Weapons & Equip Melee Lifesteal- For Corruption Worlds

Put the code in between [code][/code]

thanks!
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/melee-lifesteal-for-corruption-worlds.10545'][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/melee-corruption-lifesteal-banner-png.27454/[/IMG][/URL]

I don't believe that the SotC actually needs life steal. If it's weaker than the VK, buff it. If it isn't leave it as it is. I don't think Corruption needs life steal, instead, it should focus on raw power.

I support. Also, a Draining flask would be nice too. For those who want to use other melee weapons. Again, draining only has a one hp boost, so why not? It's pretty balanced.

In my opinion, we don't quite need it, the SOTC is OP, with the right gear.

You won't even need lifesteal if you know how to use it properly

In my opinion, we don't quite need it, the SOTC is OP, with the right gear.

You won't even need lifesteal if you know how to use it properly

the SOTC may seem to have more damage, but it actually has less DPS than the vampire knives. the main projectile, which lacks homing, deals roughly 64 damage. it then splits into 2-4 tiny eaters, which deal roughly half that. so, each one (we'll average it out and say there's 3) deals about 32 damage. 3x32+64=160 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
vampire knives deal about 29 damage each. it can shoot 4-8 projectiles, so we'll average that out to 6. if each projectile deals 29 damage, then 6x29=174 damage per click, without defense or criticals.
so on average: 160 SOTC damage per click, 174 VK damage per click.
now, if each of them shoot the least number of projectiles:
SOTC: 2x32+64=128
VK: 4x29=116
and if each of them shoot the maximum number of projectiles:
SOTC: 4x32+64=192
VK: 8x29=232
now, if we combine the totals of all of these:
SOTC: 480
VK: 522
and the vampire knives have healing, but the SOTC doesn't. also, the homing of the SOTC only works if the main projectile hits something. if it flies off into space, it won't home. also, each projectile might home into a different enemy, and deal less damage. however, the vampire knives spread, so can hit many different enemies and at short-medium range(i.e, the size of the screen) can be much more effective. and all that's without ichor(crimson) and cursed flames(corruption).

Use Damage Boosters, my child. +10% Damage for the SoTC means +6.4 damage, while +10% damage for the VK means +2.9. Also, use modifiers. Factoring that in...

Use Damage Boosters, my child. +10% Damage for the SoTC means +6.4 damage, while +10% damage for the VK means +2.9. Also, use modifiers. Factoring that in...

but the scourge of the corruptor only gets a full boost to the main projectile, which doesn't home. and the other projectiles deal only about 50% of the main damage. the vampire knives get a full boost to each projectile, andthen there's ichor, crimson only, which cuts through enemies defense and gets even more damage.

note: i know it's not really possible to double melee damage, this is just to show that even with damage modifiers the vampire knives can outperform the scourge.
so, doubling the damage of each, with the projectiles:

scourge listed damage: 128
VK listed damage: 58

with average projectiles, the VKs have about 6. the scourge has(as well as the main one) 3.
so, average projectile number damage:

VK: 58x6=348

scourge: main=128,3 mini eaters with 50% damage, 64x3=192+128=320.

now, with least number of projectiles:

VK: 4x58=232

scourge: 64x2+128=256

with most projectiles:

VK: 58x8=464

scourge: 4x64+128=384

and all that's without factoring in the crimson-only ichor, which cuts through defense, and the fact that the VKs have 16 use time and the scourge has 19. with the much higher number of projectiles of the VKs and the fact that most of the scourge projectiles(all the homing ones) deal only 50% listed damage, AND the lifesteal of the vampire knives, the scourge is noticably weaker than the VKs.

but the scourge of the corruptor only gets a full boost to the main projectile, which doesn't home. and the other projectiles deal only about 50% of the main damage. the vampire knives get a full boost to each projectile, andthen there's ichor, crimson only, which cuts through enemies defense and gets even more damage.

note: i know it's not really possible to double melee damage, this is just to show that even with damage modifiers the vampire knives can outperform the scourge.

with average projectiles, the VKs have about 6. the scourge has(as well as the main one) 3.

with most projectiles:

and all that's without factoring in the crimson-only ichor, which cuts through defense, and the fact that the VKs have 16 use time and the scourge has 19. with the much higher number of projectiles of the VKs and the fact that most of the scourge projectiles(all the homing ones) deal only 50% listed damage, AND the lifesteal of the vampire knives, the scourge is noticably weaker than the VKs.

It's useful in certain situations, while the VK's are not.

It's useful in certain situations, while the VK's are not.

auto healing is useful all the time, and if it's range your talking about, range is not very important in a 2D game. enemies spawn just offscreen and try to get closer to you, range isn't an issue. and as for the homing, homing only activates after the main projectile hits something, and the homing projectiles don't even do full damage. in fact, i often have each projectile hit a different enemy, which drastically reduces the damage. plus, the vampire knives spread, and so require less aiming. unless you're referring to shooting the ground, in which case it does even less damage, because the main projectile doesn't even hit anything.

Either Buff the SoTC or Nerf the Vampire Knives, 'nuff said

No other melee weap should have healing abilities

buff the scourge and nerf the knives. but why only one melee healing weapon?

Because, to be honest, if the Vampire Knives with the Healing properties weren't added to the game, NOONE. Yes, NOONE would have thought about it, everyone would say that it would be OP.

And yes, it is kindof OP, as you stated with your maths up there, but the devs decided to put it on a chest that needs a rare drop, which, is based on luck

You might even get it on early hardmode or even never get it throughout your gameplay, in this case you would have to FARM for it.

And I mean, Melee doesn't seem to need alot of healing, there's heart statues, there's campfires, even heart lanterns and POTIONS! The Vampire knives don't even help at all with damage, They're weak! Every player just uses them for quickhealing, making it more of a tool than a weapon.

That's why, I think, that there shouldn't be more examples of this type of ability, yes , it's creative, but it breaks the game a bit too.

Because, to be honest, if the Vampire Knives with the Healing properties weren't added to the game, NOONE. Yes, NOONE would have thought about it, everyone would say that it would be OP.

And yes, it is kindof OP, as you stated with your maths up there, but the devs decided to put it on a chest that needs a rare drop, which, is based on luck

You might even get it on early hardmode or even never get it throughout your gameplay, in this case you would have to FARM for it.

And I mean, Melee doesn't seem to need alot of healing, there's heart statues, there's campfires, even heart lanterns and POTIONS! The Vampire knives don't even help at all with damage, They're weak! Every player just uses them for quickhealing, making it more of a tool than a weapon.

That's why, I think, that there shouldn't be more examples of this type of ability, yes , it's creative, but it breaks the game a bit too.

i actually got about 1000 DPS with the VKs against a pumpking.

i actually got about 1000 DPS with the VKs against a pumpking.
Hey, with your maths up there you said that the max dps for VK was 170 something, how cone you did 1000 dps? Its damage per SECOND, if you dont know... what I guess you do, but eh

Hey, with your maths up there you said that the max dps for VK was 170 something, how cone you did 1000 dps? Its damage per SECOND, if you dont know... what I guess you do, but eh

i said that the average damage per click was 170 something. it shoots more than once per second, and there's also critical hits, so it can often get more.

with most projectiles:

I should point out your calculations seem to ignore defense completely. Factoring in defense of all mobs in Hardmode and Events, the average defense would be around 28~30, which means around 15 damage reduction per hit. And seeing as VK has a lower base damage, it will suffer a lot more than SoTC when it comes to real DPS.

Let's see... I recall @W1K making comparison of the two, so it should't be hard to drag out the old calculation...

Back
Top Bottom