Biomes & Nature Mini-Biome Chests

Everybody

Terrarian
So, it's been a month since I posted a suggestion, because I was too busy modding it (and if I manage to get good enough at world gen, I may as well put this in my mod or something. Who knows). The point is, I have an idea. And I'm not going to go all-in depth about these biomes. Also, on a side note, there's probably going to be more chests I'm going to add and all, because 2 may not be enough to satisfy my ancient suggestion needs (I might as well get back into my suggestion roots).

Glass Lab:
It's a miniature lab-like area made out of these blocks called refined glass, which have the same color as the glass part on the chest and the spear (the blue-ish part). It'll hold a chest in the middle, which will always contain a Glass Spear. The chances of having a Glass Lab in your world are pretty high, and you will usually find 1-3 if you look hard enough (they're in the cavern layer). So, without further ado, here goes the Glass Chest and Glass Spear.

Refined Glass Chest
Glass Chest #1.png
Glass Chest #2.png

Always found in the middle of Glass Mini-Biome

Glass Spear.png
Glass Spear
18 Melee Damage
4 Knockback
6% Critical Strike Chance (Cannot be modified)
32 Use Time
Critical Hits will deal additional damage equal to 10% of the NPC's max life. This does not apply to bosses.

Flower Land:
It's also underground, found in the cavern layer, but this is a bit larger than the Glass Lab. The Grass here will be pink, and the background will also be pink, with purple flowers occasionally occupying the background wall. The chances of having one of these in your world is uncommon. You'll uncommonly find one, and rarely find two in your world (also in the cavern layer). Without further ado, here goes the Flower Chest and Giant Petal Sword.

Flower Chest
Flower Chest #1.png

Always found in the middle of the Flower Land.

G.P. Sword.png
Giant Petal Sword
8->22 Damage
1->6 Knockback
4->12% Critical Strike Chance
28->24 Use Time
Critical Hits will cause the stats to revert to their secondary form for 6 seconds. This has an internal cooldown of 14 seconds.

Last edited:
I like these ideas. What about existing mini-biomes, say the Gem Cave, and the suggested Glass Catacombs?

Addendum: I remembered that, some time ago, someone already made a suggestion for a Gem Cave chest - it contained a furniture-making item.

Last edited:
Interesting, and the flower sword is unique. But you realise people are only going to find the flower cave on small worlds? It is like the Lizarhd Temple on large but even worse.

Interesting, and the flower sword is unique. But you realise people are only going to find the flower cave on small worlds? It is like the Lizarhd Temple on large but even worse.

You are indeed right. I'm sure the larger the world, the more would spawn, right?

You are indeed right. I'm sure the larger the world, the more would spawn, right?
According to what you said the flower cave is UNCOMMONLY in a world and rarely there are 2. This sounds like it has to be 0-2 flower caves in a world, And in large it is almost impossible to find these things (Enchanted Swords for instance)

According to what you said the flower cave is UNCOMMONLY in a world and rarely there are 2. This sounds like it has to be 0-2 flower caves in a world, And in large it is almost impossible to find these things (Enchanted Swords for instance)

Oh. Well I guess that would be proportionate to a small world, where in a large world, you'd find 4-6. Is that too high? Or just right?

Oh. Well I guess that would be proportionate to a small world, where in a large world, you'd find 4-6. Is that too high? Or just right?
I would have to say just right. Those numbers also count for Floating Islands, these have much more space aswell to spawn in. Also, I was saying this because if they were added, then I would have to pull out the bombs again.

Back
Top Bottom