tModLoader Metroid Mod

you can make the xray scope btw

Also unrelated, I really hope this mod is updated with post moonlord content to be on par with calamitys post moonlord
I know it can be made, just mentioning it because dev cant seem to decide on rarity, along with spider ball
post ml would be amazing, and it can already be pseudo-done by using antisocial mod and putting on both suits, it makes even death mode only a slight struggle
on that note, would be nice if statues had missiles occasionally because the other upgrades like morph ball and bombs are just spam really really

on that note, would be nice if statues had missiles occasionally because the other upgrades like morph ball and bombs are just spam really really
I honestly think random morph ball and bomb spawns should be completely removed, because they already spawn guaranteed in the chozo ruins, which you're 100% going to be exploring in a playthrough of this mod

And or a Calamity crossover mod. Think of the beams, suits, and powerups.
speaking of which, the early hardmode items could be reworked so they only need an anvil rather than mythril to work with calamity rebalance, but still works without calamity
also holy mother of tinnitus, please quiet the nova laser
edit2 does anyone have any tips on increasing performance? this mod is murder on fps

Last edited:
Might be interesting to look into the different materials that appear in the Prime games, like bendezium for example, for crafting recipes and the like... might also add some more variety to the ore collection...

Last edited:
really? because I don't see it, only 2.1.0.3 and the previous releases which was released 1 year ago about (following the github link from the mod page)
it's not under releases, it has to be installed and compiled completely manually (as if you made the mod yourself)
GitHub - Scooterboot/Terraria-Metroidmod_TmodLoader (under code, then download .zip)
most immediate difference youll notice is you can walljump now with chozite instead of climbing claws effect

1648427768965.png

I've gotten this far but don't know what to do from here because they seem like they're the same name but I might be looking at the wrong thing
edit: Found out you just have to rename the folder name to MetroidMod after some research
edit 2: Also it seems like the .4 patch just adds in the hunter emblem among bug fixes (probably) so far, might be some other stuff but dunno without more testing, still find it strange it mentions a hazard shield in the github page yet I didn't see it in the items, just wondering if I should try implementing the .4 version in my current playthrough...
edit 3: Nvm it just updated .3 to .4 and didn't make a separate mod like I thought it would, so I guess I didn't have a choice lol

Last edited:
View attachment 361441
I've gotten this far but don't know what to do from here because they seem like they're the same name but I might be looking at the wrong thing
edit: Found out you just have to rename the folder name to MetroidMod after some research
edit 2: Also it seems like the .4 patch just adds in the hunter emblem among bug fixes (probably) so far, might be some other stuff but dunno without more testing, still find it strange it mentions a hazard shield in the github page yet I didn't see it in the items, just wondering if I should try implementing the .4 version in my current playthrough...
edit 3: Nvm it just updated .3 to .4 and didn't make a separate mod like I thought it would, so I guess I didn't have a choice lol
Yoiu can downgrade in the mod browser again if you want

so any ideas on getting better fps since im lucky to get 45 with only this mod when im usually 70 with all the mods im running sans metroid

What are your performance settings? Maybe you could up your frames by, for example, lowering the graphics settings?
everything is bare minimum except resolution lmao
edit: so setting it to a lower res is the only thing that seems to work, curious as to why this mod hates 2560x1440 res so much

so found a few bugs in the .4 version, at first for some reason I couldn't mine the phazon meteor even with the nova drill but suddenly works now. Also After fighting the omega pirate without breaking the phazon meteor spreading the phazon, it just breaks enemy spawns so they don't spawn anymore (spawned in his boss item). After I broke the phazon meteor ( for some reason now worked) enemies started spawning again
Edit: NEVER:red:ING MIND apparently they only spawn near the meteor at night sometimes now which made me think it was fixed

Edit 2: I just downgraded back to .3 and that fixed it, I suggest either not upgrading to .4 or not beating omega pirate otherwise your game's spawns will break
Edit 3: Also just realized, the regular beam shots in .4 are either broken or nerfed to hell because it was still like 21 damage regularly if you had all the V2 beams with nova beam, and after downgrading to .3 my beam does alot more damage regularly now and can actually use it for regular enemies again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom