Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hello there! Recently, while messing with some Journey Mode features, I discovered that if you exit out of your inventory while holding down left click on a slider, that slider will be set to its highest value the next time you open your Power Menu. This is most visible with rain: no matter what is shown as the value, if you are still "in control" of the slider when you leave your inventory, opening the Power Menu again will result in an instant monsoon (difficulty would be set to Master, wind to 40 mph west, etc., depending on the setting you were initially changing.) Since this an inventory/menu related issue, I should note that autopause and multiplayer do not seem to affect this minor bug.
That explanation may be a little bit confusing, so I'll gladly offer clarification if needed. :)

I've been getting this since 1.4 release. I trigger it maybe once every few play sessions. It 's kind of jarring when spawn rate sneaks up to x10 seemingly out of nowhere lol. Just like you said though I've also had the rain stuck on for probably two full in-game day cycles before realizing something was up, and I've found my default expert mode bumped up to Master when I didn't intend it.

I actually just registered and got on here to see if anyone else was having this issue.

Maybe that explains why once I had my world set to Master Mode somehow. And I thought at the time that the developers had boosted Eye of Cthulhu's AI, hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom