tModLoader Metroid Mod

Is the Wavebank still available?
Sorry for the late reply. I have yet to get around to making a new Wavebank, but I do intend to make one soon-ish.
Also I noticed that the missiles don't come to you when you use the charge beam, while other pickups do.
You have to have an empty space in your inventory for missiles to come to you.
Yeah this seems to be a bug related to TML(?). I did everything needed to make missile drops act like vanilla heart drops (I think I based it off an item from the Example Mod), but this bug still occurs.
I can probably fix this with some additional code, though I kinda wish TML handled it on its own.
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but have you considered the powerbomb specials from super Metroid for missile launcher charge abilities?
I think I mentioned earlier that those are planned to be Expert items.
Do you intend to add some pets? It would be cool to have some enemies and iconic animals from the franchise following you, like the Metroids and also the Etecoons and Dachoras from Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.

View attachment 306431View attachment 306433
Adding on to this suggestion; when Mods take a leap into 1.4 could there also be master mode boss pets? (Such as Torizo, Serris, Kraid, etc) I would really like a small Nightmare following me around
Yeah pets will be added at some point. I've also been thinking about adding boss-specific weapons, such as a staff that shoots Phantoon fireballs, or a Nightmare laser gun. Maybe even some unique accessories as well.
Is there by any chance there would be a Hunter emblem. Similar to the other emblems, but in the form of a screw attack
Funny you mention this, because I definitely want to add this but just haven't got around to it.
I think that Phantoon should have been a boss after the mechanical bosses because I only ever fought Kraid so I can get the armor to beat Phantoon, but then you get a new suit right after. Maybe the gravity suit should have some extra cost to it.
Bruh, Gravity Suit requires Hallowed Bars which are dropped from mechanical bosses. Lol
Nooooo I loved how you could make helicopters fall to the ground with the ice beam it was one of my favorite things of the ice beam :(
Oof, alright. I suppose I can revert this change. I did it to make sure enemy AI didn't get broken, but I'll look into it. I was also thinking of allowing frozen enemies to be stood on, but I'm not sure how useful that'd be considering all of Terraria's mobility tools that trivialize it.
question scoot
are hatches supposed to not work as "open" doors?
looking at the coding its counted as a door when its closed but not counted when its open
meaning you cant use them as doors for npc or bed rooms without npcs constantly shifting rooms + the fact that you have to make sure to close doors behind you by hand

i would also suggest adding something like a player proximity based auto close thing if its possible
Yeah this is kind of a TML limitation. When I make open hatches considered as open doors, it breaks things. I may be able to find a workaround, but it looks like it might be hardcoded...
I may be able to make them auto close, tho.

Could anyone tell me if Phazon is a hardmode item? I saw about a Phazon meteor, but I haven't found it until now, maybe it is generated in hardmode, I don't know. I created the world together with the mod installed and loaded, so I imagine everything is fine.

One thing for sure. We definitely need more beams and i know prime hunters and prime 2 echoes are candidates for more weapons

More beams would be nice but I think more bosses/enemies is the most needed thing at this point, with boss-specific weapon/armor/accessory drops. Accessories that boost statistics unique to this mod, non-beam weapons, summoner items, pets etc.

More worldgen similar to the Torizo lair in the desert would be awesome as well. It would be pretty neat to see worldgen for each of the bosses in the mod (boss specific arenas). This is an area I think most mods miss the mark. Summoning bosses is fine and dandy but there is something cool about uncovering a boss's lair.

Also, are there supposed to be enemy spawns in the torizo lair? It appears to halt all enemy spawns when I've encountered it.

More beams would be nice but I think more bosses/enemies is the most needed thing at this point, with boss-specific weapon/armor/accessory drops. Accessories that boost statistics unique to this mod, non-beam weapons, summoner items, pets etc.

More worldgen similar to the Torizo lair in the desert would be awesome as well. It would be pretty neat to see worldgen for each of the bosses in the mod (boss specific arenas). This is an area I think most mods miss the mark. Summoning bosses is fine and dandy but there is something cool about uncovering a boss's lair.
I agree with you on everything. Entering a boss' lair is another emotion. Ridley's lair in Super Metroid is legendary. Mother Brain, Omega Pirate are other examples, arriving and finding them inside would be incredible.

The Golden Torizo could be moved to Ridley's Lair if the lair is added,
as in Super Metroid it was found there.

Building tip, if you didn't know: a vertical stack of platforms from floor to ceiling counts as a door. Just put them in front of the hatches and they will remain valid housing open or closed.

Like this: =(||||)=

neat workaround for the time being panaxiom

as for more beams
i wouldnt mind seeing a beam "plus" system
say you wanted to roll with supers max beam or fusions max beam
just upgrade it with lumite to match the strength of the celestia beams
nothing but a pure damage upgrade

neat workaround for the time being panaxiom

as for more beams
i wouldnt mind seeing a beam "plus" system
say you wanted to roll with supers max beam or fusions max beam
just upgrade it with lumite to match the strength of the celestia beams
nothing but a pure damage upgrade
:red:.gif
Lol I did once toy with the idea of making "vanity" slots for the beams (it'd be more complex than just that, though) or implement some other form of visual customization, but... your idea might be better.

Sorry for the late reply. I have yet to get around to making a new Wavebank, but I do intend to make one soon-ish.

Yeah this seems to be a bug related to TML(?). I did everything needed to make missile drops act like vanilla heart drops (I think I based it off an item from the Example Mod), but this bug still occurs.
I can probably fix this with some additional code, though I kinda wish TML handled it on its own.

I think I mentioned earlier that those are planned to be Expert items.

Yeah pets will be added at some point. I've also been thinking about adding boss-specific weapons, such as a staff that shoots Phantoon fireballs, or a Nightmare laser gun. Maybe even some unique accessories as well.

Funny you mention this, because I definitely want to add this but just haven't got around to it.

Bruh, Gravity Suit requires Hallowed Bars which are dropped from mechanical bosses. Lol

Oof, alright. I suppose I can revert this change. I did it to make sure enemy AI didn't get broken, but I'll look into it. I was also thinking of allowing frozen enemies to be stood on, but I'm not sure how useful that'd be considering all of Terraria's mobility tools that trivialize it.

Yeah this is kind of a TML limitation. When I make open hatches considered as open doors, it breaks things. I may be able to find a workaround, but it looks like it might be hardcoded...
I may be able to make them auto close, tho.
Two things if you don't mind.

One, I agree on the auto close, as it's been an issue whenever I forget to close it to keep my unique themed spawn point active inside.

And two, I'm curious on additional compatibility items for different mods, such as say, the Hazard Shield in regards to Calamity's Sulphourous sea in addition to it's normal intended effects...? Though, I'm not sure if that's something that's possible anyway.

Weapons with boss themes are really cool kkk. Maybe an accessory too. Like one of Nightmare that could make gravity stronger for a few seconds, just like Metroid Fusion, one of Meta Ridley from Metroid Prime that could loosen his missiles when suffering damage and would have that scary little noise that I remember until today kkk, I was shaking afraid just to hear it coming towards me kkk. It would be really fun :D :D :D .

oh yeah speaking of nightmare

did you think about having its gravity effect effect missiles

and speaking of missiles
couldnt you put both the missiles and the beams onto one weapon? (beams being left click and missiles being right click. would make the cs file a mess though id imagine)

and speaking of missiles
couldnt you put both the missiles and the beams onto one weapon? (beams being left click and missiles being right click. would make the cs file a mess though id imagine)
I imagine it'd also make the addon menu huge.

Also I noticed that the missiles don't come to you when you use the charge beam, while other pickups do.
You have to have an empty space in your inventory for missiles to come to you.
Update on this issue. I just found out it can be fixed with a single line of code... I feel dumb.

and speaking of missiles
Well, I've thought about Nightmare's gravity effect affecting missiles, and there's a handful of other things that are specific to missiles in the Metroid franchise as well, such as Omega Pirate's absorb field not being able to absorb missiles, or the Golden Torizo blocking missiles. Or heck, even Zebetite barriers whenever I get around to making Mother Brain and Tourian.

But the reason I haven't made these unique distinctions between Missiles and Beams is because it brings into question how vanilla stuff is also handled. Are vanilla rockets also affected by Nightmare's gravity? Or maybe even bullets as well? Of course, energy or magic based stuff would ignore it. But then I'd have to extensively write specific checks for what is or isn't affected, and it's kind of a headache. I may end up doing it anyway, but it's not very high on my list of things to tweak.

As for Power Beam and Missile Launcher being one weapon: We did experiment with it once. It worked by transforming between the two via right click, i.e: It's a normal Power Beam with the regular addon menu, pressing right click turns it into a Missile Launcher and changes the menu to missile addons, and pressing right click again would change it back to the Power Beam.
It was fairly solid, the addons properly stayed when transforming between the two, with the only obvious issue being that if you marked the Power Beam as "favorite", right clicking would clear its "favorite" state.
I decided to revert it though, because we were more focused on just polishing things, I didn't want to worry about even more bugs caused by an experimental feature. However, it may be reintroduced in the future. We'll see how things go.
It's actually still available as a separate branch on the github, though it's over 100 commits behind. Lol

Back
Top Bottom