Biomes & Nature Meteor Revival: Making Meteorites a Legitimate Biome

Is the pet summoning item still dropped in Hardmode, even when Meteor Heads don't drop anything else? I'd prefer to be able to get it on my own time.
If Meteorite became its own biome, there would no longer be the issue of using Meteor Heads to grind Key Molds, so yes, you would be able to obtain all drops from Meteorite enemies without any issue.

After being largely inactive for several long months and finally pushing myself back into the forum community, I've been going back and looking at places in my suggestion lists that I still want to see in the game, and how I can push them to be even better.

This particular piece here is the most popular biome suggestion that I've done... exceeding even the massive Alternate Underworld suggestion I made a while back. It would seem like I'm no the only one who would like to see Meteorites polished, and the reception of this thread went far beyond what I had expected it to, but even so, I feel like there is more to be done.

TL;DR

I am going to be working on improving the quality of this (and other) suggestions while I explore the latest updates, but for now, I'll leave you with this little teaser:

Meteor Core.png

What is it? A material? An accessory? I guess you'll find out...!

After being largely inactive for several long months and finally pushing myself back into the forum community, I've been going back and looking at places in my suggestion lists that I still want to see in the game, and how I can push them to be even better.

This particular piece here is the most popular biome suggestion that I've done... exceeding even the massive Alternate Underworld suggestion I made a while back. It would seem like I'm no the only one who would like to see Meteorites polished, and the reception of this thread went far beyond what I had expected it to, but even so, I feel like there is more to be done.

TL;DR

I am going to be working on improving the quality of this (and other) suggestions while I explore the latest updates, but for now, I'll leave you with this little teaser:

View attachment 141702

What is it? A material? An accessory? I guess you'll find out...!
Hmm my main recommendations for this would be to not have any irreversible block conversion(at least the clay aspect) Additionally there is the lack of hardmode attention to meteor biomes specifically the current situation where they have been made dropless to prevent casual AFK farming. I suspect a sufficiently strong enough enemy set for hardmode would make that idea moot allowing them to still drop stuff(normal drops not general loot pool drops it makes perfect sense for them to be excluded from those) so I don't have to go to another world

Big updates have been made to the main post!

Along with giving the thread a visual facelift and changing around some of the organization, I've dumped loads of new content into the suggestion to give Meteorites a more compelling reason to be visited and kept around for longer than it takes to blast if off the face of the planet.

New accessories have been added to the Meteorite's array of loot and equipment!

Two Hardmode Meteorite enemies have been added as well!

Other changes include Meteorite dropping from Meteorite enemies so that it can be collected without mining the Meteorite itself, sprites for the Ferrous Rock, renaming Ionwood and Ionsand to Ironwood and Ironsand, and some drop rate tweaking.

Changes to come will include unique drops for the Hardmode enemies... for now they are just a way of making the Meteorite appropriately more difficult after defeating the Wall of Flesh.

@Dragrath - Concerning the problem of irreversible biome conversion, I've lowered the conversion of Clay into Dirt to the very minimal it could possibly be: A tile of Clay will only be turned into Dirt if that tile is impeding the growth of Ionized Grass. Hence, only a one-tile-thick strip of surface Clay that is exposed to air would be turned into Dirt. This means that a vast majority of Clay near the crash site will be untouched, and the biome can still creep across the surface to its full size if allowed without getting stunted by a Clay deposit. Hopefully this is a fair compromise. :)

Last edited:
@Dragrath - Concerning the problem of irreversible biome conversion, I've lowered the conversion of Clay into Dirt to the very minimal it could possibly be: A tile of Clay will only be turned into Dirt it that tile is impeding the growth of Ionized Grass. Hence, only a one-tile-thick strip of surface Clay that is exposed to air would be turned into Dirt. This means that a vast majority of Clay near the crash site will be untouched, and the biome can still creep across the surface to its full size if allowed without getting stunted by a Clay deposit. Hopefully this is a fair compromise. :)
That works though alternatively ionized grass could be made able to grow on clay and other deposits considering its alien origin it seems fair to let it grow on anything you want even stone/clay/mud/any soil

That said I love the new enemies and if the horseshoe balloon is added their better be a future all balloon tinker because the bundle of balloons rightfully deserves to contain every balloon because OCD.:p

I could see this getting a few hardmode weapons/gear outside of the awesome existing meteor staff and the likes. as it kinda suffers the same situation as the underground desert with cool enemies but not much to farm them with.
The phase blade for instance is fairly lame in 1.3 with the mythril/orichalcum anvil requirement so maybe it could get a revamp? (maybe a new meteor biome related drop would be required for the upgraded meteor gear?)

Just wild speculations considering its your suggestion and not mine take what you will

Last edited:
50 seems a bit too much. 20 maybe.
Remember that a player is 2 blocks wide. 20 blocks is 10 players put together.

upload_2017-2-23_16-17-47.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-47.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-48.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-49.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-50.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-50.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-51.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-52.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-53.png
upload_2017-2-23_16-17-54.png

Pretty much that

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-23_16-16-2.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_16-16-2.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 126
  • upload_2017-2-23_16-16-3.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_16-16-3.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 139
  • upload_2017-2-23_16-16-3.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_16-16-3.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 119
  • upload_2017-2-23_16-16-4.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_16-16-4.jpeg
    8.8 KB · Views: 125
  • upload_2017-2-23_16-16-56.jpeg
    upload_2017-2-23_16-16-56.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 148
So now there are 3 spreading biomes? No offense, but I say nay to your idea.

So basically creating a controlled variant of coruption that spreads much less easily. I normally say no to anything having to do with the Infection biomes, but this is really cool.

What is with people and the hate on infectious biomes?!

They're relatively easy to contain, and they spice up the visuals, and provide more monsters. I fail to see a downside...

Would this meteor biome also expand underground? Does it only spread on the surface or does it spread in a circle of radius 50?

Back
Top Bottom