Weapons & Equip Metal Detector Changes

Dimondman32

Terrarian
Hello, I would like to suggest that the metal detector would be change to the following specifications.
Have the metal detector icon be the item it is detecting. (the icon that is located under the map/hp bar)
And have the icon become more opaque the closer you are to said detected item.
Thanks for viewing this thread!

Have the metal detector icon be the item it is detecting. (the icon that is located under the map/hp bar)
It's probably gonna take them quite a few respriting and extra lines of code for this. It'd look nice, but not really by much considering how small it is.

And have the icon become more opaque the closer you are to said detected item.
Might be worth it. But on the whole, I think the change would fit better for the life form analyzer. Things detected by the metal detector do not move, as they are tied to the world. Locating the item is just a matter of doing a grid search, which shouldn't take that long.

It's probably gonna take them quite a few respriting and extra lines of code for this. It'd look nice, but not really by much considering how small it is.

Might be worth it. But on the whole, I think the change would fit better for the life form analyzer. Things detected by the metal detector do not move, as they are tied to the world. Locating the item is just a matter of doing a grid search, which shouldn't take that long.
Do you know the rang of it by chance? And they make minor changes like this all the time.

And they make minor changes like this all the time.
Bug fixes, sure, cause that's paramount to a smooth game. Minor stats change for balance, of course, which just takes changing numbers(and possibly coding new A.I). Both important. But this? That would depend on whether or not they see this item as something needing a change to your description.

Do you know the rang of it by chance?
I estimate around 75~ blocks, but I never bothered to actually check.

To clarify, I'm not against it, but just putting down some thoughts as to why such a change probably won't happen. Well... more than 90% of the suggestions here don't make the cut either, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom