Biomes & Nature Minibiome Expansion: Underground Cabins

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Over 10 new underground minibiomes are going to be introduced in 1.3. Having made a few new minibiomes myself (Safari and Enchanted Forest), I believe that I have found my calling. This project will focus on expanding the minibiomes with new content, enemies, and loot. To start, Underground Cabins. They have always been one of the most noticeable underground minibiomes, and are quite helpful as they contain Gold Chests with special items. But their design is very simple and quite a bit bland. It's time for me to change that.

Copper_Chandelier.png
Structure
Tin_Chandelier.png

---------------------------------------
So, Underground Cabins right now are basically big blocks of Wood. They always have a Gold Chest, and sometimes furniture and statues. So, I'm going to change that. Make these Cabins have different types of rooms in them. Here is a list of all the rooms that I have thought of.
These things only spawn if one of the edges of the Cabin is facing a cave.

Corridor
A long, 3 block tall tunnel with no furniture except Chandeliers. Starts at a cave and ends at the Cabin. Chandelier type: Copper

Entrance Hall
A giant square with equal sides. Chandelier type: Tin

Staircase
Like a Corridor, but slants upwards. Has a small area at the bottom and the top. Chandelier type: Gold
1-3 of these spawn in every cabin.

Living Room
A room with Tables, Chairs and Sofas. Chandelier: Copper

Workshop
A room with crafting stations like Sawmills, Heavy Workbenches, Furnaces, Anvils and Looms. Chandelier: Tungsten

Bar
A room with Bars, Bar Stools, Kegs, Banquet Tables, Fancy Dishes and Mugs. Chandelier: Tin

Bedroom
A room with at least 2 Beds, and possibly a Dresser. Chandelier: Gold

Bathroom
A room with a Sink (when those get added), a Bathtub and a Toilet. Chandelier: Silver
1-2 of these spawn in every cabin.

Statue Room
A room with various Statues. Chandelier: Tungsten

Coin Room
A room with Coin Stashes. Chandelier: Gold

Art Gallery
A room filled with various Paintings. Chandelier: Copper

Painting Exhibition
A room focusing on a single 6x4 painting currently found only in Dungeons. Chandelier: Silver

Library
A room filled with Bookshelves like the ones in the Dungeon. Sometimes you can find a Book of Stars. Chandelier: Tin
The treasure room is the smallest of all the rooms, about as big as a Jungle Shrine currently is. It has a Platinum Chandelier above the Chest, which is now a Planked Chest (aesthetically different, but contains the same loot). On each side of the Chest is a Chest Statue, which is wired to Pressure Plates at the doorstep. This will summon two Mimics to attack you. As always, with the Chest Statues, the Mimics drop no cool items, so this is basically just a trap for you to step on.

Silver_Chandelier.png
Enemies
Tungsten_Chandelier.png

---------------------------------------
Before we begin, I'm going to separate naturally-placed Planked Walls from player-placed ones. The walls will still act like they will placed by the player and drop the Planked Wall item, but the naturally-placed ones spawn enemies.

20 max health
20 damage
4 defense
Fighter AI
Basically, it is an extremely fast enemy who is immune to knockback, but has a tiny amount of health. Likes like a child skeleton with a baseball cap that can be red, yellow, blue or green.
Drops:
- Copper Coin (120)
- Camper Banner (0.5)
40 max health
20 damage
6 defense
Spider AI
Common spawn. It's just a simple spider.
Drops:
- Copper Coin (95)
- Creepy Crawler Banner (0.5%)
500 max health
80 damage
40 defense
Mimic AI
Spawns in Hardmode. Has a few unique drops that are based on Gold Chest loot.
Drops:
- Winged Helmet (25%)
- Band of Heartpower (25%)
- Enchanted Chakram (25%) (1-2)
- Twisted Mirror (25%)
- Mimic Banner (0.5%)

Gold_Chandelier.png
Loot
Platinum_Chandelier.png

---------------------------------
Of course, there is already a bit of chest loot in Underground Cabins already, so there are only really 5 more pieces of loot: The Book of Stars and the Planked Mimic loot. So, without further ado, here they are!

6 magic damage
No knockback
16 use time (Very Fast)
Uses 8 mana
Shoots stars that act like Shurikens, basically making it a downgrade to the Magic Dagger. Trades stats for the ability to fire without consuming items.
Accessory
Summons after-images of yourself while running on the ground. These after-images linger and deal damage based on how fast you are running.
Accessory
Doubles the chance of Hearts dropping from enemies.
27 melee damage
9 knockback
14 use time
Stacks up to 3
Acts like a weaker Light Disc, basically. It can bounce just like them too.
Utility item
Teleports you to a random location in the world, acting like an infinite Teleportation Potion.

Expect more of these in the future, along with a comprehensive portfolio. Peace out!​

Last edited:
Well not bad, I do like to see a better underground house...

Another thing is that underground mini biomes are way to over suggested. But this isn't really one of those, you are just improving one that already exists.

Another thing is that underground mini biomes are way to over suggested. But this isn't really one of those, you are just improving one that already exists.
So? That's like saying "Weapon suggestions are so over suggested".
Overall I really like the idea, as it makes it seem more like a cabin than a fancy cave.

This does seem very interesting, especially with the new drops from Planked Mimics. I support, although I never really considered the Underground Cabins actual mini-biomes, so much as structures you find underground, like Pyramids or Jungle Shrines.

Yeah, this is actually going to be a series! I'll do stuff like Gem Caves, Shrines, Living Tree roots, and Pyramids, and then I'll continue after 1.3.
So? That's like saying "Weapon suggestions are so over suggested".
Overall I really like the idea, as it makes it seem more like a cabin than a fancy cave.
Agreed about minibiomes. I've created a few here and there, and personally, with the massive amount of Stone and Dirt in the Cavern Layer, I think there's more than enough room. And still, sometimes there aren't any Beehives in a world, that's what they could do if the underground becomes too cluttered.
This does seem very interesting, especially with the new drops from Planked Mimics. I support, although I never really considered the Underground Cabins actual mini-biomes, so much as structures you find underground, like Pyramids or Jungle Shrines.
They're not, really. But anything underground that's not the norm I consider a minibiome. They have the same premise anyway.

Except THERE is a whole forum category directed to it -_-. Why is it that we always pick a fight with each other? Okay, dasit. Ignore button here I come.
Now hang on, please, I'd rather this not turn personal. It is just that minibiome and weapons are both general terms, and can cover a wide range of topics. I rather enjoy talking to you, as you make some valid points, and would rather not have it be forced to be an ignore. :) My apoligies for my harsher comments, life has sorta gotten me down a lot Lately.

looks pretty cool! 2 things though:

1. make the current underground cabins still spawn, and make these new cabins seperate from them. i want them both!

2. where did you hear about 10 new minibiomes? i heard new minibiomes were going to be added, but i never heard a specific number.

looks pretty cool! 2 things though:

1. make the current underground cabins still spawn, and make these new cabins seperate from them. i want them both!

2. where did you hear about 10 new minibiomes? i heard new minibiomes were going to be added, but i never heard a specific number.
@Pedguin made a video where Cenx aid that in the chat, I think.

LOL! I was a comic book nerd too once. But the helmet was based on Hermes first, which was what I was going for. :p

Anyway, what do you think of the idea?
Yeah, I love it! Mini biomes were always one of my favourite parts of exploring, just finding something in the middle of a cave! I also completely forgot about Hermes and Greek Mythology!:p

you said that the corridor is 3 blocks WIDE.
what? that's too short to be a corridor. i think you meant 3 blocks tall

Back
Top Bottom