tModLoader Metroid Mod

Well yeah but...metroid is a metroidvania type of game, so you have to go forwards and backwards and forwards and backwards over and over again

Is it recommended that I try out this mod on it's own, or would using my usual mod setup of like 60 mods (including big ones like Calamity and Thorium) be an appropriate first experience? Also is there a roadmap or list of possible additions or changes to come?

I have been following this mod for about 3-4 years now, and am glad to see that this mod has come all this way and want to wish all the developers and supporters (and anyone else reading this right now) good luck in the present and future.

Is it recommended that I try out this mod on it's own, or would using my usual mod setup of like 60 mods (including big ones like Calamity and Thorium) be an appropriate first experience? Also is there a roadmap or list of possible additions or changes to come?

I have been following this mod for about 3-4 years now, and am glad to see that this mod has come all this way and want to wish all the developers and supporters (and anyone else reading this right now) good luck in the present and future.
Try it on its own with QoL mods you like. I don't feel like playing it with calamity and thorium and stuff would do it justice imo.

Try it on its own with QoL mods you like. I don't feel like playing it with calamity and thorium and stuff would do it justice imo.

That's one way to see it. Personally I play it with a truckload of other mods, Calamity and Thorium included, and it's a LOT of fun. It more than holds its own in there, and that does more than justice to it if you ask me.

I don't think there's a wrong way to enjoy this beauty. I say go with whatever you wish.

That's one way to see it. Personally I play it with a truckload of other mods, Calamity and Thorium included, and it's a LOT of fun. It more than holds its own in there, and that does more than justice to it if you ask me.

I don't think there's a wrong way to enjoy this beauty. I say go with whatever you wish.

I did what Eduardo suggested for my first playthrough, 2nd one I plan to use the same modpack but with Thorium.
I said this earlier, but Calamity is a no-go for me until I can at least beat Yharon as Hunter, which won't be for a while AFAIK.

I did what Eduardo suggested for my first playthrough, 2nd one I plan to use the same modpack but with Thorium.
I said this earlier, but Calamity is a no-go for me until I can at least beat Yharon as Hunter, which won't be for a while AFAIK.
This is why post moon lord content would be a good idea if it were to happen; I could visualize so much more content from this mod even past moon lord but that's just me.

So be it. I did say 'whatever you wish'. :) If whatever you wish is 'both', even better. Seriously, this mod's amazing. It's not coming off my modlist ever.

It looks really cool, I will definitely play it as soon as TModLoader updates to Terraria 1.4.1.2. The current one mysteriously doesn't work on my PC kkk, I need to make adjustments for it to work, however, it gets a lot of lag, so I gave up kkk.

It looks really cool, I will definitely play it as soon as TModLoader updates to Terraria 1.4.1.2. The current one mysteriously doesn't work on my PC kkk, I need to make adjustments for it to work, however, it gets a lot of lag, so I gave up kkk.
hmmm....
Unrelated but are you brazilian perchance?

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm gonna do a Metroid only playthrough, then a super modded playthrough when more content is added.

And sorry for asking again, but is there going to be a roadmap of some sort, or does one exist already and I just haven't seen it?

Thanks for the replies, I think I'm gonna do a Metroid only playthrough, then a super modded playthrough when more content is added.

And sorry for asking again, but is there going to be a roadmap of some sort, or does one exist already and I just haven't seen it?

The first page of this here thread has a 'Mod Playthrough guide' which shows the ropes up to obtaining the basic Power Armor. After that, Scooterboot says, and I quote:

The guide ends here. I will write more in time, but for now, explore and find out things on your own for awhile. I hope the design of this mod is intuitive enough so that you won't need a guide too much to figure out what to do next. If it isn't, feel free to submit suggestions on how to improve it. Also if you're stuck on what to do next, simply ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
You can also use the mod Boss Checklist to help you figure out what to do next - this mod is fully compatible with it!

Also suggestion of mine, use the guide's crafting recipes to help figure out where to go next, it's usually fairly clear enough just from that given what is necessary for the next upgrades to your suit/beam/launcher/morph ball/etc.

Just putting this out there having tried this myself. Metroid mod is doable with other mods just be prepared to uh...outclass most the bosses in Thorium and (difficulty depending) Calamity. The weapons you get in this currently scale VERY quickly so most of pre-hm is easily defeated.

I'm gonna be honest with y'all in that I made those previous comments before I even started a world with this mod, and I didn't realize that there was THIS much content on a Beta, going all the way to Moon Lord. When I said "then a super modded playthrough when more content is added" I didn't mean to sound condescending if I did, because what I meant was I'd do a large mod playthrough if content regarding the larger mods like Thorium and Calamity were added, like compatibility patches, with the possibility to incorporate the whole Metroid universe into those content addons.

Problems with my other posts were from ignorance on my part, and I thank everyone who replied.

Hmmm... Me and my friends want to play this mod in multiplayer but I heard there are issues with it on multiplayer? Which ones and how severe are they?

Hmmm... Me and my friends want to play this mod in multiplayer but I heard there are issues with it on multiplayer? Which ones and how severe are they?
They aren't too bad. Main issue I've seen is sometimes enemies get a bit weird and teleport around a little and kraid just does not work because his mouth doesn't open. only way to damage kraid substantially in multiplayer is to use revengeance mode in calamity or have a ton of defense penetration. otherwise it works fine

Back
Top Bottom