tModLoader Metroid Mod

To ease all your concerns, this is one of the bugs that's already been fixed. I think Scooterboot can/will elaborate more when the time's there for a new (hotfix) release.
Good to hear! Although being honest it's also a pretty nice bug in some cases because it meant you could dictate where to drop the meteor but fixing it is better overall.

Update 2.1.0.2 (hotfix)

Potential Fixes (Need further testing):
* Implemented possible fix for the Grapple Beam bug caused by players holding Up and pressing Jump. I have been unable to replicate the bug, but going off of a hunch on what causes it, I did a minor code tweak. If this doesn't fix it, lemme know.
* Possible fix for Chozo Statue items disappearing in multiplayer. Would like others to test this with connected friends to see if it's working properly.

Phazon Meteor fixes:
* Lag issue should be fixed - this was caused by the meteor attempting to spawn, and fail, every single game frame. We've alleviated this by making it attempt to spawn every 60 seconds if it has failed.
* Phazon Meteor ignores platforms when spawning (unlike vanilla meteors). Still blocked by bridges made out of solid tiles.
* (Testing needing) Possible fix regarding the Phazon Meteor never spawning. Some of you have encountered an issue where defeating Plantera would not spawn the meteor yet no lag occurred. This meant the meteor had attempted to "spawn" but did not register it as a failure (the world flag for checking if it has spawned was set to true yet no message was shown). While this fix should mean that this no longer happens, existing worlds that have had this issue will remain bugged and no meteor will spawn. Unfortunately a new world will need to be generated. If no meteor still spawns after Plantera's defeat and you're sure no sky bridge is blocking it, let us know - it means this hasn't been fixed.

World Gen fixes and tweaks - A new world will have to be generated to see these changes:
* Redid rarity of statue items. Spider Ball and X-Ray Scope should be rarer as intended, though further tweaking may be needed.
* Changed wall type of Chozo Statue shrines - town NPCs should no longer be able to consider it as potential housing.
* Chozo Ruins walls will now have missing pieces to hopefully prevent the above issue and it looks more 'ruined' - Save room is untouched.

General fixes:
* Fixed issue with Morphing while using a vanilla grapple (and most grapples from other mods).
* Fixed Morph Ball drills being able to mine Demon Altars - oops!
* Phazon Core now damages the player like normal Phazon - except it ignores Phazon Suit immunity, as it is technically Red Phazon.
* Fixed Chozo Ghost town NPC despawning.
* Fixed crash caused by loading an existing world that was generated prior to activating this mod.
* Power Beam, Missile Launcher, and Morph Ball can no longer be placed in an Item Frame, as doing so would wipe installed addons.

More fixes are underway. Thank you all for the bug reports! Keep it up!

Last edited:
Looks like I checked in at a good time. Good to see that a ton of stuff got fixed!
Now, I think I figured out why Serris sometimes despawns.
During the second phase of the Serris part of the fight (as opposed to the Core-X part), Serris does this thing where it backs off really far from the player before lunging. From what I could tell in practice, if you're too close to the world border, Serris will go out of bounds and despawn.

I just finished the mod a few hours ago and what an experience! This is a genuinely amazing mod, and I am excited beyond relief for the next updates. The end game abilities are all so amazing and worthy of being locked behind moon lord. My favorites are phazon beam and the solar bomb, solar bomb just wipes out all trash mobs on screen and phazon beam is just cool, cooler than the hyper beam imo. Can't forget about the charge addons for the missile launcher, god supernova is so cool. SPEAKING OF CHARGE ADDONS FOR MISSILE LAUNCHER...

Here' some further feedback on bosses this time, mostly Kraid.

Kraid feels rather easy because his projectiles are slow and you can easily dodge them considering your movement options by early hardmode. Sure, he hits hard, but he's so easy to dodge anyway. Maybe if his projectiles moved faster? Although that can be tricky to balance without going to the other end of feeling like bullet hell with little reaction time to dodge. It almost feels like he wasn't designed in mind with the movement options you can have compared to how he's fought in the source material.

Phantoon, on the other hand, does move and attack in a way that isn't easily dodgable, effectively accounting for Terraria movement early hardmode. I mentioned him because both can be fought at the start of hardmode before any mecha bosses, even if Phantoon's drops are not useful till at least one mecha boss is downed.

Man, I am going to just do it, time to make a Super Metroid Map. Just one request; is it possible for you to make the rest of the bosses? Just a request so that I can make the map fully. Can't wait to die alot in expert mode!! Thank you for making this mod, have been looking forward to it for a long LONG time! Making the map now!

Man, I am going to just do it, time to make a Super Metroid Map. Just one request; is it possible for you to make the rest of the bosses? Just a request so that I can make the map fully. Can't wait to die alot in expert mode!! Thank you for making this mod, have been looking forward to it for a long LONG time! Making the map now!
I remember a long time ago scooterboot made a rough roadmap of the update and if my memory serves which it often doesn't ridley was rather far in the road map?

There is a bug for Kraid in multiplayer where he barely opens his mouth and it doesn't open for everyone also he closes it half a second which is another bug. That's only one issue I've found so far

I remember a long time ago scooterboot made a rough roadmap of the update and if my memory serves which it often doesn't ridley was rather far in the road map?
Thank you for taking a look at my post, honestly would love to see what they have done, I ended up making it all the way to kraid's lair, but the problem is, Kraid doesn't spawn naturally so I have a little chest where you fight him, all I am missing is stuff like the boss before you get super missiles, and aswell as quackamire? If thats how you spell it? My next problem is trying to place mobs that respawn after you leave its spawn point, if that makes sense? But I genuinely cannot wait to finish making this map! Hope you all enjoy it when I am finished making it!

Thank you for taking a look at my post, honestly would love to see what they have done, I ended up making it all the way to kraid's lair, but the problem is, Kraid doesn't spawn naturally so I have a little chest where you fight him, all I am missing is stuff like the boss before you get super missiles, and aswell as quackamire? If thats how you spell it? My next problem is trying to place mobs that respawn after you leave its spawn point, if that makes sense? But I genuinely cannot wait to finish making this map! Hope you all enjoy it when I am finished making it!
I don't know if crocomire is going to be added, but I remember there was a tconfig super metroid mod and ridley spawned in certain locations with no use of spawners, so thats possible?

You should tone down the Plasma Machinegun's damage or increase the missile use greatly, I just used it against Skeletron Prime, The Twins, and Phantoon and it absolutely shredded them.

I believe the Spazer should be nerfed. I did a small test where I fought Torizo twice with end-of-prehardmode equipment (all pre-WoF); once with a flat-shoulder Varia suit and an Unreal Power Beam, containing a Charge, Ice, Wave, and Spazer, and once with Molten and a Legendary Night's Edge. This fight was conducted in Expert Mode with no accessories. In the latter fight, it took me a minute to actually do Torizo in, but in the fight with the Power Beam, I absolutely melted the thing in under 10 seconds. The Power Beam, I feel, completely outclasses the Missile Launcher at this particular stage in the game, as well as every other weapon.
Another thing I'd like to mention is that the Chozo Ghost's dialogue that mentions the Witch Doctor has a grammatical error in the last sentence.

I believe the Spazer should be nerfed. I did a small test where I fought Torizo twice with end-of-prehardmode equipment (all pre-WoF); once with a flat-shoulder Varia suit and an Unreal Power Beam, containing a Charge, Ice, Wave, and Spazer, and once with Molten and a Legendary Night's Edge. This fight was conducted in Expert Mode with no accessories. In the latter fight, it took me a minute to actually do Torizo in, but in the fight with the Power Beam, I absolutely melted the thing in under 10 seconds. The Power Beam, I feel, completely outclasses the Missile Launcher at this particular stage in the game, as well as every other weapon.
Another thing I'd like to mention is that the Chozo Ghost's dialogue that mentions the Witch Doctor has a grammatical error in the last sentence.
I agree with the Spazer being pretty powerful, when I played with my friend (On expert) we shredded the wall of flesh in 2 minutes; Also I think it should be Spazer Beam? Not just Spazer as it's called currently

Back
Top Bottom