NPCs & Enemies Mercenaries

ChaoticGamer

Terrarian
What happen to the mercenaries? All the guys/girls who asked for them being in the game way back during 2010 I think it was... Yea I like the minions not to die, but some NPC doesn't lived on the same floor you know. The bow of nice guid guy is too weak or there could be alternived he keep perment bow power. Not all the npc doesn't have their strong hit power to push them away, but I prefer have towns guards come in. Lets go ask chuckle fish and please no hate-ing on them, lets ask we can borrow some guards data a bit. Oh one more thing, please sperated the guards to be 6 classes. Warrior, Archer, Marksmen/women, bombradiers, mages, and repairmen/women. We already got something mine fast by using OP wide rocket launcher, drill rider, tnt, stick tnt and so. Pretty much the drill is really super fast then rest digging. Anyway back subject. I think the scaling when it comes to like for example regular guards vs event destorying alter will automadic change them to have proper gear if the players find the right ores 1st then scaling to what is common armor now (7 tier will not be on mercenaries (fact, if a player bought 50 marksmen tier 9 vs other bosses then its not really fair fight for the bosses). So there we have it, pretty much I prefer sentry guards will do, you can stock up cannonballs in a box next to the cannons either its repair crews or bombradiers will take care the cannons while shooting, note it have to be easy for them climb or way get up there (like a teleporter).

Bombradiers will have grenades to throw. Bombs break the floor players doesn't like it when the last time the clown came in with his bomb (good gosh it was evoulved forum of creeper form minecraft), they will have stronger explosive, by depending on slot of items they will have that had been discover (by players).

Mechanics is going be hard to put in because, when players want their guards stay in town, they do that part is easy step, the hard part, making them return back their post for example fall off the tower and surived, but no door in front the tower, but only the back. So I am guessing they should have one ninja's gear, gapple back up there, or teleport their outpost stand if they get too far.

I pretty sure I am been waiting for mercenaries be in the game long time. I still wonder terraria is going have it this year (nope and they didn't do it) I am rebrining back one old fourm suggested, and cleaning off the dust and trying rebalance it right.

So if anyone has suggestions or nice comment or a problem please put down your thoughts in this thread.

It would be cool if you could "hire" NPCs that don't necessarily have jobs for other NPCs that would be significantly important.
Or get quests from more NPCs than the Angler.

It would be cool if you could "hire" NPCs that don't necessarily have jobs for other NPCs that would be significantly important.
Or get quests from more NPCs than the Angler.
We had like that, but I don't know why did the developer don't want random NPC being made, its simple really, it just state them in tiers (not random generated characters in armor which the armor get random chose of armor, Its ok NPC get randomly change, not the armor) Its harsh and painful that I thought it was developer first goal on that list they wrote on. Yes I did read old old list and I should of photo shot it.

I think the guy had suggested during that time had whole list into it and hard work addtional as well. I mean for real, he had NPC armor re-decroated, re-creates armors, he had mercenaries leader help you out to get ppl, and he done plans how spawn works. Its truely a shame his idea has not been pass, but got veto (reject, for different idea). About 1k players hit the like on his thread during that time when I check like 20 time on his thread.

Last edited:
The Witch Doctor, Wizard, Cyborg, and Pirate normally doesn't serve much of a purpose for your other NPCs. They could be worthy mercenaries for the player.

Oh I almost forgot someone... The Guide has a lot of use for you but not for his fellow NPCs unless he is also a paid psychologist.

There should be NPCs that are attained via increasing your maximum mana (considering the Nurse's conditions). Someone that can make an early-game summoner possible while acting as a mercenary later?

The Witch Doctor, Wizard, Cyborg, and Pirate normally doesn't serve much of a purpose for your other NPCs. They could be worthy mercenaries for the player.

Oh I almost forgot someone... The Guide has a lot of use for you but not for his fellow NPCs unless he is also a paid psychologist.

There should be NPCs that are attained via increasing your maximum mana (considering the Nurse's conditions). Someone that can make an early-game summoner possible while acting as a mercenary later?
They are only great for sells and cons sometime that I believed in metaphor way.. Anyway lets not get off the subject, keep in mind we want mercenaries in the game, not summoner minons. Differents, its law not flawed having minons following you, we want guards sit by and protect the post while you come back from either event from blood moon or eclips events.

Maybe people aren't saying much because your post isn't formatted that good. Can barely read it, sorry dude.

Maybe people aren't saying much because your post isn't formatted that good. Can barely read it, sorry dude.
Yeah i dont speak other languages jammed in Google Translator.
Oh then you dont' know the old forum who started the idea before it hit 1.1.5 I think it was....It started like this

Mercenaries leader can be name any random name that relate combat name pretty much it was at first. Then the merc cost
Copper warrior: 50 copper coins
Archer: 75 copper coins
Miner: 60 copper coins
these guys were basic tier then it was
Iron Soldier: 10 sliver coins
Gunner: 30 sliver coins
Grenadier: 60 sliver coins
Paladin: 1 gold coin
Healer: 1 gold coin 10 sliver coins
As that the post got bigger then more suggetions threw in
Golden Paladin: 2 Gold coins 30 slivers

pretty much it was basicly depend on armor setting on that stats during that time. now pretty much its gone missing *cough* *cough* if someone brought the grave post it be nice to see it is not deleted. pretty much soldiers that is in tier 1 is in regular heath 100-200hp then it was tier 2 I remember 250-300 hp each soldiers.

I going need suggestions on the rating on newer soldiers or mercs.
Oh right remember I said no negative comment. Try think at lest and figure out what am I trying to say. Grammars not born being perfect, its only people who think their way is perfect.

Oh right remember I said no negative comment. Try think at lest and figure out what am I trying to say. Grammars not born being perfect, its only people who think their way is perfect.
Look mate, there's a good reason we're criticising it. Also, no negative comments means most people aren't going to bother giving you constructive criticism, because generally people who think like this pass it off as negative comments.

That being said, it's a decent idea, although the prices might need to be upped, because it's very easy to get just a few gold coins and then bam, protection for at least half of prehardmode.

Back
Top Bottom