Metroid BUYcott!

KoBeWi

The Destroyer
Cgh0BeOU4AAv3sy.jpg:large

More info here.
You can also share the image to spread the word.
Thanks!

I have played 5 of the metroidvgames. Tho i hate the newest (ds piece of crap that didn't have much content and no storyline. It was only decent as multiplayer)
i like the older ones, fusion and zero mission. The metroid prime games were good. To me their games in general lost their quality. Almost like ehh noone really plays but kids so who cares. (I don't know any active gamers that play nintendo anymore.)

My response: Still buy Federation Force and give it a chance if you care about Metroid so much. Nintendo still needs to make money if they are to see producing more Metroid games as a financially-viable investment; over games like Animal Crossing and New Super Mario Bros.
As good as this movement looks on paper, this is not going to cause much momentum unless you also buy Federation Force. Metroid fans are likely to already have most, if not all, of the titles on the Nintendo EShop. I can only see this gaining minimal momentum.
Nintendo also has been listening to the fanbase, or at least acknowledging the complaints fans have with their games. With Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nintendo acknowledged that large numbers of fans disliked the design conventions Skyward Sword made and were moving away from it despite it selling decently well. The game also features things that were hyped up to be in Twilight Princess that were cut (eg. the spider chase). Simply because you buy their games doesn't necessarily tell them you like everything in it, nor will they necessarily continue following up the design choices in it.

Last edited:
Kurt Russell is my lord and master.
I agree with this. I seriously doubt Nintendo pays much attention, if any, to Virtual Console sales.

Besides, what if we want to buy and play Federation Force? What then, sir? And do you really think that if Federation Force somehow managed to be a success, Nintendo would take it as a sign that Metroid's future lies in co-op FPS? Take it for what it is. It's a spinoff, and I think Nintendo knows that considering they've got a needle full of pure nostalgia perpetually sticking out of their arm.

Yeah, it's :red:ty that it's the first Metroid in years and Nintendo said nothing of the series turning 30. I'm not okay with that at all, but I'm allowing myself to hope for something better nonetheless.

The Metroid series was a wonderful addition to my childhood. I remember the first time I nuked Mother Brain straight to hell on Super Metroid. It was definitely one of the best feelings I've had in gaming, and I'm a little sad to see the franchise fall to the wayside.

Cgh0BeOU4AAv3sy.jpg:large

More info here.
You can also share the image to spread the word.
Thanks!

Games don't just grow on trees. They take many hours, days, weeks, months, even years of work. Metroid Prime 2 was 30% of what it could be because they rushed to make something that works for E3. They appear like they have some sort of mainline Metroid game in the works, especially with ending, so be patient.

Back
Top Bottom