Console Melee on console: a guide to easy success

Kane Schmitz

Spazmatism
Melee has it’s ups and downs. It has the highest defense, but you also take a lot of damage. Highest damage output, but you have to get right up in the enemies’ face. So I’m here with a guide on how I completed a Melee Class Playthrough. (Well, I haven’t yet)
I’ll try and frequently put in new entries.
If you have questions about things, just ask

General Gameplay tips: take all the potions you can find. No exceptions.

Entry 01: Starting out
Explore the area. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a Boomerang or a Spear. And because cactus armor is overrated, go and make Boreal Wood Armor and a Sword. If you’re doing this around Halloween, make Pumpkin Armor. That should keep you safe for at least 10 minutes. Then, as all players do, build houses. At least 3. Then, you wait. When the merchant moves in, buy a Sickle, as it’s a moderately strong autoswing Melee weapon. Then, you go mining. In the tundra. There is a lot of great gear you can get, but the main goal is to get the Ice Blade, a strong Beam Sword. From there, you’ll be able to safely traverse most biomes.

Entry 02: The King
Find Gravitation Potions. When you have at least 2, go to spawn and use them to find Sky Islands. While anything will help, out main goal is to get the Starfury, which is a huge help. Once you have gotten all the islands, you need 2 things: a Slimy Crown and a rope pillar. Then, make the pillar and climb up it to safely defeat King Slime. The main items you need is Ninja Armor (which is an upgrade to boreal), a Slimy Saddle, and a Slime Hook.

Entry 03: Eye of being unpronounceable
All you need is a long platform, a double-jump item, a variant of Hermes boots, and a beam sword.
Summon it at 7:30 pm exactly. Dodge and attack. With practice, you can quickly switch between the Ice Blade and Starfury, firing more projectiles and dealing more damage. The items you need from it are the Crimtane/Demonite ore, which you turn into bars to make a yoyo and sword, which is very strong at that stage. Binoculars don’t hurt, either.

Entry 04: World evils
First, go to theUnderground jungle for a quick armor upgrade. The resources you’ll need for Jungle Armor are: 32 Jungle Spores, 10 Stingers, and 2 vines. And for extra, you could get the materials for an Amazon (8 rich mahogany, 2 stingers, a vine, and 3 jungle spores) which is a small upgrade over the Malaise/Artery. Blast 2 shadow orbs/crimson hearts for a Ball o’ hurt (Corrupt) or Rotted Fork (Crimson), which are very effective against each respective boss if used correctly. If you are unlucky enough to not get these then you can suck it the Amazon will be effective. For BoC, just put up a couple rows of platforms in the cave, and for EoW, build a rope ladder up so you can quickly get between the Caves and the surface. Then build an arena on the surface. For the battle, drop a bomb by the heart/orb and run for the arena. The battle is fairly straightforward. The main items you need is Crimtane/Demonite bars and Shadow Scales/Bloody Tissue to make their respective armor and pickaxe.

Entry 05: Upgrades
This is where the Enchanted Boomerang comes in handy. You’ll need to go to the caverns/hell and get 3 things:
225 Hellstone
75 Obsidian
A Hellforge
(If you get a cascade, use that all the way up to Hardmode)
Place the Hellforge and make all of that into 75 Hellstone Bars. You will make this into a full set of Molten Armor, a Hellstone Pickaxe and use the last of it and the beforementioned Enchanted Boomerang and make a Molten Boomerang, which is a very powerful weapon at that stage. Then you need 1 more item: String, to increase your yoyo range.

Entry 06:Queen beeshe’s a :red: who screws every male in the hive
You should have at least 360 health before advancing further.
This one was the trickiest for me. Find a hive, clear out the area, put up 3 rows of platforms, put down campfires and torches, and a Sharpening station (optional). When it is hovering above and firing bees and stingers, use the Amazon. When it dashes, use the Flamarang. Toss it out, and jump out of the way. Repeat this, and you’ll take it out. The main items you’ll need is a Bee Keeper (for events), The witch doctor, which sells the Imbuing Station, which is useful for making Flasks, and Wings when you reach Hardmode.

Entry 07: spooky time
For this one, you should really stay at a distance. A medium sized arena and the Flamarang will be best. Target the hands first, as the boomerang takes out a significant amount of the hand’s health per hit. Not to mention without ‘em, Skeletron’s weaker than a green slime against a wave of lava.

Entry 08: Final upgrades for pre-HM
Head into the dungeon. You really only needed 4 items:
Shadow Key
Muramasa
Cobalt Shield (duh)
Valor
immediately upgrade the Shield to an Obsidian one.
And now, down to hell, where you’ll (obviously) loot the shadow chests and make a Hellbridge (small world, 1/2 the world. Medium, 1/4. Large, idk) From the chests you’ll need the Sunfury (despite popular belief, doesn’t suck) and if you’re lucky, Lifeforce potions. By now, you should have:
Lightning/Frostspark boots
String
Cobalt Shield
Horseshoe Balloon
Shield of Cthulhu
(Hop into an expert world and kill the eye for this)

After that’s finished, farm for a Cascade, the best yoyo in pre-Hardmode. Then, idk. I’ll tell you how the battle turns out tomorrow.

Last edited:
Melee has it’s ups and downs. It has the highest defense, but you also take a lot of damage. Highest damage output, but you have to get right up in the enemies’ face. So I’m here with a guide on how I completed a Melee Class Playthrough. (Well, I haven’t yet)
I’ll try and frequently put in new entries.
If you have questions about things, just ask

General Gameplay tips: take all the potions you can find. No exceptions.

Entry 01: Starting out
Explore the area. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a Boomerang or a Spear. And because cactus armor is overrated, go and make Boreal Wood Armor and a Sword. That should keep you safe for at least 10 minutes. Then, as all players do, build houses. At least 3. Then, you wait. When the merchant moves in, buy a Sickle, as it’s a moderately strong autoswing Melee weapon. Then, you go mining. In the tundra. There is a lot of great gear you can get, but the main goal is to get the Ice Blade, a strong Beam Sword. From there, you’ll be able to safely traverse most biomes.

Entry 02: The King
Find Gravitation Potions. When you have at least 2, go to spawn and use them to find Sky Islands. While anything will help, out main goal is to get the Starfury, which is a huge help. Once you have gotten all the islands, you need 2 things: a Slimy Crown and a rope pillar. Then, make the pillar and climb up it to safely defeat King Slime. The main items you need is Ninja Armor (which is an upgrade to boreal), a Slimy Saddle, and a Slime Hook.
Ah, thanks finally a good console guide

Back
Top Bottom