tModLoader Metroid Mod

I'm actually just past Wall of Flesh, and can say that the ghost at least starts selling the Arm Cannons and Power Suit.

There's at least more Metroid hatches than the blue ones (green, yellow and red specifically), if that's what you meant. There's also Crumble Blocks and Grip Ledges, though I haven't actually done anything with them yet.
I see that the Chozo ghost does indeed sell more stuff, but it's stuff I already have. It would be neat if he sold weapons or a new accessory or possibly stuff like morph ball, morph ball bombs and power grip just because in multiplayer worlds only one person will be able to get those when the enter chozo ruins.

And I did notice crumble blocks and ledge grips, that's already a lot but if more was added like bomb blocks I would be pretty happy

1 very major mod incompatibility i found, and its with Fargo's eternity mode, and how enemies have the ability to steal items.
if the enemy manages to steal away your missile launcher, or arm cannon, all upgrades installed in them will be lost.
which is very annoying, but its fine, as i can get everything i lost back, minus the missile expansions, as they have no crafting recipe

EDIT: Managed to use another mod to get my missile expansions back....saw a little bit of content thats not fully implemented yet, and im very excited to see what the future holds for this mod

Last edited:
so, one bug/crash that I just discovered. when using the magic carpet, if you use the power beam (I believe, in my case, it was to charge, but, assuming it works either way) on tmod 64 bit, it crashes the game. will test again in 32 bit to see if it still crashes

Probably one of the more funnier things about this mod; Guide and a Torizo statue, college roommates

Attachments

• College room mates.png
    College room mates.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 255
So, just finished farming the Moon Lord for a weapon to make the Hyper Beam. Here is my review.

First, I love this mod. LOVE IT! I'm not one to care about a lot of new enemies, but love bosses. So this mod ticks that off for my checklist.

Bosses: Seems good! Each one was interesting enough, except Golden Torizo. This was probably due to killing Moon Lord first. My favorite was Nightmare. It was super cool how it could affect your jumping and had pretty cool attacks, as well as several forms. Only issue I had with the bosses was with Kraid. When I died to him he failed to despawn and so I had to relog to get rid of his icon. Then when I spawned him a second time he was partways into the ground. I realized that maybe his walking height is maybe based off your location, so spawned him in the air and had no more problems.

Enemies: Nothing crazy about these. They were just there, being enemies. Died to a caterpillar guy first time in the Jungle.

NPC: Chozo Ghost is a bro. At first I thought he only sold the Torizo spawner, which I was fine with. Helped me get the last few pieces of Chozite to make my first armor. BUT THEN!!! I found out he later sold the Gravity Suit which I needed to make the alternate line of suits. Very helpful.

Items: Fun to use, each one was helpful! X-Ray visor is good and helped me in my search for life fruit. Once I had Space Jump and Speed Booster, the world was my oyster! First playthrough that I did that did not require a sky bridge or rail system for traversal!

Weapons: Unique and diverse, the weapons were a hoot to use! Skipped the second Ice Beam cause I couldn't find the item needed, I think it was a core of some sort. Missiles were great, and more useful the more expansions I found. Bombs were only occasionally used, primarily defensively while mining in Morphball mode. Power Bombs are great, once I got the Solar Power Bomb events were a snap, as were the celestial towers.

Armor: Pretty cool! When I got my first set of Power Armor, I went Squee! Only thing of criticism is the later sets, after Gravity. The line splits in two, one continuing Gravity and the other switching to Phazon. Both lines seemed the same. The bonuses and improvements were pretty much identical, the only difference was the set bonus which both unique ones were not important to me. Maybe make each line more specialized? Like, one is offensive and the other defensive? Personally, I went Phazon and then just bought a second set to check out the other line.

Graphics: Everything was beautiful. The sprites were well crafted! The bosses looked true to form and were translated well into Terraria. The suits looked amazing. The effects from shooting or using Space Jump or Speed Boost were wonderful. The enemies looked great.

All in all, a wonderful mod that I feel I will be playing forever! 9.5/10!

Can't wait to throw it in with DBZMod and a few other boss heavy mods. One player goes Samus, the other Goku!

okay sorry for the spam but I was currently doing a pumpkin moon event and the boss drops a pumpkin morph ball bomb. Color me surprised since I didn't see it in the crafting table.

LET'S F***ING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Saw the mod on the mod browser and was like "No way" then checked the forums and sure enough it was true! The Metroid mod is finally here!

Armor: Pretty cool! When I got my first set of Power Armor, I went Squee! Only thing of criticism is the later sets, after Gravity. The line splits in two, one continuing Gravity and the other switching to Phazon. Both lines seemed the same. The bonuses and improvements were pretty much identical, the only difference was the set bonus which both unique ones were not important to me. Maybe make each line more specialized? Like, one is offensive and the other defensive? Personally, I went Phazon and then just bought a second set to check out the other line.

I actually did it the other way rtound, because I couldnt mine the Phazon yet but had access to the material for the terra version of the armor. My guess was that this was the intermediate one to bridge you over until after Nightmare so you can mine Phazon (thats my guess as to why I couldnt mine it at first, not sure if it was Nightmare of the Mage that spawns the obelisks that I needed to kill first)

You need the Nova Drill to mine Phazon.

In one of my previous posts I already stated that I had it. As soon as I heard about the meteorite falling I searched for it. When I found it I made a Nova Drill and I tried drilling it for like a minute, various parts of it, the core or the green stuff, nothing worked. I then went to kill Nightmare, the mage near the Dungeon and the 4 Obelisks only to be killed by the Moon Lord. After that I tried it again and I was able to mine it easily.

side note:
Glitch 1: I was able to confirm the "out of screen" glitch with the grappling hook. I have a sky arena with many lines of platforms. I tried to quickly climb up by spamming jump and grabbling hook so latch onto the next higher platforms. It catapulted my all the way out of the screen and I had to alt+f4 as no menu worked anymore.

Glitch 2: Not sure if its the modded grabbling thingy I use (throium or spirit mod, not sure). Its like a normal hook but when you let go you get a second of low gravity. When I turn into a morph ball while being hooked, the morph ball state bugs out. You cannot mine, you are still normal, but you have the buff. You cannot morph again and you cannot click the buff away. Only a save & exit helps.

In one of my previous posts I already stated that I had it.
Completely forgot about that, sorry

Glitch 2: Not sure if its the modded grabbling thingy I use (throium or spirit mod, not sure). Its like a normal hook but when you let go you get a second of low gravity. When I turn into a morph ball while being hooked, the morph ball state bugs out. You cannot mine, you are still normal, but you have the buff. You cannot morph again and you cannot click the buff away. Only a save & exit helps.
I've had that happen to me exactly once, too, though I think I somehow got myself stuck in a wall when it did. Of note is I actually didn't have any mods that added grappling hooks besides this one.

So. I encountered a weird bug and don't know what's happening. Shortly after killing Plantera my entire world seems to have entered a perpetual state of lag. This is the only content mod I have on right now. Any ideas whats causing it?

Havent had any lag so far, and im now on my 2nd playthrough this time with qwerty bosses, spirit mod, thorium and a couple more (still no calamity to try out the current balance).

Does anyone know how to spawn a Phazon meteorite? I made a sky bridge in my world this time early, and it does prevent the normal meteorites from falling (had that problem long ago already). So i made a new world and basically speedrunned the bosses. I killed wall of flesh, plantera and then a couple temple guardians. No drop. i then killed Skeletron, Torizo, Phantoon and still no drops. I remember that around that stage I had one in my first play through. What is the exact trigger for the meteor? I kind want that armor xD

Back
Top Bottom