, the SotC would inflict a debuff called Draining (thanks to TheQuietBisharp for the name). Draining would drain life at the same speed as On Fire, but with a twist: every time the enemy loses a point of HP, it will send a purple healing bolt at the player who inflicted the debuff, similarly to Vampire Knives. However, this healing bolt always heals for 1 HP.
Besides, it makes sense that something named "Corruptor" would inflict a debuff, right?

I hope that made sense. What do you think?

Last edited:
full support. the scourge of the corruptor is way too weak, especially compared to the vampire knives. i play almost exclusively on corruption worlds, and to survive the frost moon requires me to use spectre armor, and i much prefer melee. also, i think the healing beam should be purple. it would fit the corruption more. the homing eaters should do as much damage as the main one, to put it on par with the flairon.

Last edited:
It's a good base idea, but the healing seems quite weak, especially when you're not dealing with large crowds. That's on average 2.4 health per enemy per second, which isn't an awful lot.

full support. the scourge of the corruptor is way too weak, especially compared to the vampire knives. i play almost exclusively on corruption worlds, and to survive the frost moon requires me to use spectre armor, and i much prefer melee. also, i think the healing beam should be purple. it would fit the corruption more. the homing eaters should do as much damage as the main one, to put it on par with the flairon.
Thanks for the idea on the purple beams, cant believe i didnt think of that!
It's a good base idea, but the healing seems quite weak, especially when you're not dealing with large crowds. That's on average 2.4 health per enemy per second, which isn't an awful lot.
I changed it to a 100% chance to heal the player. That better? Should be 4-5 HP per enemy per second, and with a ton of enemies that can easily get huge.

I think a good name for the Debuff could be Drained. Just to keep the Minecraft fanboys at bay. +1 for you sir.
Drained, or draining... Yea, that sounds good. I also considered corrupted, but corrupted inflicted on a corruptor didnt sound like it made any sense :p

And what do u mean at bay? Im a minecraft fan myself :p

Drained, or draining... Yea, that sounds good. I also considered corrupted, but corrupted inflicted on a corruptor didnt sound like it made any sense :p

And what do u mean at bay? Im a minecraft fan myself :p
Specifically fanboy. Y'know, the 7 year old kids that think Minecraft is the best thing since their own birth. I used to play Minecraft a lot myself until the younger generation dominated it.

Meh, life steal isn't exactly necessary for everything. SOC is more effective as a weapon compared to the Vampire knives. I myself almost never touch them unless I'm out of potions (which is really rare) or I'm fooling around. As they say, a good offence is a good defense, and even more so in Terraria.

Meh, life steal isn't exactly necessary for everything. SOC is more effective as a weapon compared to the Vampire knives. I myself almost never touch them unless I'm out of potions (which is really rare) or I'm fooling around. As they say, a good offence is a good defense, and even more so in Terraria.
Well said, but without a Philosopher's Stone, I find myself struggling and always being low on health, and Philosopher's Stone is a pretty hard accessory to get, much like a lot of Mimic drops.

Well said, but without a Philosopher's Stone, I find myself struggling and always being low on health, and Philosopher's Stone is a pretty hard accessory to get, much like a lot of Mimic drops.
The biome keys are harder to get than Mimics, at least before 1.2 on mobile when Mimics at least spawned. So, I think it kinda plays out.

Back
Top Bottom