Weapons & Equip Meteorite Armor Balancing [ 1.4 ]

Random Fellow

Skeletron
Ok, upon many other great balancing changes. Meteorite Armor and Tools we're balanced in 1.4, which is great, honestly a fantastic addition. But I can't help but feel like it could have been balanced better. Incase if you don't Meteorite Bar can only be obtained untill you have a Crimtane or Demonite Tools. (They might have changed how they also spawn I don't know doesn't matter if you can't break it yet) Anything like Bombs or Dynamite won't work untill the Brain of Cthulu or Eater of Worlds.

BUT, it feels off, because now you can't outsmart the game by getting Meteorite Bar early on. That's fine, there is still alot to do in the game. But what I always had in mind was changing the set bonus. Before that let's focus on the mining condition, make it so have to beat the boss is fine, but maybe just make it so you have to get a strong pickaxe, Gold, platinum, you can tie it to being the Eye of Cthulu that's fine and would balance it out a bit, having to top your first major challenge.

Ok, so maybe make it Magic as a whole, instead of the Epace gun. Like a speed boost for Magic Attacks, but dropping Mana stars less often.

Here are some of the Armor defences you would use or obtain at that state of progression and after. (Also Alter Gold Defense in relation to Tungesten. Maybe differ set bonuses in form of extra range or Damage.)

Gold Armor 16 (Platinum 16+4=20)
13 defense, set bonus adds +3 defense

Silver Armor 13 (Silver 12+3=15)
10 Defense, set bonus adds +3 defense

Shadow Armor 19
+21% Melee Speed (Speed of Sword swings etc.)
+15% Movement Speed

Crimtane 19
+6% Damage of any kind
Increased Life Regen

Meteor Armor 16

So, we could do something around 15%-20% increased Magic Damage, Magic Speed, or 15%-20% slower Mana decrease.
This is to make sure the Meteor Armor, while a little weaker, can make Magic users want to make the different types of Early Game wands and such. Magic Armor will lack the increased mobility speed, or life regeneration, but in return gives the player better Magic. Which is very usefull throughout the early game. But it also has dectease defence, so the Shadow Armor lacks the Mana cost decrease, or Magic support. But in return, has higher speed and defense. Crimtane Armor, is the same but with Life regeneration and both need to have a boss killed.

Not only does this new set bonus land in the middle of these armor defenses. But also supports the player making Magic weapons early on, which some people would get turned off early on with Mana stars needing to be collected. Aswell as rewarding players with experience, so they are able to outsmart the game and get an upper hand on the lack of mana or rare staffs.

What do you think? Does this work out? And, what do you have in mind? Comment because you can.

Also, one more word for Relogic, Murumasa.

Couple things.

Meteorite bars can be obtained in chests in Hell. You don't necessarily have to beat BoC/EoW first. You can get these before that.

Second, and I haven't spent the time to truly figure this out, but many magic gear pieces can be combined outside of their assumed matching pieces to give you set bonuses. I usually end up using at least the legs paired with some other things to give a more complete mage suit.

Your idea is nice though but I do enjoy the 0% magic cost for the gun. Sometimes it's fun just to shoot the Space Gun over and over and over again. PEW PEW PEW PEW! At that stage in the game though there is a seriously lack of magic dmg bonus modifiers from armor, as far as set bonuses go.

Meteorite bars can be obtained in chests in Hell. You don't necessarily have to beat BoC/EoW first. You can get these before that.
Just chiming in to say that they are in Shadow Chests, which requires a Shadow Key found in the Dungeon. So you don't have to beat EoW/BoC but you do need to have Skeletron dead and I think killing Skeletron is a much harder task than the other 2.

Couple things.

Second, and I haven't spent the time to truly figure this out, but many magic gear pieces can be combined outside of their assumed matching pieces to give you set bonuses. I usually end up using at least the legs paired with some other things to give a more complete mage suit.

Your idea is nice though but I do enjoy the 0% magic cost for the gun. Sometimes it's fun just to shoot the Space Gun over and over and over again. PEW PEW PEW PEW! At that stage in the game though there is a seriously lack of magic dmg bonus modifiers from armor, as far as set bonuses go.
The new update also added some more space guns like the NES Zapper. Which is extremely random and convoluted with many functions. Being both unreliable, and maybe overpowered. Not to mention Hardmode adds a variant with 100 damage, such damage on a ranged weapon isn't normally achieved untill late stages of the game.

Back
Top Bottom