Texture Pack Melstar's Minecraft Texturepack (Blocky Update!)

Hello people. It is time for your monthly dose of news.

We've been working on the update. Crazy, am I right? People WORKING on a texture pack?
OK seriously. We've been mostly working on respriting bosses. Tbh the sprites from 1.4 were kinda meh and they needed a little revamp. Here's a compilation of all new entity textures for 1.5, some of which you've already seen, some of which are new.
BlockyUpdateContent.png

(all of these are subject to change, especially the humanoid enemies)
Very nice, but we're not done. Lamb's been iterating with player models because we're tired of respriting zombies and other humanoid enemies without an actual base. This is what we've got.
HumanoidShowcase.png
Now, this DOESN'T mean we're already working on the player. This only means all humanoid enemies will follow this template. I know some of these textures may seem weird to you now, but you'll get used to them (I did). If everything goes well, you'll see these textures in 1.5.
Another thing I should make clear is that this model was inspired by Undernity's Minecraft Pack (whose creators are actually working on the player sheet, I believe) so y'know, big props to them. Make sure to try their pack as well.

That's all we have for today. See you next month. Enjoy life. Don't go to war over the mob vote next week. Bye-bye.

Ladies and gentlemen. It is time for yet another monthly announcement!
A lot has happened since our last one, eh? The mob vote... The Terraria update... The Minecraft update release date... Quite a lot.
So you probably have a lot of questions regarding the mob vote mobs and our plans for the new Don't Starve content. And we have answers!

About the three mobs revealed last month, we do want to add them into the pack. We don't know how yet, but it's in our interest to add them.

Now, for the 1.4.3 content... Believe me when I say we have plans for it...

thing.png

Of course, whatever this thing is will look much better upon release than what we have now

Now, Lamb's been working on something VERY cool. As you all know, last month we settled on a definitive humanoid template. And now we have a definitive animation!
whatthepigdoing.gif

what the pig doin
You're probably wondering... Why? Why bother making such a cool animation when we can just go with the regular, boring one? There are several reasons (actually only two):
  • It's cool.​
  • The character has that little bounce animation, which would normally not matter, but for some reason, some equipable items' sheets are coded, which means if we were to remove that animation, those items would look scuffed and weird. So yeah, we decided to keep the bounce, not only for the character but for all humanoid entities cause why not.​
Alright, what else... Oh yeah, a new icon.
icondiscord.png

Now with an accurate perspective
I ran out of cool introductions. I'll just show you more stuff.
BlockyUpdateContent.png

We resprited Herobrine, King Slime, some zombies, and all slimes and eyes
(we only put finished products in this compilation, which is why the piglins are not updated)

crimson1.png

this crimson squid (left is new)

crimson2.png

Art by Lamb of our new Face Monster (does it remind you of some spooky Minecraft character?)

humanoid1.png
humanoid2.png

More humanoid dudes and other stuff

Yes, Lamb does most stuff. When I've graduated HS I'll continue adding blocks which are supposed to be the main thing of this update.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important announcement. We'll release a new snapshot during the holidays with some new epic content! After months of not releasing anything.
That's all. Bye. :)

Is there any way you could make an updated version that works with 1.3.5? I want to use this along with a mod that adds Minecraft Creepers but the newer one won't work with tmod and the older one is missing a lot.

Is there any way you could make an updated version that works with 1.3.5? I want to use this along with a mod that adds Minecraft Creepers but the newer one won't work with tmod and the older one is missing a lot.
There's definitely no plans to backport to 1.3.5, that would mean to look out for a lot of stuff to ensure is compatible with dimension changes on sprites.

There's definitely no plans to backport to 1.3.5, that would mean to look out for a lot of stuff to ensure is compatible with dimension changes on sprites.
Aw that's a shame. I guess I'm better off waiting for tmod to update to 1.4 (unless the person earlier in this thread uploads the backport they mentioned but that was back in September so I kinda doubt it) Tbh I didn't start playing until 1.4 (I honestly never played any "survival craft" kinda games before the pandemic but it turns out I really enjoy that kind of gameplay) and something about 1.3.5 kinda feels off anyways.

Back
Top Bottom