tModLoader Metroid Mod

Anyone note a workaround for the omega pirate boss not taking damage? I saw someone post this a few pages back, but I'm running into the same issue where the boss spawns, takes hits and loses its armor just fine but when it goes to reform (the vulnerable phase) it takes no damage.
This is a known multiplayer issue. You should be able to defeat it in singleplayer without issue, though if you're encountering this bug in singleplayer as well, then... yeah, that's a problem. Omega Pirate is going to receive an overhaul in the future that should fix most of its issues.
Does this mod have a discord? If so could i have an invite link? This mod is very good.
There's a discord link on the front page of this thread.

If we talk about fusion how about adding one way lock gates? Like the one in sector 1? The one that were in SM also?

This is a really good mod. I'm playing a run through right now.
I have noticed an issue though. It's a minor one but I think it's good to mention. Hatches when closed count as doors. The problem is that when they are open, they do not count as doors. This can cause npcs to start wandering around without a home if the hatch isn't closed soon enough.
The blue hatches are so easy to accidently open that i often have homeless npcs wandering around when i'm fighting a boss or an invasion like the goblin invasion when i don't want the npcs moving about. Once their homeless, I have to reasign them to their homes again. I like having certain npc's in certain places as some are better at fighting and defending the base then others.

This is a known multiplayer issue. You should be able to defeat it in singleplayer without issue, though if you're encountering this bug in singleplayer as well, then... yeah, that's a problem. Omega Pirate is going to receive an overhaul in the future that should fix most of its issues.
Yeah... this is happening in single player, my dude.

No legal issues as far as I know, as I mainly put remixes into it as opposed to ost rips. The reason I haven't made a new version is I simply haven't gotten around to it. I'm also considering making the music replacer an actual mod, downloadable on the browser, which would be more convenient than manually replacing the wave bank.
I would definitely look forward to that music mod. If there was a config where it would replace vanilla music that would be excellent

I really like this Mod, already finished a playthrough of it... and like many other people in this thread I decided it would be fun to build an adventure map with it. And it is fun!
But the lack of tiles that interact with the Weapons was a bit of an obstacle.
But I know you are working on it, and you have your own life and... that's fine and all. Problem is, I'm impatient. And I can code.
So... I have made an add-on mod that adds them, and that should be easy enough to adapt into the main mod:
20210829191430_1.jpg

(Don't mind the icon on the lower right, that's for another mod I'm working on that adds stuff for adventure maps)
It also adds switches that trigger based on different weapons (the blue one being triggered by all projectiles, including the Wave Beam, unlike Teal Pressure Plates) and changes some of the behavior of the blocks to be closer to how they work in Metroid: Zero Mission (I got the feeling that would fit the best)
I couldn't implement everything I wanted without changes in the main Mod, and I have yet to test how the code works in multiplayer, but overall I find it makes designing maps so much easier.

I haven't published it yet, and don't intend to do so, but I would like to offer you the code I made, and some help, if you are interested.

I really like this Mod, already finished a playthrough of it... and like many other people in this thread I decided it would be fun to build an adventure map with it. And it is fun!
But the lack of tiles that interact with the Weapons was a bit of an obstacle.
But I know you are working on it, and you have your own life and... that's fine and all. Problem is, I'm impatient. And I can code.
So... I have made an add-on mod that adds them, and that should be easy enough to adapt into the main mod:
View attachment 339394
(Don't mind the icon on the lower right, that's for another mod I'm working on that adds stuff for adventure maps)
It also adds switches that trigger based on different weapons (the blue one being triggered by all projectiles, including the Wave Beam, unlike Teal Pressure Plates) and changes some of the behavior of the blocks to be closer to how they work in Metroid: Zero Mission (I got the feeling that would fit the best)
I couldn't implement everything I wanted without changes in the main Mod, and I have yet to test how the code works in multiplayer, but overall I find it makes designing maps so much easier.

I haven't published it yet, and don't intend to do so, but I would like to offer you the code I made, and some help, if you are interested.
Yoooo, that's sick. Heck yeah I'm interested, send me the code. Saves a lot of trouble on my part. :D

This is a really good mod. I'm playing a run through right now.
I have noticed an issue though. It's a minor one but I think it's good to mention. Hatches when closed count as doors. The problem is that when they are open, they do not count as doors. This can cause npcs to start wandering around without a home if the hatch isn't closed soon enough.
The blue hatches are so easy to accidently open that i often have homeless npcs wandering around when i'm fighting a boss or an invasion like the goblin invasion when i don't want the npcs moving about. Once their homeless, I have to reasign them to their homes again. I like having certain npc's in certain places as some are better at fighting and defending the base then others.
This is a known issue that I've been dealing with for awhile. So far I've been running into hardcoded roadblocks, but I'm beginning to wonder if there's a stupidly simple solution I've been overlooking this entire time.
Multiple people have suggested making hatches automatically close after awhile, which, while is merely a bandaid fix, also doubles as just a nice QoL feature.
Yeah... this is happening in single player, my dude.
Literally never encountered it in singleplayer, that's so strange. Hard to fix an issue I can't reproduce. Hopefully it'll be fixed when I rework O.Pirate's code.

Yoooo, that's sick. Heck yeah I'm interested, send me the code. Saves a lot of trouble on my part. :D
Should I post it on your profile, or just here, or... (EDIT: Do you prefer that I send it as PR on Github?)

Also, I should probably explain some stuff about the changes I made in more detail, so that's also a thing (some stuff I added/changed affects gameplay, and I also don't just want to go over your head.

Apart from that, if you need any other help, I can't promise that I'm always available, but I sure wouldn't mind helping some more. (I'm really excited to see where this is going, and if I can make it happen a little bit faster...)

Should I post it on your profile, or just here, or... (EDIT: Do you prefer that I send it as PR on Github?)
Up to you, really. It kinda depends on how you have it set up (is it a separate mod, or...?). It might be easiest to just send a .zip here.
Also, I should probably explain some stuff about the changes I made in more detail, so that's also a thing (some stuff I added/changed affects gameplay, and I also don't just want to go over your head.

Apart from that, if you need any other help, I can't promise that I'm always available, but I sure wouldn't mind helping some more. (I'm really excited to see where this is going, and if I can make it happen a little bit faster...)
Hey, the other devs on the team aren't always available either, we all have our own lives (heck, one left due to personal reasons, and another flat out disappeared so... I guess you could say we have room for extra help).

Also feel free to join our discord (link on the front page of this thread). Many peeps on there talk about making adventure maps from time to time, so the stuff you've made would help them with that, when it's officially added that is. Lol

Up to you, really. It kinda depends on how you have it set up (is it a separate mod, or...?). It might be easiest to just send a .zip here.
It was a seperate mod, but it was easy to re-write it to make it a PR, it's on the GitHub now...

Hey, the other devs on the team aren't always available either, we all have our own lives (heck, one left due to personal reasons, and another flat out disappeared so... I guess you could say we have room for extra help).
Just tell me what you need my help for, and I can take a look if I have an idea. Speaking of which, I might look at the problem with the hatches that was mentioned earlier.

Also feel free to join our discord (link on the front page of this thread). Many peeps on there talk about making adventure maps from time to time, so the stuff you've made would help them with that, when it's officially added that is. Lol
I don't really use discord, but I can explain the changes I did here real quick...

Basically, I implemented different tiles that are "destroyed" (actually they are just actuated) by different weapons... Let's call them Weapon Tiles for now.
Here's a list of all them:
  • CrumbleBlock.png
    Crumble Blocks are destroyed if a player steps on them, or tries to grab on tho them with the Power Grip. There are 3 variants of them:
    • Instant Crumble Blocks (Instant) are triggered instantly, giving no time to react. (Might be redundant, as the SpeedBoost variant is still fast enough for most situations)
    • Crumble Blocks (SpeedBoost) have a slight delay before they crumble, just enough to run over them with the Speed Booster. Noob Bridge, anyone?:D
    • Crumble Blocks (Delayed) have even more delay, giving you enough time to jumb, maybe even shoot other tiles. Useful for puzzles.
  • FakeBlock.png
    Fake Blocks can be destroyed by any projectile, Power Bombs, Screw Attacks, Speed Boosting, Shinesparks... you get the idea. They also have a variant:
    • FakeBlockHint.png
      Fake Blocks (Transparent) show cracks on the tile they are placed on, to give a hint to the player that those are destructible.
  • BombBlock.png
    Bomb Blocks can only be destroyed by Bombs, Power Bombs and the Screw Attack. (similar to how they acted in Metroid: Zero Mission)
    • Bomb Blocks (Chain), activate other Bomb Blocks (Chain) next to them, but can't be destroyed with a Screw Attack. (Again, like in Zero Mission)
  • PowerBombBlock.png
    Power Bomb Blocks can only be destroyed with a Power Bomb.
  • MissileBlock.png
    Missile Blocks can only be destroyed by Missiles and Super Missiles.
  • SuperMissileBlock.png
    Super Missile Blocks can only be destroyed by Super Missiles. Yes, Nebula Missiles and Stardust Missiles count.
    • I personally would suggest a small change to the Sprite of these. (Pick what you want, or keep the original, your choice)
      • SuperMissileBlock_alt2.png
        Makes the Shape more recognizable. (My Personal Favorite)
      • SuperMissileBlock_alt.png
        A bit closer to the original.
      • SuperMissileBlock_alt3.png
        Same as the first one, but still has that dark line.
  • BoostBlock.png
    Boost Blocks can only be destroyed by running into them with the Speed Booster, or by Shinesparking.
  • ScrewAttackBlock.png
    Screw Attack Blocks can only be destroyed with the Screw Attack
I also added some things around that system:
  • ChoziteWrench.png
    The Chozite Wrench changes the behavior of Weapon Tiles, normally, they reappear after some time, but when you change their behavior (indicated by a red hue) they will only reappear when loading the world
  • ChoziteCutter.png
    The Chozite Cutter simply is used to remove the Weapon Tiles, since they aren't attached to the wire system anymore (I'll maybe later add an item combining the Wrench and Cutter)
  • X-Ray Scope and Scan Pulse reveal Weapon Tiles in their respective area of effect, most projectiles reveal Tiles they hit (if they can't destroy them) and Power Bombs reveal all Tiles they hit (excluding, again, tiles they destroy)
  • After reappearing, Weapon Tiles are revealed
  • Tiles stay revealed until the world is loaded again. On world load all tiles with Weapon Tiles will be deactuated.
I also added these four Switches, they act like the Hatch of the same colour, so not much to say:
  • BlueSwitch.png
    Blue Switches are activated by all projectiles. (including the Wave Beam, which teal pressure plates ignore, and I needed a way to check for the Wave Beam, that's why I started this whole project in the first place)
  • RedSwitch.png
    Red Switches are only activated by Missiles and Super Missiles.
  • GreenSwitch.png
    Green Switches are only activated by Super Missiles. Still, including Nebula and Stardust Missiles.
  • YellowSwitch.png
    Yellow Switches are only activated by Power Bombs. (Switches will trigger multiple times while hit by a Power Bomb, I'll have to fix that)
Sprites are free for debate.

Some other changes I haven't implemented but would suggest:
  • For Adventure Maps, having different positions for the Torizo spawns might be helpful, as well as an item to summon them as Statues
    • IdleTorizoSummon.png
      I know, not creative, but it works. Sets the spawn of the Torizo Statue at the position where you are pointing with your mouse.
    • IdleGoldenTorizoSummon.png
      The Light is from the Screw Attack. Same as the above, but for the Golden Torizo.
  • I wanted to reward the player for finding energy tanks by giving them health, the easiest way would be to add...
    • A recipe, that changes an Energy Tank for a Life Crystal
    • A second recipe that is only available if the player has used all Life Crystals they can, that changes an Energy Tank for 4 Life Fruits
  • The player can Speed Boost underwater even without the Gravity Suit, which they probably shouldn't be able to do.
Top of spoiler

Last edited:
It was a seperate mod, but it was easy to re-write it to make it a PR, it's on the GitHub now...

Just tell me what you need my help for, and I can take a look if I have an idea. Speaking of which, I might look at the problem with the hatches that was mentioned earlier.

I don't really use discord, but I can explain the changes I did here real quick...

Basically, I implemented different tiles that are "destroyed" (actually they are just actuated) by different weapons... Let's call them Weapon Tiles for now.
Here's a list of all them:
  • View attachment 339636Crumble Blocks are destroyed if a player steps on them, or tries to grab on tho them with the Power Grip. There are 3 variants of them:
    • Instant Crumble Blocks (Instant) are triggered instantly, giving no time to react. (Might be redundant, as the SpeedBoost variant is still fast enough for most situations)
    • Crumble Blocks (SpeedBoost) have a slight delay before they crumble, just enough to run over them with the Speed Booster. Noob Bridge, anyone?:D
    • Crumble Blocks (Delayed) have even more delay, giving you enough time to jumb, maybe even shoot other tiles. Useful for puzzles.
  • View attachment 339638Fake Blocks can be destroyed by any projectile, Power Bombs, Screw Attacks, Speed Boosting, Shinesparks... you get the idea. They also have a variant:
    • View attachment 339639 Fake Blocks (Transparent) show cracks on the tile they are placed on, to give a hint to the player that those are destructible.
  • View attachment 339640Bomb Blocks can only be destroyed by Bombs, Power Bombs and the Screw Attack. (similar to how they acted in Metroid: Zero Mission)
    • Bomb Blocks (Chain), activate other Bomb Blocks (Chain) next to them, but can't be destroyed with a Screw Attack. (Again, like in Zero Mission)
  • View attachment 339641Power Bomb Blocks can only be destroyed with a Power Bomb.
  • View attachment 339642Missile Blocks can only be destroyed by Missiles and Super Missiles.
  • View attachment 339643Super Missile Blocks can only be destroyed by Super Missiles. Yes, Nebula Missiles and Stardust Missiles count.
    • I personally would suggest a small change to the Sprite of these. (Pick what you want, or keep the original, your choice)
  • View attachment 339647Boost Blocks can only be destroyed by running into them with the Speed Booster, or by Shinesparking.
  • View attachment 339648Screw Attack Blocks can only be destroyed with the Screw Attack
I also added some things around that system:
  • View attachment 339631The Chozite Wrench changes the behavior of Weapon Tiles, normally, they reappear after some time, but when you change their behavior (indicated by a red hue) they will only reappear when loading the world
  • View attachment 339632The Chozite Cutter simply is used to remove the Weapon Tiles, since they aren't attached to the wire system anymore (I'll maybe later add an item combining the Wrench and Cutter)
  • X-Ray Scope and Scan Pulse reveal Weapon Tiles in their respective area of effect, most projectiles reveal Tiles they hit (if they can't destroy them) and Power Bombs reveal all Tiles they hit (excluding, again, tiles they destroy)
  • After reappearing, Weapon Tiles are revealed
  • Tiles stay revealed until the world is loaded again. On world load all tiles with Weapon Tiles will be deactuated.
I also added these four Switches, they act like the Hatch of the same colour, so not much to say:
  • View attachment 339649Blue Switches are activated by all projectiles. (including the Wave Beam, which teal pressure plates ignore, and I needed a way to check for the Wave Beam, that's why I started this whole project in the first place)
  • View attachment 339650Red Switches are only activated by Missiles and Super Missiles.
  • View attachment 339651Green Switches are only activated by Super Missiles. Still, including Nebula and Stardust Missiles.
  • View attachment 339652Yellow Switches are only activated by Power Bombs. (Switches will trigger multiple times while hit by a Power Bomb, I'll have to fix that)
Sprites are free for debate.

Some other changes I haven't implemented but would suggest:
  • For Adventure Maps, having different positions for the Torizo spawns might be helpful, as well as an item to summon them as Statues
    • View attachment 339653I know, not creative, but it works. Sets the spawn of the Torizo Statue at the position where you are pointing with your mouse.
    • View attachment 339655The Light is from the Screw Attack. Same as the above, but for the Golden Torizo.
  • I wanted to reward the player for finding energy tanks by giving them health, the easiest way would be to add...
    • A recipe, that changes an Energy Tank for a Life Crystal
    • A second recipe that is only available if the player has used all Life Crystals they can, that changes an Energy Tank for 4 Life Fruits
  • The player can Speed Boost underwater even without the Gravity Suit, which they probably shouldn't be able to do.
Top of spoiler
Awesome. I've reviewed the PR, and made a comment on it. Seems you may have forgotten a few things... lol

Of the Super block type resprites you suggested, the first one in the list looks the best to me, so feel free to add that to the PR (or I can just upload it myself, doesn't matter).
Also I do plan to giving map makers control over where the Torizo(s) spawn, much like you've just suggested.
And Energy Tanks will be changed as part of a Power Suit overhaul in a future update... more on that later.

Overall, cool stuff. You just need to fix your PR, cuz it seems like it may be incomplete, notably your MWorld.cs changes are missing, so the code won't compile. (I did a deep dive into the code a bit and a lot of things seem fine, I'm just unable to give it a proper in its current state.)

Also I do plan to giving map makers control over where the Torizo(s) spawn, much like you've just suggested.
And Energy Tanks will be changed as part of a Power Suit overhaul in a future update... more on that later.
Sounds exciting, sign me up!

Overall, cool stuff. You just need to fix your PR, cuz it seems like it may be incomplete, notably your MWorld.cs changes are missing, so the code won't compile. (I did a deep dive into the code a bit and a lot of things seem fine, I'm just unable to give it a proper in its current state.)
Yeah, something went wrong, fixed it just now. (You'll probably see it on the GitHub anyway)

Sounds exciting, sign me up!

Yeah, something went wrong, fixed it just now. (You'll probably see it on the GitHub anyway)
Just merged the PR, as everything seems to be working well!
There's a small handful of bugs I can easily fix, but that's it.
-Placing instant crumble blocks doesn't consume the item. Easy fix.
-Mining out a 'speedboost' crumble block drops the instant variant item. Also easy fix.
(Delayed crumble block seems to work as intended.)

-Visual bug(?) if you place a destroyable block over a tile, then hold another item, it's hidden, which is great. Once the block is destroyed and then respawns, it's no longer hidden--also great. After having it 'destroyed' and respawned, if you then take off the destroyable block and put a new one over the same tile, it'll still not be hidden (save and re-load fixes it).
Probably not that big of an issue, but I think someone will find it and point it out eventually. I can probably fix it without too much hassle (hopefully). It should just be a matter of resetting the hit[x,y] variable back to false when no tile exists under it.
Haven't thoroughly tested all of the tiles, mind you, this is what I found right off the bat. Despite these issues, they seem to work great.

-Placing instant crumble blocks doesn't consume the item. Easy fix.
-I think that was just a leftover from your original code.
-Mining out a 'speedboost' crumble block drops the instant variant item. Also easy fix.
Probably an error when I merged my original add-on with the mod.
-Visual bug(?) if you place a destroyable block over a tile, then hold another item, it's hidden, which is great. Once the block is destroyed and then respawns, it's no longer hidden--also great. After having it 'destroyed' and respawned, if you then take off the destroyable block and put a new one over the same tile, it'll still not be hidden (save and re-load fixes it).
Probably not that big of an issue, but I think someone will find it and point it out eventually. I can probably fix it without too much hassle (hopefully). It should just be a matter of resetting the hit[x,y] variable back to false when no tile exists under it.
I could have seen it coming. Oh well.

Good to see that everything works now, well, at least for the most part.

EDIT: Just for your information, I set the version number to 2.1.0.4, if you want to change that, feel free to do so.

Not gonna lie, it's really cool seeing you two work together. I really wish I had the kind of skill to help with stuff like this, but alas, I'm just a 4head.

This mod is amazing! Every cool thing there is that makes me play more and more to know what's next, with Power Bean it's a lot easier to advance too.

But there are a few things that are failing: I can't activate the Spider Ball and I can't use the Missile Cannon either. When the Suit passes from Gravity to Varia it loses the ability to move in water and does not even gain resistance to lava.

Back
Top Bottom