tModLoader Metroid Mod

I am curious if there will be an escape sequence of any kind in this mod; mostly because it's a staple in Metroid for them and it would be interesting to see how one would work in the context of Terraria
I could probably see one being done if Subworld Library is utilized.

I am curious if there will be an escape sequence of any kind in this mod; mostly because it's a staple in Metroid for them and it would be interesting to see how one would work in the context of Terraria

Not sure if there's a way to temporarily disable recall potions, but some event that's activated in hell that requires you to quickly get back to the surface without teleporting would be interesting. Maybe metroid fusion style where you have to go up then defeat a boss that spawns before time runs out.

Not sure if there's a way to temporarily disable recall potions, but some event that's activated in hell that requires you to quickly get back to the surface without teleporting would be interesting. Maybe metroid fusion style where you have to go up then defeat a boss that spawns before time runs out.
Maybe a debuff that makes recall/mirror unusable? Calamity changes Chaos State to outright disable the Rod of Discord, so maybe a similar debuff for warping home could be made?

Hey, so, um, using metoid mod in TModLoader 64bits gives me a weird, game-breaking bug. When i spawn using it, nothing can affect me (neither gravity or any entities) and i cannot use any tools, or even open the menu using escape. However, if i have a NPC close to me, i can still talk to it and then open the menu. I don't know why or what's happening, but the logs clearly states it's a problem coming from this mod.

Hey, so, um, using metoid mod in TModLoader 64bits gives me a weird, game-breaking bug. When i spawn using it, nothing can affect me (neither gravity or any entities) and i cannot use any tools, or even open the menu using escape. However, if i have a NPC close to me, i can still talk to it and then open the menu. I don't know why or what's happening, but the logs clearly states it's a problem coming from this mod.
Can you post the logs here?

Serris should drop the gravity boost from Metroid Prime 2, like wings that you can only use underwater.

Last edited:
Just closing and reopening the game should fix that. It happens occasionally.

MxWkdxl.png

Manual download | Github Repository
Available on the Mod Browser

It's finally here!

This mod is currently in Open Beta. This means there is the possibility of bugs and balance issues that you may encounter while playing.
-Single Player-
* As far as we know, the only major singleplayer issues are balance related. Let is know what is too difficult or too easy, and we'll see what we can do to fix it!

-Multiplayer-
* Enemies and bosses have wonky behavior in multiplayer. They may "teleport" short distances. It's possible some bosses may be too difficult in multiplayer as a result. If this is the case, feel free to use a cheat mod or fight the boss in singleplayer.
* Using Right Click to collect an item from a Chozo Statue may cause the item to disappear instead. Use a pickaxe to mine the item for the time being. Same applies to Missile Expansions. A fix has been implemented for this, but I don't know if it works 100%. I would like multiplayer users to try obtaining items via right click to see if all is well.

-tModLoader 64bit-
* This mod is untested on TML64 and some users have reported crashes when using it.
Feedback is greatly appreciated, as we will be actively trying to fix each issue that crops up.
While reporting issues on this thread is fine, you may also report issues here. Simply click "New Issue", give it a title and a description. The more details the better.

Mod Contents:
A wiki is currently being worked on for this mod. In the meantime, here's a quick progression guide so you can get into the thick of it:
-Getting started-
First of all, make sure the mod is properly enabled and loaded. Then, make a new world and character.

The start is not far off from vanilla: Dig, build, explore, fight.

During your exploration, you may encounter a few new things: Chozite Ore, Chozo Statues, and Missile Expansions.
i04oHmx.png
WtwYemH.png

Note: Chozite Ore requires 50% pickaxe power to mine, though Chozo Statues do not have this requirement. Mining a statue will net you additional Chozite ore. (Personal statues can be made out of regular stone, and mining them does not give you ore.)
Every statue you encounter will have an item resting on its hands. Almost every item you find will be unusable, however, but save them for later. Same goes for Missile Expansions.

Continue playing until you're powerful enough to defeat the Eye of Cthulhu. Chozite Armor can be made out of Chozite Ore.
JqMHe1d.png

Not exactly a Power Suit... yet!

You may have noticed an odd icon on your map.
bFkBN21.jpg

Heading over to it will take you through the desert to find...
TjtJg8G.png

The Chozo Ruins!
The doors can be opened with Right Click or by firing a projectile into them - though I suggest saving your arrows if that's what you're using. You're gonna need them.
If you venture through the ruins thoroughly, you'll find:
-A magic carpet
-Morph Ball
-Missile Expansion
-Sandstorm in a Bottle
-Morph Ball Bombs
-Power Grip
If you've found any Morph Ball addons during your previous explorations, you can now use them with the Morph Ball.

You'll know you're reaching the end once you see a Save Station (it's actually just a fancy bed).
gmhU05J.png

Set your spawn point here, if you want. Or don't. Either way, you're about to fight a boss (in case it wasn't obvious).
HumThTE.png

Suspicious Chozo Statue is suspicious. This thing is larger than any other statue, and boy that Energy Tank seems tempting... But any veteran Metroid fan may know what'll happen if you approach it.
KmIIsNw.png

I hope you've brought plenty of arrows for your bow, or have plenty of magic for your magic weapon... or just plan on swinging a sword into it. Either way, it's time to fight the Torizo.

Defeating it will yield some Chozite Ore, and also Energy Shards - a much needed resource. With Energy Shards and Chozite Bars, you can craft the Power Beam! Pew pew!
75FXH7K.gif

But also remember how the Torizo was holding an Energy Tank? With these Energy Shards, you can craft Energy Tanks. However, to do so, you will also need Shadow Scales (if on a Corruption world) or Tissue Samples (if on a Crimson world). Which means you need to fight a vanilla boss: Either Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu.

With Energy Shards and Shadow Scales/Tissue Samples in hand, crafting Energy Tanks is now doable. You may now use Energy Tanks to convert your Chozite Armor into...
pCtpgaz.png

The Power Suit! -Insert Samus intro fanfare here-

The guide ends here. I will write more in time, but for now, explore and find out things on your own for awhile. I hope the design of this mod is intuitive enough so that you won't need a guide too much to figure out what to do next. If it isn't, feel free to submit suggestions on how to improve it. Also if you're stuck on what to do next, simply ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
You can also use the mod Boss Checklist to help you figure out what to do next - this mod is fully compatible with it!
Boss Checklist - Fully compatible!
Terraria Overhaul - Expect issues

Not many other mods have been tested, though most of them should be compatible. Let us know of any and all mod compatibilities and we'll see if we can fix them - if not, we'll list the incompatibility here.

Credits:
I'm no longer working alone on this. These are the wonderful peeps who helped make this mod possible:
-Scooterboot - that's me!
-Terratroid
-Joost
-Jefftheswift
-Eldrazi
-Begoliah
Special thanks to all these other people who've helped here and there:
-The tModLoader team for making tModLoader
-The tAPI Team because this mod was once for tAPI
-Surfpup + other devs for making tConfig back in the day, which is where this mod started.
-Everyone who has helped me on the forums (can't remember all of the names)
-Yoraiz0r
-W1K
-Empio
-Omnir
-Angie the Demoness
-Zero-Exodus
-Skiphs
-RayJT
-mccad00
-Skyre Ventes
-And others that I've forgotten the names of...

A big thank you to the awesome community here and all of the kind words. This mod would have died long ago if there weren't so many caring and kind people here.
Terraria and Metroid are owned by Re-Logic and Nintendo respectively. I made this mod for entertainment and educational purposes only.

Old tAPI version can be found here if any of you are still interested in playing it.
What is the boss order, as in how it connects with the vanilla bosses. King Slime, Mod Boss 1, Eye of Cthulhu, etc.

I've been having a blast with this mod for the past few weeks! Had a Metroid Mod Only (with only a few comfort mods) and it ran great! Only problems I had were I couldn't beat Moon Lord, and the grounded bosses liked to fall through the floor/platforms when they moved.
Started a new world with a few bigger mods (JojoStands, Upgraded Accessories, Weather Variations, and Joostmod being the bigger names on the list) for some more fun, and within minutes of crafting the Nova Beam and Nova Launcher this time around, I am running into a bit of an item-breaking snag: I cannot use charge-based functions of either the power beam or missile launcher.

Now to make this clear: I have been playing for several hours between two different worlds (one of which has taken me all the way to the Moon Lord, the other of which has me about to face the Omega Space Pirate), and I have had no difficulty whatsoever using the charging functionality of any weapon with any upgrade. It is only within the last few hours that (again: seemingly out of nowhere) both charge-capable weapons will sputter and start to charge, maybe start to fire, but stop completely. With the power beam, I can see the charge meter start and then restart and then pause and then just stop. The charging sound cuts in and out, then stops after a few seconds. The chargy-light that appears at the end of the beam/launcher follows the same pattern, starting play the animation, but it flickers in and out of sight, eventually stopping entirely, not even attempting to charge anymore, despite me still holding down click and being able to see the arm aiming towards my cursor.

This glitch has occurred within the last two hours. It occurred sometime after I defeated Golem. Crafting the Nova Upgrades has seemingly marked the point at which things started to get weird. I defeated Golden Torizo with this glitch in effect. I have died 2-3 times to the Omega Pirate with this glitch in effect, though I was able to thoroughly trounce him with the Nova Launcher during my first run.
The weapons seemingly function normally otherwise, and I'm not sure of the cause. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, disabled and re-enabled the mod, uninstalled two unimportant mods, gone back to different charge-dependent upgrades, and attempted to verify the integrity of my files on Steam. All to no effect.
I am not sure how to attach video here (wish I could show you what this looks like for demonstration purposes), if it's possible at all, but I would be willing to attach a list of all the mods I'm currently using if you think it would help find the cause of this glitch. I am truly loving this mod, and would love assistance in fixing this problem. Help?

What is the boss order, as in how it connects with the vanilla bosses. King Slime, Mod Boss 1, Eye of Cthulhu, etc.

From what i saw on youtube is normal torizo,eye of ctuhulutu, the crimson/corruption boss, skeletron, serris, kraid, 3 hardmode bosses, phantoon, nightmare, Omega pirate and then Golden Torizo

First off I'd like to say this mod is absolutely amazing for a Metroid Fan such as myself. It has single handedly reawakened my Terraria addiction. (That's a good thing, I promise.)
There's just one thing I need info on. Can somebody break down the criteria for the Phazon Meteorite spawning? I've only gotten it to spawn once upon killing Plantera, but on every other playthrough/worlds it never spawned. Not even the status message that showed up the first time.

Currently, the only major mods I have active are Calamity and some QoL mods. (ImkSushi, Magic Storage, AlchemistNPC, etc.)
If anyone can shine some light on this, I would appreciate it.

First off I'd like to say this mod is absolutely amazing for a Metroid Fan such as myself. It has single handedly reawakened my Terraria addiction. (That's a good thing, I promise.)
There's just one thing I need info on. Can somebody break down the criteria for the Phazon Meteorite spawning? I've only gotten it to spawn once upon killing Plantera, but on every other playthrough/worlds it never spawned. Not even the status message that showed up the first time.

Currently, the only major mods I have active are Calamity and some QoL mods. (ImkSushi, Magic Storage, AlchemistNPC, etc.)
If anyone can shine some light on this, I would appreciate it.
Phazon Meteor is a little iffy spawning sometimes but from what I understand you just need to kill Plantera and make sure your sky is open. For instance if you have a sky bridge then you'll need to break a platform tile for it to spawn.

Phazon Meteor is a little iffy spawning sometimes but from what I understand you just need to kill Plantera and make sure your sky is open. For instance if you have a sky bridge then you'll need to break a platform tile for it to spawn.
Thanks for the insight. I can see phazon meteorite spawning being an issue with mods that put random stuff in space like Calamity's Planetoids and other such blockades.

this
Did anyone defeated moon lord? How did you guys did it?We are talking using strictly metroid gear of course
wasnt entirely only metroid mod stuff
but iirc the first time i beat him was terra gravity suit
fully upgraded v3 beams except for lumite (a v1/v2 charge beam works with v2/v3 beams), missile launcher with full tanks and nova combo
as for accessories
the standard terraria musts like a cobalt shield and a cross necklace

you should be able to kill him with that and a decent platform arena (and some potions cause im a noob)
sense dodging is a must

Maybe for compatibility with the Joost mod, you should be able to craft the Fusion suit when fighting the SA-X? And the Fusion Suit should be able to absorb the X-Parasites unharmed?

Do you mind to make the Missile Expansions an upgrade?
And speed booster is broken, I can't move but I can use chat.
Need a /kill command or /unstuck.

help c 1.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom