skyblade57

Skeletron Prime
miner staff
damage: 8
knock back: 2
velocity: 10
"summons tiny miners to mine or fight for you"
3% drop chance from undead miner

basic minion, unless you right click ore with the staff, at which point they will mine any of that ore within a small radius (5 tiles?) their pickaxe is as fast as the bone pickaxe, and when in attack mode appear to wield bone shortswords.

now, you're saying "this would be useless in hardmode" so, I have the answer to you the "haunted pickaxe"

haunted pickaxe
damage: 32
knock back: 4
velocity: 10
"summons a haunted pickaxe to fight or mine for you"
crafting: 5 souls of night, 5 souls of light, 15 adamantite/titanium bars (or possibly hallowed bars, but damage will have to go up)

this summon has 2 forms, mining and attacking by default the summon is on attacking mode, however you can right click to send one of them off to mine the most valuable ore on screen (and not like the metal detector's ore tiers, it won't go after heart crystals over chlorophyte) the summon can hold 5 slots of ores, after it becomes full it will return to you with whatever ores it had mined, dropping them on the ground near you, if not all of it's slots are full it will attempt to fill those slots.

hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
They would have their uses and weaknesses
such as being unable to mine dungeons or the temple, things like that.
Maybe have an upgraded version you craft out of the original so they can mine hardmode ore and have higher tier picks

They would have their uses and weaknesses
such as being unable to mine dungeons or the temple, things like that.
Maybe have an upgraded version you craft out of the original so they can mine hardmode ore and have higher tier picks
That didn't answer my question. If you're pointing your mouse so that you can aim these little buggers, how will you mine yourself?

Maybe their mining power could be equal to the mining power of the highest pickaxe in your inventory, Maybe instead of directing them they seek the type of block you last labeled. Just a couple ideas.

That didn't answer my question. If you're pointing your mouse so that you can aim these little buggers, how will you mine yourself?

I guess the idea is that you are sending them to mine FOR you.
Another way is that you summon them and when you start mining they will mine in the same direction.
Perhaps a way to mine in larger rows, is to summon the miner above you on a platform, and begin mining...
Or after the summon you can mark a route for them to dig?
Or you can direct them while holding down the staff button? Like click-dragging and drawing a shape or line and when you finish you can set them loose and they will dig in that fashion?

I both like and dislike this.

So the good part about this is well, much easier progression. You have a little pickaxe that goes around mining ores, that's great! Mining is as boring as it is.

So the bad part is, it encourages laziness in Terrarians and quite possibly accelerated progression. And where's the early hardmode upgrade? Not only is 8 damage worthless in hardmode, but with that radius, I'd rather use a molten pickaxe and get the ores myself.

And why is it so late in the game? I find it essential to get the first few ores in hardmode. Once you're at adamantite, you could kill the mech bosses, get chlorophyte, and some materials for the desired endgame tier, boom, you're endgame.

Maybe you should balance it and make more upgrades that use certain pickaxes..

Back
Top Bottom