PS4 Meteors not landing

There may be no valid spaces in your world for it and you may not know I had the same problem in one of only worlds I believe you need 30 blocks of clear space no NPCs chests or obstructions I would set an area and clear that area of any obstacles (sorry if my info isn't 100% accurate)

Last edited:
I've destroyed almost every crimson heart of my world and no one meteors came to my world
I'm not sure what to tell you. Every crimson heart/shadow orb destroyed yields a 50% chance of a meteorite landing. Do keep in mind that meteorites can only land in the in-game hours of 12:00-4:30 (at night), and there must be a valid location for it to land (no chests, npc's, or players within a certain distance of said crash site). Here's a link to the Terraria Wiki page for more information.

There may be no valid spaces in your world for it and you may not know I had the same problem in one of only worlds I believe you need 30 blocks of clear space no NPCs chests or obstructions I would set an area and clear that area of any obstacles (sorry if my info isn't 100% accurate)

but how I find these spaces? do you have some video or something that would help?

I've destroyed almost every crimson heart of my world and no one meteors came to my world
It sounds like bad luck to me @Booogieoop, Given enough time you should get a meteor. They aren't guaranteed to happen right away.

I'm not sure what to tell you. Every crimson heart/shadow orb destroyed yields a 50% chance of a meteorite landing. Do keep in mind that meteorites can only land in the in-game hours of 12:00-4:30 (at night), and there must be a valid location for it to land (no chests, npc's, or players within a certain distance of said crash site). Here's a link to the Terraria Wiki page for more information.
This is somewhat correct. After one (or more) crimson hearts (or shadow orbs) are smashed, there is a 50% chance for a meteor to land by the next morning. After that there is a 2% chance that a meteor will land, even if you don't smash another. But if all the hearts (or orbs) are smashed at once, there is only the one-time 50% chance, not a 50% chance for each one. Maybe that is what you were saying already and I misunderstood. :) Just wanted to clarify.

Yes, but the only way to make sure the meteorite lands in one particular spot would be to make sure everywhere else doesn't meet the requirements, such as placing chests all over the world.

This is a reoccurring bug in console versions. Happened to me too. only thing that worked was resetting my games cache files and reloading the game completely after breaking hearts or orbs, or after defeating the eater or brain.

This is a reoccurring bug in console versions. Happened to me too. only thing that worked was resetting my games cache files and reloading the game completely after breaking hearts or orbs, or after defeating the eater or brain.
I’m not so sure it’s a bug so much as being unlucky though. The meteors are not guaranteed.

It sounds like bad luck to me @Booogieoop, Given enough time you should get a meteor. They aren't guaranteed to happen right away.

This is somewhat correct. After one (or more) crimson hearts (or shadow orbs) are smashed, there is a 50% chance for a meteor to land by the next morning. After that there is a 2% chance that a meteor will land, even if you don't smash another. But if all the hearts (or orbs) are smashed at once, there is only the one-time 50% chance, not a 50% chance for each one. Maybe that is what you were saying already and I misunderstood. :) Just wanted to clarify.
I’m not sure it’s bad luck, cause while me and my friend are xbox players, all worlds he owns have never had meteorite spawn, so he doesn’t even have the achievement. Also his game is very laggy and he’s been playing for 5 years

Back
Top Bottom