Xbox One Minimap resetting

HighSinBerg

Terrarian
I am playing on console (Xbox one). I am a good 50 hours in on the world I mainly play in. I am post golem at this point. When I come home from work and load my world to play, the minimap is completely blacked out again. EVERY TIME. auto save has always been on. It’s really incomvenient as I had about 50 percent of the map uncovered on a large map.

I’ve had it happen a lot too, usually after exploring large sections of my world (just one too). Then it won’t save it anymore unless I load it with some other character.

How often is this occurring? Every time you turn it off?

i have the same issue.
first it only happened once every week. the last month it happened more frequently, like very 2-3 days. I have already downloaded the new patch yesterday on xbox in hopes it woud help, but now it doesnt save progress of the map at all anymore.

i have the same issue.
first it only happened once every week. the last month it happened more frequently, like very 2-3 days. I have already downloaded the new patch yesterday on xbox in hopes it woud help, but now it doesnt save progress of the map at all anymore.
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Terraria?

I'm seeing the same issue. Once it happened three times in a row. But it hasn't happened lately. I haven't figured out what the common factor is. So far it has only happened on a large expert-mode world.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Terraria?
Yes. I have reinstalled several times.
I also have deleted the local save file. Redowloaded it from Xbox live.
Hard resetted the Xbox.
Tried on different Xbox (same issues)

Since this latest patch I also have extreme frame rate stutters and had 2 crashes after it froze from stuttering with the same result that the map reset.

Yes. I have reinstalled several times.
I also have deleted the local save file. Redowloaded it from Xbox live.
Hard resetted the Xbox.
Tried on different Xbox (same issues)

Since this latest patch I also have extreme frame rate stutters and had 2 crashes after it froze from stuttering with the same result that the map reset.
Please fill out a support ticket here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html use as much detail as possible.

My brother and i found a pattern for one cause of the world map reset
When playing splitscreen local multiplayer, if the host saves and exits before other players leave their most recently played worlds are reset. Every. Time. Its also only their most recently played world on that particular character. We think it might have something to do with that bug that used to overwrite worlds? We think the same sort of thing is happening with the map data. Like its trying to save the hosts data over your own and either corrupting or just replacing yours with an unusable file.

My brother and i found a pattern for one cause of the world map reset
When playing splitscreen local multiplayer, if the host saves and exits before other players leave their most recently played worlds are reset. Every. Time. Its also only their most recently played world on that particular character. We think it might have something to do with that bug that used to overwrite worlds? We think the same sort of thing is happening with the map data. Like its trying to save the hosts data over your own and either corrupting or just replacing yours with an unusable file.
Interesting. So this is something that you can replicate 100% of the time? Does it erase ONE world’s map progress (whatever world the non-host was previously on). Or does it erase more than one?

Interesting. So this is something that you can replicate 100% of the time? Does it erase ONE world’s map progress (whatever world the non-host was previously on). Or does it erase more than one?
Yes! And it is just the most recently played world.
Tested it with a brand new world and new character, it happened for them and on that most recently played world. Loaded a different character and they still had the map. Loaded both characters on a different world that was NOT the most recently played and all map info was still there. This one we already reported on the bug link.

Yes! And it is just the most recently played world.
Tested it with a brand new world and new character, it happened for them and on that most recently played world. Loaded a different character and they still had the map. Loaded both characters on a different world that was NOT the most recently played and all map info was still there. This one we already reported on the bug link.
That’s great to hear that you already reported it using the developers’ bug report link (for those that may not know, it’s here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html)

This could help out a lot of people if it can be a workaround. Thanks for the info @eeearnest.

Back
Top Bottom