Blocks & Decoration minecart track door and on/off pressure plate track

Jatopian

Terrarian
I want to be able to securely enter a building on a minecart. There are currently no good options for this. I can't use a door, because it won't attach to a minecart track on the bottom. Actuators are laggy and with the wildly different speeds one can achieve on a minecart track, there's no one logical place to put the pressure plate to open it - too far, and you might let a bunch of enemies in, but too close, and you might just slam against the 'door' before it opens.

Therefore, I would like a minecart track block that goes 4 high (including track at the bottom) and serves as a door to minecart traffic, and foot traffic too because why not.

Relatedly, I discovered while trying to make this work with existing mechanisms that there is no minecart track equivalent for the on/off pressure plate.

You could use teleporters. They work independent of your speed and the minecart will maintain the sped you went in

Unfortunately we can no longer use actuators on minecart tracks. this was possible but I guess the devs did not like it. Destroyed my rollercoaster though :(

edit: just checked. If the cart is stopped and teleported to a accelerator track it will start again

Attachments

• teleporters.png
    teleporters.png
    530.8 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom