Other Game Minecraft Thread

I've always just played PC. Anything below the PC version makes me bored. Heck, I got bored with vanilla a looong time ago. I used to play it like 24/7, but now I only occasionally play Unleashed on FTB or on servers on vanilla.

Not a bad build @jordan , in my run after I set up the power storage, I'll aim to make something nice. Might screw with some natura/Twilight Forest woods for that. xD
Those builds were mostly just for fun. At some point, I may post some of my machine setups, if I can find my world

You can get pretty creative with vanilla survival if you ask me!
Yeah but it stops at a certain point. I guess that point for me was all those ridiculous sized mob traps.... Nether was the worst, air blocks for 128 blocks in each direction.

I'm also pretty sure that future updates are going to have a prize tag. One does not simply walk into Mojang and drop 2,5 billion dollars for the priviledge of giving out free content.

It may not be all bad though, M$ has somewhat bigger resources and more personnel than Mojang so at least the updates are going to be bigger and more frequent. I think.

I'm also pretty sure that future updates are going to have a prize tag. One does not simply walk into Mojang and drop $2.5 billion dollars for the privilege of giving out free content.

It may not be all bad though, M$ has somewhat bigger resources and more personnel than Mojang so at least the updates are going to be bigger and more frequent. I think.

I doubt they would do that. They know what would and what wouldn't damage the Minecraft user base, and making people pay for updates is just stupid. Oh wait, you can't make people pay for updates on the PC. That only works on iOS and Android platforms. Also I've never seen that happen on any game console anyway. Microsoft knows that if they make people pay for updates, it would ruin the MC community in a bad way. They wouldn't do anything that would ruin the community OR the player base. Anyway, I think the reason they bought Mojang was to bring Minecraft to Windows Phone, and to make more Minecraft Merchandise than just Minecraft Legos and shirts. Also, I don't think they would make DLC for Minecraft either, as that would also ruin the Minecraft user base.

Also, related to the people talking about not wanting to deal with the issues of installing mods, then just use a Minecraft launcher that already has pre-made modpacks such as the Technic Launcher, the AT Launcher or the FTB Launcher. All 3 of those launchers have pre-made mod packs that you can play. And all 3 of them allow you to add other mod packs then just the default ones listed in the launcher. For the Technic Launcher, you just go to the Technic Platform website and pick any mod pack you want to add, go to the mod pack's page, and copy the link next to the box that says "Platform URL" to the list of the mod packs listed in the launcher. One of the custom mod packs you can add to the Technic Launcher is this awesome mod pack called Super Modded Survival, which is based off of CaptainSparklez's latest modded series of the same name, but the AT Launcher is the one I like the most, as most of the mod packs listed in the launcher are 1.7.10 mod packs, which is great as I like playing on recent MC versions, but a lot of the 1.6.4 mod packs listed in the AT Launcher are also awesome. The AT Launcher also allows you to add semi-public mod packs (those are packs that require a code for you to be able to add it to the AT Launcher) and private mod packs which you can only add if the owner of the private mod pack whitelists you to be able to download the pack, and public packs are packs that are already available in the AT Launcher by default. The FTB Launcher is also an amazing launcher, but I don't use it that much, so I can't say much about what you can do with it until I use it more.

Last edited:
If it makes them money, M$ will do anything.
Who cares if it makes them money. They know that if they do DLC or make updates to Minecraft pay for, they will damage the community, and Microsoft can't afford to damage the community. Anyway, they make enough money via Windows sales and console sales. They won't do stuff they know would damage the Minecraft user base and community. Even Microsoft isn't that stupid.

Are you aware of the things M$ has gotten away with? They won't care about "damaging the community" in the slightest.

They will find a way to get money from the existing user base, and all I'm saying if it actually puts some content in the empty worlds of Minecraft it may not be an entirely bad thing.

Are you aware of the things M$ has gotten away with? They won't care about "damaging the community" in the slightest.

They will find a way to get money from the existing user base, and all I'm saying if it actually puts some content in the empty worlds of Minecraft it may not be an entirely bad thing.
I don't care about what Microsoft has gotten away with in the past, as it's the present now, and it's time to forget about what they've done in the past. Anyway, they don't need to add stupid DLC to add more content to Minecraft. Anyway, I find talking about this certain topic to be a waste of time, as the deal hasn't even been finalized, and we don't even know what's gonna happen yet, and we aren't going to until the deal is finalized. Just sharing my opinion.

But that's the thing; they haven't changed their policies one bit. They're still the same Microsoft they've always been. The Xbox One - debacle happened very recently. The only reason they changed their insane policies was because they realized Sony was gonna eat them alive. Rest assured they will re-instate those policies after enough people own their new console.

With Minecraft players, they already have a huge crowd, who will pay for more Minecraft stuff. The only consequence is going to be a whole lotta :red:ing on internet forums.

But that's the thing; they haven't changed their policies one bit. They're still the same Microsoft they've always been. The Xbox One - debacle happened very recently. The only reason they changed their insane policies was because they realized Sony was gonna eat them alive. Rest assured they will re-instate those policies after enough people own their new console.

With Minecraft players, they already have a huge crowd, who will pay for more Minecraft stuff. The only consequence is going to be a whole lotta :red:ing on internet forums.
No, most Minecraft players won't pay for more Minecraft stuff. Well, most PC players won't, and I'm one of them. Sure, selling more MC merch and legos is fine, but making people pay for updates? Ridiculous. And DLC? :red:ed. And I think most Minecraft PC players will agree with me.

I give it... about six months until the first Minecraft DLC is announced. And it's going to sell pretty handsomely.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
It's not true. I am not believing anything until I actually see it, and I don't see any paid updates or DLC for Minecraft happening. Mojang are still the developers of Minecraft.

Oh wait, DLC already exists for Minecraft. They are called mods and custom maps.

Back
Top Bottom