Minimalist playthrough questions - start with as few blocks as possible

alveola

Terrarian
Recently I watched crabbars attempt to complete the game with only 25 dirt blocks and a tree. I had to try this thing out, and see if anything should be added, or removed, to make it as fun as possible.

Among the things I tried was rebuilding deserts and oceans from a single sand block. This should be possible if an antlion spawns on it, since you can create unlimited sand from its projectiles, and later craft sand gun for even easier sand farming. The problem - couldn't make an antlion spawn at all. I tried with 1 to 5 blocks - made a tiny island in the sky, then went offscreen to see if anything spawned. Vultures are spawning just fine, but so far no antlions. Seems like vultures don't need desert biome at all. But do antlions?

Related question is Anglers spawn. Couldn't make him spawn on dirt at the edges of the world. Going to try to fill the edge with water to see it this helps, but maybe the lack of sand is actually an issue there. Skyblock playthrough mostly turns Terraria into a fishing simulator, so Anglers rewards are quite essential.

Update: seems like water must be on sand for Angler to spawn. Almost immedeatly arrived as soon as i did so.

Back
Top Bottom