Items Meteor Summoning Item

First proposal
Summons a meteor. The previous mechanic for spawning is removed from the game.
5 demonite/crimtane bars
5 fallen stars
At a demon/crimson altar
And why not
Summons the martian madness. The previous method remains in the game as well.
Otherwordly attractor
3 beetle husks
At a lihzard altar
After defeating the EoC the guide will mention the Otherwordly Attractor

Last edited:
Meteors spawn randomly because most first-time players are too stupid and inattentive to realize there's a summoning item. The first rule of game design is always assuming the worst.

You've got support from me. Though, uh, I dunno about completely removing the previous method of spawning meteors; I think both methods of spawning them should be available. You know, for the people who don't really care too much about the Guide.
I also feel like both summons should use a little more for their crafting recipes, though. Especially the Otherworldly Summoner (which you typed "Otherwordly" on the Spoiler, by the way), seeing you get some pretty nice items from Martian Madness.
...most first-time players are too stupid and inattentive to realize there's a summoning item.
The IQ of the player isn't the problem here; it's the lack of indication of the thing existing.
Why so disdainful?

You've got support from me. Though, uh, I dunno about completely removing the previous method of spawning meteors; I think both methods of spawning them should be available. You know, for the people who don't really care too much about the Guide.

The point of the thread was pretty much to remove the old spawn, as it crashes down and ruins your lovely terrain (voice deepens and slows) FOREVER
(which you typed "Otherwordly" on the Spoiler, by the way),

My bad, fixed it.

Reactions: Bry
The point of the thread was pretty much to remove the old spawn, as it crashes down and ruins your lovely terrain (voice deepens and slows) FOREVER
Oh, so the meteor spawns where you are?
Well I guess you better skedaddle when you use it, then.

I also feel like both summons should use a little more for their crafting recipes, though. Especially the Otherworldly Summoner (which you typed "Otherwordly" on the Spoiler, by the way), seeing you get some pretty nice items from Martian Madness.

The IQ of the player isn't the problem here; it's the lack of indication of the thing existing.
Why so disdainful?
I'm not being disdainful at all. I'm being realistic. It's not about IQ either; some (a lot of) people are just inattentive.

Reactions: Bry
o a.png
o a 2.gif
Inventory and attracting sprites for the Otherworldly Attractor. The yellow is from the Fallen Stars. I edited the attracting sprite:
o a.gif
(The attractor creates an energy ball, absorbs the power, shoots a Fallen Star beam, then blasts the ball away to get the meteor. It spawns a meteor far from the player. The energy ball grows a grabbing claw and the beam and ball keep going until it's not on anyone's screen.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a meteor summoning item. Or some way to get meteorite more easily, particularly if you want it for building. However there is griefing potential since meteorites are destructive.

I like the idea of a meteor summoning item. Or some way to get meteorite more easily, particularly if you want it for building. However there is griefing potential since meteorites are destructive.
Griefing is a worrying concept, yeah. Here are 2 additions to prevent that
1. Can only be used once per in game day
2. Announces who used it (for example "Sigma90 summoned a meteor! A meteor has landed!)

You could still get in 1 grief, but you'd be much better off with just a pickaxe at that point.

Griefing is a worrying concept, yeah. Here are 2 additions to prevent that
1. Can only be used once per in game day
2. Announces who used it (for example "Sigma90 summoned a meteor! A meteor has landed!)

You could still get in 1 grief, but you'd be much better off with just a pickaxe at that point.
Keep in mind, meteorites can't land on npc's or chests, so if you have at least one of those on your base, it's pretty much meteor-grief proof. They also can't land near a player, so it probably couldn't land at the spot it was used.

Maybe, you would place it at a location, and the meteor would land once all requirements were meet on that location.

Either way, I really like this idea. Though the recipe for the Otherworldly Summoner could be tweaked...

There could be a meteor head sprite falling with the Fallen Star movement and when it lands, it explodes and does a small amount of damage to blocks and players around it, and replaces the destroyed blocks with Meteorite. It could give you 10 seconds to move away from it before it lands. It can't spawn on player-placed blocks, to prevent destroying other people's stuff. Blocks Purified, Hallowed, Corrupted, or Crimtaned count as player-placed.

Back
Top Bottom