• Labor of Love is here! Visit our Labor of Love thread for a special message from the team, a look at brand new Labor of Love merch, and the changelog (minus a few surprises 😉)

tModLoader Metroid Mod

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
Here's how I got it working for 1.4.

1) Join the Discord for this mod.
2) Go to the "#github-updates" channel.
3) Find a .tmod file they upload.
4) In Windows Explorer, go to the C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE_HERE\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tModLoader\Mods folder. Put the .tmod file in there.
5) Start up tModLoader and enjoy.

Last edited:

superallen99

Terrarian
Here's how I got it working for 1.4.

1) Join the Discord for this mod.
2) Go to the "#github-updates" channel.
3) Find a .tmod file they upload.
4) In Windows Explorer, go to the C:\Users\YOUR_PROFILE_HERE\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tModLoader\Mods folder. Put the .tmod file in there.
5) Start up tModLoader and enjoy.
that discord link isn't working anymore

HeReTiczZ

Terrarian
Hey Scooterboot!

First of all I want to congratulate you on this masterpiece of a mod. I played over the past days and finished it today for the first time (started the mod on Expert Mode) and this is easily my favorite "Vanilla" (little to none Post Moonlord Content) mod so far. It was extremely enjoyable to play as "Samus" in Terraria and the implementation was fabulous.
I loved the bosses, loved that you've done with the Desert Chozo Ruins and loved the accessories you've put into the mod. And while it all sounds like massive praise (which it is lol :D), I do have some criticism as well.

I get it that Samus is supposed to be "that powerful Bounty Hunter" but some of the items are straight up not balanced and could get some "Nerfhammer" love. Disclaimer: This is MY SUBJECTIVE OPINION, nobody has to agree nor do I want to force anyone to agree. We are all allowed to have our own opinion, so let's keep this civil!

My points are the following (which are made due to the fact that this Mod should be played by itself (what I did) or with other "Vanilla" or close to "Vanilla" Mods like Thorium or Mod of Redemption with very little / not completely over tuned Post Moon Lord content (Calamity's Death Mode for example)):

Spazer: too strong for the availability pretty much right from the start (once you obtain the means to mine chozite) - dmg gain by slotting it in should be reduced by at least 15-20%
Plasma (pierce variant): also too strong simply because it has infinite pierce (I know it's the same in the Metroid games) - reduce pierce to 2-4 targets and / or reduce dmg by ~25%
All Celestial Pillar Beams (combined): probably the most nerf worthy currently. Killing Moon Lord easily first try within less than 2min is WAY too strong - reduce dmg by AT LEAST 40-50%
Diffusion Missile: the fact that you can get missiles way too frequently from mobs makes this a no brainer for the pillars. It just destroys them - reduce damage by ~50%
Flamethrower: too powerful for the amount of missiles it uses. I killed Lunatic Cultist in under 60sec - heavily increase missile usage and / or reduce dmg by at least 35-45%
Wavebuster: see above, not as powerful tho in my opinion - increase missile usage and / or reduce dmg by ~20-30%
Supernova: basically a infinite Hyper Beam with a little less damage - heavily increase missile usage and reduce damage by 40-50%
Power Bombs: very neat utility weapon for clearing screens and getting loot but a little too powerful - increase cooldown to 45sec and reduce dmg by at least 20-30% for ALL iterations
Bosses: some of the bosses like Golden Torizo have way too little health and pose no threat as a boss at all

While I do think you could pair this Mod with content giants like Calamity with power creep like this (maybe up to Devourer of Gods, after that it gets dicey due to "low defense" unless you are a No-Hit God), it makes the base game "too easy" in my opinion. I'd love to have a greater challenge with the mod itself but maybe that's just me.

Some content suggestions (if I may):

Desert Chozo Ruins: it could be 2x /3x the size imo and maybe put a little more content into it like unbreakable blocks + Morph Ball Labyrinths
Enemies: I'd be cool to see some Space Pirates, Cacatacs, Kihunters, X-Parasites etc.
Minibosses: Botwoon, Crocomire, the Adult Baby Metroid which is not killed but rather stops the fight before dying (maybe even applicable for a regular boss)
Bosses: Ridley, SA-X, Dark Samus (since we have the Phazon Theme already) Yakuza, Draygon
NPC's: an actual Chozo, Adam

Again I really enjoyed what you've done with this and I felt compelled to give you an honest review since I'm in love with Metroid for 25 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom