1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Minimap is disabling itself?

Discussion in 'PC Technical Support' started by Wisp, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Wisp

Wisp Skeletron Prime

This is something that has bothered me for a while, whenever I enable the minimap, then join a world, the minimap won't appear, then I go back to settings, & it says minimap disabled. Any help?

2. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r Lead Developer Re-Logic

Hmph, it sounds like an issue of the options not saving at all.
    Would you mind trying to change a hotkey (such as quick mana button) to another hotkey, then hit "back" until you're in the main menu, quit , start Terraria again, and check if the key remained with the change?
    If it did not, then please check your permissions over Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\config.dat

3. Confitz4

Confitz4 Terrarian

I have had the same problem for months. I tried your advice, and it did save the changes to the hotkeys, but the map remained disabled.

"Would you mind trying to change a hotkey (such as quick mana button) to another hotkey, then hit "back" until you're in the main menu, quit , start Terraria again, and check if the key remained with the change?"

I don't know if it helps, but the map can be enabled/disabled until I enter a game, at which point I exit to return to the main menu to fix it, and it will not be enabled.
    Any help is appreciated!

4. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Master of Ravens

Might also be that you have them in READ ONLY, remove that and you should be golden.

5. Wisp

Wisp Skeletron Prime

The hotkey wouldn't save, so I changed the config data to "Read and write", I then did the same thing, but the hotkey still didn't save :/
    might I also add that whenever I start, it asks me to chose a language though i have already done so. :/

6. TerrorPenguin

TerrorPenguin Spazmatism

this is a very strange problem but since i cant help i would just try right clicking on your game in steam clicking delete local content (you don't need to back up the game it doesn't remove your worlds or players) and then downloading it again

7. Wisp

Wisp Skeletron Prime

done this a countless # of times. it dun work :(

8. Marcus101RR

Marcus101RR Master of Ravens

What does the file say as a last modified date or even when it last was edited? If it doesn't show a recent date, that means its write protected.

9. Confitz4

Confitz4 Terrarian

If I create a new player and world, the map does not appear, but I can enable it when I return to the main menu (I cannot do this with previously made characters/maps). I tried deleting a character to get rid of the bug(?) but it still disables itself. I should mention that all of the map options are disabled (full screen, etc.) if that changes anything. Lastly, why isn't this an in game option???? I can't think of anything else like this that can't be changed in game :/ Looking for any ideas at this point