Other Game Minecraft Thread

As good as Minecraft was, its ruined now
1st Microsoft bought the game and Since 1.9 the game has gotten forgettable to mediocre updates
Then the so called “better together”
Update happened...
Now there making crappy re-textures/ re-models
At this point they should leave the game as is before it gets any worse (it’s not like they have any good ideas left any ways)

Rip Minecraft 2011-2017
You had a good run...

As good as Minecraft was, its ruined now
1st Microsoft bought the game and Since 1.9 the game has gotten forgettable to mediocre updates
Then the so called “better together”
Update happened...
Now there making crappy re-textures/ re-models
At this point they should leave the game as is before it gets any worse (it’s not like they have any good ideas left any ways)

Rip Minecraft 2011-2017
You had a good run...
What are you talking about? Polar bears and llamas are the best thing since post-1.8 world generation!

Minecraft 1.13, aka "Update Aquatic" has been released.
There has been a bunch of technical changes that will probably be good for mod authors and resource pack creators.

More exciting (to me anyway) is the massive overhaul that's been given to the oceans. There are a bunch of new blocks (e.g. blue ice, coral and seaweed) and mobs (e.g. fish, turtles and dolphins), plus associated items. New world generation structures are also available: icebergs, coral reefs and shipwrecks.
Outside of the ocean, there are stripped logs, new arrows and a new weapon. Can't wait to dive in and check out the new things. Hopefully the mods I like will also update soon.
I still dislike the combat changes though.

Minecraft 1.13, aka "Update Aquatic" has been released.
There has been a bunch of technical changes that will probably be good for mod authors and resource pack creators.

More exciting (to me anyway) is the massive overhaul that's been given to the oceans. There are a bunch of new blocks (e.g. blue ice, coral and seaweed) and mobs (e.g. fish, turtles and dolphins), plus associated items. New world generation structures are also available: icebergs, coral reefs and shipwrecks.
Outside of the ocean, there are stripped logs, new arrows and a new weapon. Can't wait to dive in and check out the new things. Hopefully the mods I like will also update soon.
I still dislike the combat changes though.

But have there been any new machines? Have there been any new things added for automation? At this point I don't give one iota of a :red: about decorations and maybe one new weapon. That's how long they've been doing this.

Until they give me something I can work with I will remain in 1.12 with my modified direwolf 20 pack.

But have there been any new machines? Have there been any new things added for automation? At this point I don't give one iota of a :red: about decorations and maybe one new weapon. That's how long they've been doing this.
It's a fair point. I like collecting and exploration, so I like what they've added in 1.13. But I do agree a number of things feel half-complete and unfinished. The combat changes from 1.9 would have been a lot better if there were variety in weapons, and new weapons to properly exploit the new mechanics. The alternative stones (granite, andesite, diorite) added in 1.8 have no brick, slab or stair variants. That's just two examples off the top of my head. It would be nice if there were an update that focused on improving these loose ends, instead of tacking on more bits of half-baked content.
(Kind of like how Terraria added Throwing and then gave only a few weapons and armour sets for it.)

The wiring in terraria is 1000 times easier than minecraft is all I'm saying

Let me tell you a secret. When I build a base in minecraft. The walls are 3 layers thick. The inner brick walls, a layer of grout (cobblestone) and an outer brick wall. I run all of my wires through the grout layer and have outlets on the walls.

The reason I build that way is because I have experience in actual construction.

Let me tell you a secret. When I build a base in minecraft. The walls are 3 layers thick. The inner brick walls, a layer of grout (cobblestone) and an outer brick wall. I run all of my wires through the grout layer and have outlets on the walls.

The reason I build that way is because I have experience in actual construction.
The thicc walls may make my house look a bit awkward. I'll try it one day.

I make castles. Whats a tiny house?
Any chance you could share some screenshots? I can only make three types of houses: 1. A hole in a mountain. 2. A stone box. 3. A square stone brick tower. I would like to be able to make something more substantial and artistic!

Unfortunately I can't find any of my other saves but here is a world I just got started with in a relative sense. Maybe once I build more I will update here.

nDNyZYj.png

Here is my home base. With the leavings of my most recent experiment laying everywhere. The unlit building to the north of it is the starting of my arkology. As well as my starting house.

Cz4ViWI.png

This is why I like the 3 layer walls so much. There are power cables networked through all the walls of my base on down into the deeper chambers, coming from the main reactor. I can also hide the mechanical parts of my blast doors between the walls.

Anyone got any good Minecraft mods? I've got:
JourneyMaps
Aether II (Or I will when i comes out by the end of the year-)
Pam's Harvest
Buildcraft
and Biome's 'O plenty

I also technically have Twilight Forest, but it's lookin' kinda :red: nowadays so i'll probably delete it.

Back
Top Bottom