Buy it later?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Psiikers

Terrarian
I only have a shotgun and the weapon you get from the shadow orbs plus a bow and arrow right now. Is it worth buying the minishark right now to get the megashark? Or should i wait to buy the megashark later in game when i have more gold? Also in prehard mode about to fight Skeletron then kill WoF.

I mean, I guess you can get it now, but IMO I never really found it helpful because there there are there much better weapons to use in pre-hardmode ie: Star Cannon, Night's edge, flamarang, etc. Flamarang is your best bet to kill skeletron relatively easy right now. Also, use beenades on the WoF (you get beenades from queen bee). They're really helpful against it!

I mean, I guess you can get it now, but IMO I never really found it helpful because there there are there much better weapons to use in pre-hardmode ie: Star Cannon, Night's edge, flamarang, etc. Flamarang is your best bet to kill skeletron relatively easy right now. Also, use beenades on the WoF (you get beenades from queen bee). They're really helpful against it!
You know i guess i can go get it right now due to the fact that im also preparing for WoF and hard mode but is it safe for me to go to hell? I already have 400 health btw.

You know i guess i can go get it right now due to the fact that im also preparing for WoF and hard mode but is it safe for me to go to hell? I already have 400 health btw.

Make sure you have shadow armor, a hook, and some spectre boots (boots and hook make navigation safer). It is really worth going right now because you can get helpful weapons to kill skeletron like the imp staff, flower of fire, and demon scythe. Be careful of voodoo demons, though! If the guide voodoo doll falls in the lava the WoF will awaken!

EDIT: Just remembered you can't open chests without shadows keys (found in the dungeon). You can still get the imp staff and demon scythe, though.

Well, minishark is part of Star Cannon's crafting recipe (along with a bunch of meteorite bars).

Minishark is generally pretty nice (if you have those spare coins), but, as you may know, becomes obsolete pretty much the moment you enter hardmode, so you'd want to upgrade it to megashark as soon as possible.

Well, minishark is part of Star Cannon's crafting recipe (along with a bunch of meteorite bars).

Minishark is generally pretty nice (if you have those spare coins), but, as you may know, becomes obsolete pretty much the moment you enter hardmode, so you'd want to upgrade it to megashark as soon as possible.
Is there any point if im just going to go full out mage( summoner at late game)?

Derp, I forgot about that. I'd also like to say it takes some time before getting a megashark. You have to get better armor and better weapons before you kill the destroyer. I only use the minishark for star cannons and megasharks :p.

Derp, I forgot about that. I'd also like to say it takes some time before getting a megashark. You have to get better armor and better weapons before you kill the destroyer. I only use the minishark for star cannons and megasharks :p.
But is there any point if my aim is for purely magic weapons? I want to use magic since guns/swords don't do it for me

ok, then probably not, if you are aiming far magic, although some other weapons do help, waterbolt will get you through!
Oh! Thanks I killed Skeletron and will be going into the dungeon to find water bolt and to try to kill skeletron again for his boss weapon. I'll craft stuff like ichor spell later~ c:

Oh! Thanks I killed Skeletron and will be going into the dungeon to find water bolt and to try to kill skeletron again for his boss weapon. I'll craft stuff like ichor spell later~ c:
If you happen to come across shadow keys in the dungeon, make sure you travel to the underworld and take a look in shadow chests. You can find mage weapons like flower of fire and flamelashes. Demons also have a chance of dropping a demon scythe spell!

If you happen to come across shadow keys in the dungeon, make sure you travel to the underworld and take a look in shadow chests. You can find mage weapons like flower of fire and flamelashes. Demons also have a chance of dropping a demon scythe spell!
Found two already :D I uhm.. have a large world.. should i do hell in a small world? My large world is for building stuff

Found two already :D I uhm.. have a large world.. should i do hell in a small world? My large world is for building stuff
Just do hell in your world so you don't have to keep switching worlds to go to hell. Make a hellavator (a tunnel that goes straight down to hell) for convenience. Also, I'm pretty sure there are more shadow chests in large worlds.

yeah, probably. I personally use medium or large, but I have a brother. :joy:
Just do hell in your world so you don't have to keep switching worlds to go to hell. Make a hellavator (a tunnel that goes straight down to hell) for convenience. Also, I'm pretty sure there are more shadow chests in large worlds.
Thanks! I got into hardmode using minigun but mostly phoenix blaster and my summoned imp. :D

Back
Top Bottom