Items Meteorite Blaster; a New Post-Mech Weapon

What do you like/not like about this post?

• I like the debuff to the Star Cannon.

• I do not like the debuff.

• I like the Meteorite Blaster.

• I do not like the Meteorite Blaster.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TBNRWolf

Terrarian
So, I was thinking about how cool the Star Cannon is a really cool (and slightly OP) weapon, and I thought of a hardmode alt and also a nerf to this really good gun.

So, in order to make the Star Cannon a less OP weapon, I want to change at least 2 of these 3 things.
1: Decrease the attack speed to 12 instead of 11.
2: Add Illegal Gun Parts to the crafting recipe.
3: Decrease the damage to 52.

Insert cool sprite here:
Use time: Very Fast(10-12)
Damage: 65-75
Crit. Chance: 4%
Ammo: Meteorite Ore
The ammo pierces 2-6 targets (up for debate) and then explodes, dealing 60 damage.
Crafting: Star Cannon, Illegal Gun Parts, 20 Souls of light, and 5 Infused Meteorite.
Infused Meteorite would be a new material crafted from a 1 Meteorite Bar, 1 soul of Might, soul of Sight, and soul of Fright. 10 Infused Meteorite and 20 souls of flight would make a space jetpack, an upgrade to the already existing Jetpack.

Inspiration for crafting recipe: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/weapon-accessory-ideas.29005/

Last edited:
My issue is that the star cannon is nerfed by its ammo; stars. I don't know about you but getting enough stars takes a collosal amount of time! Additionally unless your breaking shadow orbs meteorites are fairly rare and the fact that you use the bars as ammo isn't that good as ammo in Terraria is generally designed to be cheap and justifiably disposable; bars can be sold or are used i believe in the DCU. Also an upgrade should include what it's upgrading in the recipe. Just my 20c.

My issue is that the star cannon is nerfed by its ammo; stars. I don't know about you but getting enough stars takes a collosal amount of time! Additionally unless your breaking shadow orbs meteorites are fairly rare and the fact that you use the bars as ammo isn't that good as ammo in Terraria is generally designed to be cheap and justifiably disposable; bars can be sold or are used i believe in the DCU. Also an upgrade should include what it's upgrading in the recipe. Just my 20c.
Changed ammo to Meteorite Ore and Star Cannon was already in the recipe. Also made the Star Cannon slightly more powerful.

Infused Meteorite would be a new material crafted from a Jetpack, 1 Meteorite Bar, 1 soul of Might, soul of Sight, and soul of Fright. 10 Infused Meteorite and 20 souls of flight would make a space jetpack, an upgrade to the already existing Jetpack.
So, you need 10 jetpacks to make a space jetpack, and 5 more jetpacks to make a meteor blaster?! that's crazy expensive

Back
Top Bottom