tModLoader Metroid Mod

not sure if you want it or not but heres some of the sprites i made when i was messing around adding some fusion content
i got stuck trying to get the locking system working how i wanted to and i sorta lost interest

Attachments

• sprites.zip
    90.9 KB · Views: 176
not sure if you want it or not but heres some of the sprites i made when i was messing around adding some fusion content
i got stuck trying to get the locking system working how i wanted to and i sorta lost interest
A security lock system would be neat, but I'm unsure about it. Obviously it'd be for a dungeon (the entire BSL Station?) or a series of dungeons, I just need to plan out the 'how' and 'why' a dungeon would work that way. Obviously for the rewords and sweet loot, but I can't help but feel there needs to be more to it than that. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

Fusion has always been so much more story-based than the other titles, it's hard to implement its features in a game that is effectively story-less (in this case, Terraria) in a satisfying way.
(I know there's official lore for Terraria, but it's pretty vague, and I'm mostly ignoring it for the purposes of this mod anyway lol)

A security lock system would be neat, but I'm unsure about it. Obviously it'd be for a dungeon (the entire BSL Station?) or a series of dungeons, I just need to plan out the 'how' and 'why' a dungeon would work that way. Obviously for the rewords and sweet loot, but I can't help but feel there needs to be more to it than that. Or maybe I'm overthinking things.

Fusion has always been so much more story-based than the other titles, it's hard to implement its features in a game that is effectively story-less (in this case, Terraria) in a satisfying way.
(I know there's official lore for Terraria, but it's pretty vague, and I'm mostly ignoring it for the purposes of this mod anyway lol)
i mean, if the station crashed there's a chance the security systems would still be in place since nobody would be there to control that

i mean, if the station crashed there's a chance the security systems would still be in place since nobody would be there to control that
And maybe that could be an excuse to add the Scan Visor to hack into the locks and unlock them, if you don't wanna use keys for some reason. It's already been shown in the Prime games that Samus's Power Suit can hack into databases and such using the Scan Visor.

Of course, adding the Scan Visor means adding the ability to scan most things, and that's probably incredibly time-consuming, so I understand if you don't wanna do that.

I mean the poster above me mentioned the scan visor but you could also go the route of random logs throughout the world that you could maybe right click to read like a sign or put in chests or something. If you need more story reason then you could take notes from Fusion and have it they came here to collect specimens from the planet to take back to study but the nature of the world attacked back and brought them down. Or perhaps the Moon Lord and the four pillars attacked them while they were in space causing it to crash land?

There's any chance to use the Power Beam, Missile and Morph Ball interface in the metroid mod armors?
So, we can insert the items in their right locations.
Armors upgrades in the Chest Armor, visors upgrades in the Helmet and boots upgrades in the Boots.
I like the way it was now, but with new items (from Fusion game or Prime games), why not apply this too?
It will be like one armor only, but as we apply upgrades, it changes .
Think, applying Metroid Fusion items, and the armor changes to the Metroid Fusion version?
Just a sugestion.

Fusion lore could be tied directly into corruption/crimson/hallow or something. Add parasite enemies to the random pool of these biomes and associate fusion bosses/content with the biomes as well. One thing Terraria lacks is worthwhile corruption/crimson/hallow content outside of the few bosses and whatnot.

a few things on this fusion implementation. this could be an alternate route from varia mk2 that unlike the terra or phazon armors isn't a clone but similar to fusion (save for the ignores gravity vs unlocking the goddamned phazon beam while also being significantly easier to craft), makes for a more glass cannon build (i know this sounds strange but hear me out) fusion had the eternal layer of our power armor stripped from us (where most of the heavy shielding and firepower was stored) yet fusion pushes us to be the most agressive we can be with how upgrades were changed from super (charge beam now not only granting a second damage particle thus widening the shot and borderline doubling charge damage, but also a short range melee beam, spazer acting less like a beam widener and fire rate up, and adding another beam particle permanently to charge shots and adding to otherwise keep it at 3 particles and so on) so it could focus on boosting our damage over the defensive features that come with the other two sets while also granting a set bonus that enemies now have a greater or have a chance at all to drop hearts on death, with enhanced missile count drops. you could also add the x reskin bosses as a sort of boss rush challenge. all this could also come from a crashed space research station similar to a world spawn event (not like pillars, but like meteors) and have it eliminate an ocean.

onto why i originally back here for... is this normal?
eternal WIP.PNG

also have some fanart i did a while back and forgot to post.View attachment SOLAR BEAAAAAM!!!-edited.jpg

a few things on this fusion implementation. this could be an alternate route from varia mk2 that unlike the terra or phazon armors isn't a clone but similar to fusion (save for the ignores gravity vs unlocking the goddamned phazon beam while also being significantly easier to craft), makes for a more glass cannon build (i know this sounds strange but hear me out) fusion had the eternal layer of our power armor stripped from us (where most of the heavy shielding and firepower was stored) yet fusion pushes us to be the most agressive we can be with how upgrades were changed from super (charge beam now not only granting a second damage particle thus widening the shot and borderline doubling charge damage, but also a short range melee beam, spazer acting less like a beam widener and fire rate up, and adding another beam particle permanently to charge shots and adding to otherwise keep it at 3 particles and so on) so it could focus on boosting our damage over the defensive features that come with the other two sets while also granting a set bonus that enemies now have a greater or have a chance at all to drop hearts on death, with enhanced missile count drops. you could also add the x reskin bosses as a sort of boss rush challenge. all this could also come from a crashed space research station similar to a world spawn event (not like pillars, but like meteors) and have it eliminate an ocean.

onto why i originally back here for... is this normal?View attachment 327894

also have some fanart i did a while back and forgot to post.View attachment 327895
If it uses the same meteor code as Vanilla then...yeah it can be. Meteors can often find themselves lodged into tunnels which is why you gotta look in corruption tunnels for them occasionally.

Make it so that you need the Fusion Suit (When it gets integrated) to pick up X (Serris-X and Nightmare-X)!

Last edited:

well my original plan was for the switches to work as global switches
all bsl security hatches are locked in a world
then unlocked when you find the single matching switch in the world
story wise idk how to work them in but as they would work really well for a map making tile
but they would present a challenge on a normal playthrough
have these containers scattered around the world with security hatches being the only way to get into them
then the challenge would be finding the 5 security switch station hidden throughout the world

I stopped playing terraria 6 years ago. You may not know this but I was a huge fan of your work of an old metroid mod you made. When I returned to see a metroid mod in the browser I had to find out if it was you Scooterboot9697. I think the mod was on tConfig or something. I did find my old youtube comments on your channel something about a pokemon mod I wanted to make, never got around to it lol. Anyways you did a fantastic job with the mod and I am currently playing it, I was wondering if there is a way to get that metroid music you had before onto the mod.. or was it cut for legal reasons?

I stopped playing terraria 6 years ago. You may not know this but I was a huge fan of your work of an old metroid mod you made. When I returned to see a metroid mod in the browser I had to find out if it was you Scooterboot9697. I think the mod was on tConfig or something. I did find my old youtube comments on your channel something about a pokemon mod I wanted to make, never got around to it lol. Anyways you did a fantastic job with the mod and I am currently playing it, I was wondering if there is a way to get that metroid music you had before onto the mod.. or was it cut for legal reasons?
No legal issues as far as I know, as I mainly put remixes into it as opposed to ost rips. The reason I haven't made a new version is I simply haven't gotten around to it. I'm also considering making the music replacer an actual mod, downloadable on the browser, which would be more convenient than manually replacing the wave bank.

Anyone note a workaround for the omega pirate boss not taking damage? I saw someone post this a few pages back, but I'm running into the same issue where the boss spawns, takes hits and loses its armor just fine but when it goes to reform (the vulnerable phase) it takes no damage.

Back
Top Bottom