Meteors and Mechanical Bosses?

What is the easiest boss to take down?

• Total voters

InkyBendy

Terrarian
I'd like to address two things about Meteors:
They are a pain to clean up. And I hate it. Is there any faster way to clean it up besides the pickaxe, or bombs?
Also, I like to clear away the meteorite so there is no meteor heads, but then it causes more to land. What effect will happen to the world a large number of them land, like 100?
Now about the Mechanical Bosses: They are way too hard. ;(
And I have Titanium Armor, Amaroak, Frostband, Daedalus Stormbow, Greater healing potions, Moon Charm, Ankh Shield, Harpy Wings, Frostspark boots, and Shield of Cthulhu.
I really don't know which one to take down first.
I want to list out my problems with each of them:

The Destroyer: The body, fine. I can deal with it. A bit too much health for my liking, butt acceptable.
The only problem is those stupid probes. There are way too many of them. I have the pirate minion, and that is all I have... he just is stupid. So it ends up being that he targets the worm... and releasing more probes, which doesn't help me. In under a minute I am under attack by probes, and I can't box myself in and regenerate, because they fly through and start shooting lasers again! :mad: Meanwhile my minion keeps attacking the worm... and you get the point.

The Twins: I actually find these easier, and I have been able to take down Retinazer, but I have trouble with Spazmatism in the second phase. It's the cursed flames that are spewed... it's too much! I am terrible at dodging stuff, as I have slow reactions.

Skeletron Prime: Just everything. :eek: 4 limbs, each of which are insane, and he goes into Rage Mode every 15 seconds! It makes it impossible!

I haven't killed ANY hardmode boss yet, and I am severely stuck. I also want to get a move on, as already 25% of my world is corrupt. Help will be really appreciated. :pinky:

Are you using a proper arena and buffs? If not, get a Heart Lantern, a Campfire, some Sunflowers, a Bewitching Table (either from the Dungeon or bought from the Witch Doctor) and make some buff potions. These are the most useful: Swiftness, Regeneration, Ironskin, Endurance and Lifeforce. Depending on whether your world has Corruption or Crimson you should get either Wrath Potions or Rage and Heartreach Potions. For your Daedalus Stormbow you should also get an Archery Potion.
I also recommend you use Holy Arrows, those are very effective against basically anything, especially the Destroyer. Also, you might want to temporarily switch out either your wings or your boots, as the Shield of Cthulhu should allow you to dodge enough. I'd say put in one of these: Charm of Myths or Cross Necklace/Star Veil for more survivability or either Magic Quiver or Ranger Emblem for more damage.

Regarding the Meteorite, the wiki says this:
A Meteorite crash site has a 50% chance of spawning after a Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart is smashed. This generally happens at the next midnight, but can happen immediately if the Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart is broken between midnight and dawn (12:00am - 4:30am).

Additionally, each night has a 2% chance that a Meteorite will fall, if at least one Shadow Orb or Crimson Heart has already been smashed in the World.

Once the conditions are met, multiple Meteorites will land in a World over time. However, none will fall if there are already a certain number of Meteorite blocks above 0 depth. The limits are:

• Small worlds: 401
  • Medium worlds: 610/611
  • Large worlds: 801
The above limits mean that leaving one (small worlds) or two meteorite strikes unmined will effectively protect the world from further strikes.

There are also constraints on where meteors can strike:

• 16% of the world centered on your spawn point is protected from falling meteors.
  • Meteorites will not land within 35 tiles of a NPC or a chest.
  • Meteorites will not fall onscreen for any player.
  • They cannot fall within 50 blocks of the edge of the world or 50 blocks from the top of the world.
  • If the entire world is covered by these conditions (i.e., lots of chests), no meteorite will fall.
In searching for a valid location the game will search a 30x30 block region and look for 600 solid blocks. Sunplate and Cloud blocks count as -100 solid blocks; thus, floating islands are not likely to encounter a meteorite. Liquid decrements the count too, so meteorites are less likely in the jungle or ocean. Thin structures such as sky bridges are not dense enough to allow a meteor impact (this is a change from older versions where meteorites could impact 1-width sky bridges).

To stop meteors from falling, you need to leave a meteor in your world. The game checks to see how many meteorite blocks are in the world before it will allow a meteor to fall.
upload_2019-4-3_15-50-7.png

Destroyer: Kill the probes! Don't try to box yourself in. You are only restricting your own movement that way. If you don't like your minion attacking the worm, de-summon it and focus on killing the Probes when they spawn. The Destroyer is large enough so that you don't need to aim at it specifically; just try to aim it at the Probes. Stay in the sky, move and dash constantly, and don't let the Destroyer encircle you. In fact, don't even let it get close to you. Further you can stay away from the ground, the better.

I'm not that good at dodging, but with the Daedalus Stormbow I was able to kill it pretty comfortably even with Hellfire Arrows, sitting around 90 health at the end. Switched to Holy Arrows and it was rather one-sided. Loadout btw.
upload_2019-4-3_16-43-10.png

Forgot the spectre boots and I also forgot to use buffs, but i guess that makes up for having 500 health. my actual health at the end was 190.

Twins: Try to position yourself so Spazmatism will charge straight up or down at you; it will allow you to dodge him with a quick Shield dash. If possible, dodge him closer to the start of his charge, so it might carry him further away and give you more time to escape the flamethrower. iirc he dashes a set number of times between each flamethrower, so that information might help you. Make sure you have plenty of flat ground to run on.

Skeletron Prime: Raging spinny mode is actually the least threatening (most predictable) mode. You say that you are terrible at dodging stuff, but you should at least be able to dodge that. Aside from that, the saw and vice are probably the most threatening, so you can work on destroying those first if you want a slow, methodical victory.

Gear tips: looks good to me! I hope you have Spectre Boots and just forgot to mention them. Onyx Blaster with Crystal Bullets is a good DPS alternative to the Stormbow. After the Destroyer you can swap to the Megashark if you want.

Last edited:
Gear tips: looks good to me! I hope you have Spectre Boots and just forgot to mention them. Onyx Blaster with Crystal Bullets is a good DPS alternative to the Stormbow. After the Destroyer you can swap to the Megashark if you want.
I have Frost-spark boots...

The trick is to keep moving and dodging the attacks. Make sure you have good buffs, Ironskin, Regeneration, Swiftness, Endurance ect... and place plenty of campfires, sunflowers and Heart lanterns around the arena. If you have a heart statue wire it up to a timer, so it constantly spawns hearts that you can collect when you need

For the Destroyer create a platform high above the ground so it is below you most of the time, and keep shooting it with your preferred weapon, and make sure to use a ranged weapon to kill the probes, as they drop hearts which can help you survive the fight. Make sure you kill the probes before too many spawn, they should be a priority, just keep moving around and they shouldn't be able to hit you. I recommended the Onyx blaster for the probes as it can kill them in 1-2 hits.

Once you defeat the Destroyer, get the Megashark with crystal bullets for the Twins and the Skeletron prime. Make sure you have a big arena so you can move around freely. After defeating the Destroyer you should get the Steampunker, who sells the Blend_O-Matic, which allows you to make asphalt blocks. When walking on these blocks your speed is doubled, allowing you to out run bosses and have a much easier time dodging their attacks.

For the Twins focus all damage on the Spazmatism first, in it's first phase it is better to move vertically, just fly straight up with a pair of wings while shooting it, then fall back down and repeat, you should avoid most attacks. In its second phase start moving horizontally, along an asphalt bridge and don't stop shooting, if you need to turn around fly over the boss when it's using its cursed-flamethrower. Once the Spazmatism is dead focus on the Retinazer, in it's first phase horizontal movement is preferred, and as long as you keep moving you will avoid most of its lasers. Once it gets into it second phase move left and right when it's above you and up and down when it's beside you, and it should be no problem.

For the Prime keeping your distance is a must. It's better to stand on platforms so the cannon cannot damage you, and try circling around it while dodging the saw and vice. Just keep shooting your megashark with crystal bullets towards it, a lot of them will hit the arms and will eventually kill them, making the rest of the fight easier. If you want you can kill the arms one by one, however this can be time consuming unless you use a multi-shot gun, like the good old Onyx blaster, as it will not only damage the arm but any bullets that miss can hit other parts of the boss.

Thanks! Is there any weapons that are especially powerful besides the storm-bow on them? I end up taking damage quickly and then I am running trying to avoid dying until I can consume another potion... I have a blessed apple!

I use the Onyx Blaster, crafted from 1 Shotgun, 2 Dark shards and 10 souls of night. Shoots a powerful explosive shot that deals high damage along with 4 bullets. A titanium repeater with hellfire arrows is another good weapon.

Hellfire arrows - I have a stack of those sitting around somewhere... Titanium repeater I do have, I just made it. Would it help to kill a few more biome mimics for better gear?

You said that you have a Daedalus Stormbow. That is literally the best possible weapon to use against the Destroyer. You also said that you're wearing Titanium Armor; again, that is literally the best armor set you can obtain before killing a mechanical boss. Use the Daedalus Stormbow, and craft some Holy Arrows for it. 30 second boss fight.

Okay. Should I use a different piece of headgear? I use the mask for the defense, which is the melee bonus, but I've heard that at this point, melee falls out of range for bosses.

Try and get a cross necklace and the star cloak from regular mimics, and you can combine them both to make the star veil, increasing invincibility time and making stars fall when you take damage. And you could also use the Philosopher's Stone to reduced potion sickness to 45 seconds, both can be helpful.
[doublepost=1554405057,1554404990][/doublepost]
Okay. Should I use a different piece of headgear? I use the mask for the defense, which is the melee bonus, but I've heard that at this point, melee falls out of range for bosses.
Used the ranged headgear as it will increase the dam,age of the bow, and to make up for the lost defence try reforging some accessorises to warding, I'd say get 3 of them to warding for +12 defence.

Got the Necklace and cloak, and the stone. Is it helpful to build a sky bridge? Or should I just flatten the terrain?

The absolute last thing you want to happen is for the Destroyer to circle above you and trap you inside, so build a platform skybridge. You want it to be quite high.

Okay. I've heard that Retinazer is slower than Spazmatism, so when going fast, Retinazer despawns, leaving only Spazmatism. Will I still get the drops if I kill the only remaining twin?

The problem with the stormbow for the destroyer is that it doesn't really hit the probes.

Okay. I've heard that Retinazer is slower than Spazmatism, so when going fast, Retinazer despawns, leaving only Spazmatism. Will I still get the drops if I kill the only remaining twin?
I'm sure that's been patched out. For the probes you can quickly switch to another ranged weapon to deal with them, before returning to damaging the Destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom