PC MetaKnight's Endgame 1.3 Loadout

But lategame, you lose more DPS by switching away from your main weapon to the Bladetongue, using the Bladetongue, and switching back.

You made a big mistake: you assumed I was talking about late game.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437102088,1437102037][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's not even a joke anymore. It's so negligible it's sad.

Ichor debuff can be argued as being additional damage as well. It must also be sad. :dryadnaughty:

prefixes for accesories in expert? everyone here's talking about dps so I asume that's in normal mode, but the main key in expert mode is not being killed, damage and dps goes is not priority

prefixes for accesories in expert? everyone here's talking about dps so I asume that's in normal mode, but the main key in expert mode is not being killed, damage and dps goes is not priority
At endgame, even in Expert, the Solar Flare armor alone gives you enough defense. Besides, your main defense should be dodging.

Solar armor makes me sad. You lose defense each time you dash. I have gone into the habit of replacing the helmet with a chlorophyte mask for the slight attack bonus.

@Alaron : Beetle Shell might be better offensively, but one can't dismiss the HUGE Defensive gaps for the small offensive gap.

Solar Flare Armor is kinda like the combination of Beetle Shell and Beetle Scale Mail into one package, making it good at both defense AND offense. Using the Beetle Shell will give you more Defense overall, but yet will gimp you in damage output. Using Beetle Scale Mail will give you slightly better offense, but gimp you in Defense.

Using the SFA, however, you end up with a pretty well-rounded suit of armor that's good in both.

On to Accessories...

First off, if you're fighting anything in the air that's actually dangerous (Moon Lord, Pillars, etc), you probably want the Cosmic Car Key so you can get rid of your wings as your wings don't give you much of anything except for a bit faster ascent rate. Unequipping your wings allows you to equip something else far more effective. Here are my usual accessories:

1). Ankh Shield. It just gives too much Defense to not use it.
2). Celestial Shell. It gives huge bonuses, especially at night.
3). Destroyer's Emblem. 'nough said. I don't really recommend Fire Gauntlets, because you're losing out on a bit of damage for a weak fire proc.
4). Master Ninja Gear. The amount of times you poof and evade blows is just ridiculous with this. I've dodged deathrays with this thing, it is just crazy good. It might not increase DPS whatsoever, but the amount of survivability it gives you is plain ridiculous.
5). Charm of Myths. I like my 45s potion cooldown.

or

5). Cross Necklace. Coupled with the MNG, you've got ridiculous survivability.

If you don't want more defense, you could maybe swap one of those for a Fire Gauntlet, maybe. As for using a Worm Scarf.... 17% reduced damage is not all that great in Normal Mode whatsoever because even against deathrays that's only 20-some damage. I'd rather have a chance to dodge the entire attack outright or lengthen my invincibility window, or shave 15s off my potion cooldown instead.

@Alaron : Beetle Shell might be better offensively, but one can't dismiss the HUGE Defensive gaps for the small offensive gap.

Solar Flare Armor is kinda like the combination of Beetle Shell and Beetle Scale Mail into one package, making it good at both defense AND offense. Using the Beetle Shell will give you more Defense overall, but yet will gimp you in damage output. Using Beetle Scale Mail will give you slightly better offense, but gimp you in Defense.

Using the SFA, however, you end up with a pretty well-rounded suit of armor that's good in both.

I never claimed that Solar Flare Armor was not more well-rounded. The Beetle Scale Mail also is noticeably better at max Beetle Might, not slightly better (I assume max Beetle Might because if you can't get it then both armors are overkill anyway). You get +22% more damage and +27% more melee speed, although you have 9% less critical chance.
Both are viable, but as I mentioned before, I'm a DPS kind of guy. I never had any problems on the Defense end, no do I find the Solar Flare Armor's set bonus useful (the dash is actually really annoying to me), so I choose Beetle Scale Mail over Solar Flare.

5). Charm of Myths. I like my 45s potion cooldown.

So you know, the overall healing from Celestial Stone is actually superior to that from Charm of Myths, assuming potions are being used as frequently as possible (and no healing is wasted).

@Alaron :

So you know, the overall healing from Celestial Stone is actually superior to that from Charm of Myths, assuming potions are being used as frequently as possible (and no healing is wasted).

That's why I use BOTH a Celestial SHELL (Why use the Stone when the Shell exists and is better?) and a Charm of Myths.

You get the +2 HP Regen from the Shell and the 0.5 + -15s cooldown altogether (+3 HP Regen total while at night). But I only do this if I can unequip my wings (boss fights in the air with the Cosmic Car Key).

@Alaron :
That's why I use BOTH a Celestial SHELL (Why use the Stone when the Shell exists and is better?) and a Charm of Myths.

Because you don't like the Werewolf and Merfolk transformations overriding your vanity.`:(
Or, just use the Celestial Shell and the Celestial Stone, because they stack.

Because you don't like the Werewolf and Merfolk transformations overriding your vanity.`:(
Or, just use the Celestial Shell and the Celestial Stone, because they stack.

The stacking thing, I just read that on wiki... IMO, stuff should not stack with components to make stuff.

IE, Charm of Myths should not stack with a Band of Regeneration, Celestial Shell should not stack with Celestial Stone, etc. That just starts getting overpowered lol.

I made a thread about this for 1.2.4, but 1.2.4 loadouts aren't viable for endgame anymore. So here we go.

Armor:
The only choice is Solar Flare armor, great defensive and offensive capabilities, better than any pre-1.3 armors. The set bonus is great, you can dash into enemies or use the shield for defense.

Accessories:
You have some choices here, but these accessories are the best for melee imo.
1. Ankh Shield- This is a great accessory, +4 defense, no knockback, and debuff resistances. I think this is an absolute must for anyone.
2. Warrior Emblem- +15% melee damage, very solid accessory.
3. Celestial Shell- Increased stats day and night, and Werewolf transformation. The Merfolk transformation is also useful.
4. Yoyo Bag or Avenger Emblem- Use the Yoyo Bag if you're going to use the Terrarian, if not use the Avenger Emblem.
5. Celestial Stone or Destroyer Emblem- I thought about putting the Destroyer Emblem here, but the Celestial Stone gives +10% dmg, like the Emblem, but also gives more stat boosts. If you want a higher crit chance, you could put the Destroyer Emblem here, but I'd go with the Stone.
6. If you're in Expert mode, then you can put the Avenger Emblem here if you used the Yoyo bag. If not put the Celestial Stone or Destroyer Emblem here, whichever one you didn't use.
Keep good Wings on you, just in case you're navigating through tight spaces. When you need wings swap them with either the Celestial Stone or Destroyer Emblem, if you're in Expert and using both then the Emblem.

For the modifier, you have 2 choices, Violent or Menacing. ONLY use Violent if you're not using the Terrarian, because Violent doesn't give the Terrarian any boosts. If you're not using the Terrarian, then you can choose from Menacing or Violent.

Weapons:
1. Legendary Star Wrath- This or the Meowmere will be your main weapon. This is used for places with open ceilings. This weapon can rack up MASSIVE DPS in the right conditions.
2. Legendary Meowmere- This sword has the highest base damage for a melee weapon in the game, correct me if I'm wrong. Works excellent in enclosed spaces like the Dungeon because of the bouncing projectiles.
3. Godly The Terrarian- Paired with the Yoyo bag, this weapon can have higher DPS than the Meowmere. Similarly to the Flairon, it shoots out homing projectiles. It's basically Flairon 2.0.
4. (OPTIONAL) Godly Vampire Knives- Use these when you have healing sickness to heal.
5. Godly Daybreak- Rekts anything pre- Moon tier.
6. Godly Solar Eruption- Overall just a great weapon.

There you have it, my guide to being OP.
Nice loadout! :)

Don't say that too loud, Xylia. That means people won't be able to use things like the Destroyer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, any of the Emblem components, the Fire Gauntlet, the Sniper Scope, or the Celestial Magnet in the same build. That would be really frustrating.

Don't say that too loud, Xylia. That means people won't be able to use things like the Destroyer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, any of the Emblem components, the Fire Gauntlet, the Sniper Scope, or the Celestial Magnet in the same build. That would be really frustrating.

Might be frustrating, but yet sometimes the ridiculous stacking gets plainly too overpowered. I mean, they nerf things like standing on spikes but yet you can have a Celestial Stone + Celestial Shell + Avenger's Emblem + Melee Emblem all active at the same time and that's somehow not overpowered, lol....

Back
Top Bottom