Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

MolochMekkane

The Destroyer
Didn't see one here, so I figured why not.

Story time. I first became aware of Metal Gear Solid Rising when... well, when it was still called that obviously. I dismissed it immediately because I at the time hated Raiden with a passion. It was a very long time and I was completely ignoring it to the point I knew nothing about it at all, not even the fact that the name and story had changed. Went on like that for over a year, until a few months ago when I noticed the Soundtrack before anything else, and started to like it. After a long time I started to actually look at the game and the fact that it was nothing like the really old Metal Gear Solid Rising that I thought it still was.

I began to actually look at how the game was played and found it was the kind of game I'd been waiting for for a long time. Before any more of it I decided to go back to Metal Gear Solid 2: Guns of The Patriots and actually look at it, and found that there had never been a reason for me to hate it or Raiden other than 'he's not Snake.'

Shedding that dumb excuse aside after so many years, I went ahead and got the demo. Loved it, so much I really wanted to see what was right past Blade Wolf.

A few days later, I got the Ultimate version, the one that comes with everything. And while I was happy, that was an absolute horror show. It took 7 hours and 15 minutes just for it to download, and then longer to actually install and update. When that mess was finally over, I finally started playing.

I believe it was immediate gratification, really. I wish more games were like this, just about being awesome and every boss having a lyrical theme to fit them. It was a joyride from start to finish. Except well, I'm not done yet. That first playthrough was 4 hours and 30 minutes, and I've now spent over 20 hours on it. I'm gonna go for everything there is to unlock, and then probably go for Very Hard and Revengeance after that.

Of course, I also want to hear the experience of others of this... experience.

tl;dr : RULES OF NATURE!!

I just watched Chip Cheezum's LP since at the time, it was PS3/Xbox(neither of which I have) only, and even now, I don't think my laptop is good enough to run it. Plus my hard drive is full enough.

It was still pretty awesome, though.

Also, I've had A Stranger I Remain stuck in my head the past few days and I had finally got it out and now this got it stuck back in there. Dang it.

Back
Top Bottom