Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I'm building myself a small faux biome for my Cavern Town, and noticed a visual bug when making myself a palette. I had been using gray painted Stardust Bricks and Stardust Fragment Blocks to cause the cavern to glow, and I wanted to see if I could vary up the texture a bit by comparing the other Lunar Bricks when painted gray as well. I was fairly pleased with the Fragment Blocks, but the Bricks behaved differently. Vortex, Solar and Nebula Bricks all continue to give off their glow color even when painted gray; but Stardust Bricks do not give off blue light.

I'm not sure which is the correct behavior: the Stardust Bricks for accepting their paint fully or the Vortex et al for shining through. But I have to imagine that the odd-man-out behavior here is a bug.

I went back and took a second screenshot because it looked like the colors bleed through a tiny bit even on the Fragment Blocks, but it's *much* more subdued even though the Blocks produce *much* more light than the Bricks do.

Capture 2020-06-24 14_21_00.png

Attachments

• Capture 2020-06-24 14_03_05.png
    Capture 2020-06-24 14_03_05.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 131
I think stardust give off a more "white" light than blue, based on a build I did with fragment blocks for ambient lighting.

I did notice subtle differences in painting stardust bricks too when building, I couldn't tell you quite how other than they seemed more "normal" than the rest.

Back
Top Bottom