PC Minor Stuttering (PC)

PAGIC

Terrarian
Hello guys, I'm new here in the forums, so please have a bit of patience. I am having a problem, not only with Terraria, but more specifically every game that has like "low requirements" or even "pixelated graphics" like Loop Hero for example, where I'm getting some small stutterings - like split second freeze/frame drop - or even sometimes it freezes for a bit longer like a full second or 2. I dont remember it happening on "higher requirements" games like Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dark Souls 3, Sekiro (of which Dragon Age had very long loading times, but the others were fine). The issue usually happens when I'm "loading" stuff - like enemies, biomes, etc - it kinda of doesnt happen as often after i've played for a while (but still happens). I have already tried the following:

-changed in-game settings (pretty much all of them), like frame skip on, off, subtle
-changed both affinity and priority
-reinstalled terraria
-changed installation directory from HDD to SSD
-reinstalled windows (clean install from zero)
-messed with nvidia control panel settings
-installed OEM drivers (later I updated them again, since OEM wasn't working as well anymore)

I was also reading another thread about this issue (here PC - Terraria micro stutter), but I also don't know much about PC's or what should i do to fix the problem (like what hardware/software i should change, etc).

I'm running a notebook Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43), which is supposedly better than my old notebook (which didnt have this problem and would run Terraria smoothly), and also is better than my desktop (which also runs Terraria smoothly). It is quite annoying honestly, not only for Terraria, but for a lot of other applications i have lower-than-expected performance. Here are some of the notebook specs (sorry if they show in Portuguese - i live in Brazil - but i can translate if needed):

cpuz1.PNG
cpuz2.PNG
cpuz3.PNG
cpuz4.PNG
cpuz5.PNG
cpuz6.PNG
cpuz7.PNG
dxdiag1.PNG
dxdiag2.PNG

dxdiag3.PNG

I would like to point out that this notebook came with Endless OS installed, the first thing i did was install Windows instead. Also i dont know if its clear, but it has 8GB of RAM, however only 6GB is available since 2GB is reserved for AMD GPU (at least i think it is for the GPU).

I also use this notebook for college programs like Autodesk applications, and i see lower performance on them compared to my old notebook.

Last edited:
Wave quality - Toggle OFF, Then restart the game! Just try it! I also have solved my problem with 30 FPS random Lock.That setting is so CPU Intensive/unoptimised.Unfortunately,the game uses only 1 core of your CPU.I hate that optimisation

Last edited:
Wave quality - Toggle OFF, Then restart the game! Just try it! I also have solved my problem with 30 FPS random Lock.That setting is so CPU Intensive/unoptimised.Unfortunately,the game uses only 1 core of your CPU.I hate that optimisation
I already tried that, didnt work.

Back
Top Bottom