Items Matter Manipulator (Hamdrax), Architect Rod, Sponge Bucket, Phantom Palette, & More

JamesDNaux

Terrarian
Matter Manipulator - Drill.png
Matter Manipulator - Chainsaw.png
Matter Manipulator - Jackhammer.png

Matter Manipulator
[Crafted with the Laser Drill, Butcher's Chainsaw, Chlorophyte Jackhammer, and Luminite Bars]

230% Pickaxe Power, 230% Axe Power, 230% Hammer Power, Very Fast Speed

Right click to cycle between drill, axe, and hammer modes. Extends to reach your cursor position up to 20 tiles.

Architect Rod.png

Architect Wand
[Crafted with: Living Wood Wand, Leaf Wand, Living Mahogany Wand, Mahogany Leaf Wand, Hive Wand, Bone Wand, and some Hallowed Bars]
'Why carry many stick when one stick do trick?'

A multipurpose tool, the topmost material in your inventory will be placed, like the Rubblemaker. Right click to change between wood and leaves.

Sponge Bucket - Water.png
Sponge Bucket - Honey.png
Sponge Bucket - Lava.png
Sponge Bucket - Shimmer.png
Sponge Bucket - Empty.png

Sponge Bucket
[Crafted with: Bottomless Water Bucket, Bottomless Honey Bucket, Bottomless Lava Bucket, Bottomless Shimmer Bucket, and Ultra Absorbent Sponge]

'Don't drop it!'

The ultimate liquid tool, right click to cycle between water, honey, lava, shimmer, and empty (sponge).

Phantom Pallete - Brush.png
Phantom Pallete - Roller.png
Phantom Pallete - Scraper.png

Phantom Palette
[Crafted with: Paint Sprayer, Spectre Paintbrush, Spectre Paint Roller, and Spectre Paint Scraper]

'Let's paint some happy little Terrarians'

Right click to cycle between brush, roller, and scraper. In addition, having the Phantom Palette in your inventory gives you the auto-paint option.

Magic Paint Menu.png
Magic Paint.png
Magic Paint Menu - Deep.png

Magic Paint
[Throw a bucket of paint into shimmer after beating the Moon Lord]

'Don't try tasting this rainbow'

A bucket of never-ending paint. Right click to open a menu to select a paint type, click the middle to switch between normal and deep paints.
New paints and coatings:
Deep Brown Paint
- A deep variant of brown paint.
Light Paint - The opposite of shadow paint, makes objects pure white (doesn't glow).
Negative Coating - Now made into a coating to be used in conjunction with other paints.
Reflective Coating - A new coating that makes objects shinier, similar to reflective dye.

Rails
[Crafted from Iron or Lead]

'Not safe for grinding'

Places similar to minecart tracks but also stacks vertically to make thin poles, blends into platforms (like rope) so there's no awkward gap in them.

Dynasty Shingle Walls
[Crafted from Dynasty Shingles]

Another oddly missing thing, walls that match the shingle blocks would make for greater depth in roof builds.

Mechanics/Reworks

Guide to Nature Mastery
[Crafted with Guide to Peaceful Coexistence and Guide to Plant Fiber Cordage]

Active State: Prevents you from destroying plants and killing critters.
Inactive State: Lets you kill critters and destroy plants, collecting vine ropes from vines.

Shellphone
While already a fantastic item, having it in your inventory should also let you warp to any pylon via the map.

Hand of Creation
Add the Toolbelt and Toolbox to its recipe and their respective effects to the item.

Last edited:
I liked most of your ideas, but some of the start were suggested so much times before that I can't remember, even I have suggested them before. Aditionally, some don't have a real purpose if there's already something that does what it does. And there are other ideas that simply can't enter in the game because of the game's code. It won't let.

A Zenith for a Laser Hamdrax???? DCU???? That's so overkill...
I think the Voodoo Doll should just allow you to hurt a random NPC. Effect shouldn't kill all NPCs.

I liked most of your ideas, but some of the start were suggested so much times before that I can't remember, even I have suggested them before. Aditionally, some don't have a real purpose if there's already something that does what it does. And there are other ideas that simply can't enter in the game because of the game's code. It won't let.
Thanks! Guess it's inevitable for repeat ideas to pop up, but I tried to put my own spin on things.
Which ones don't have a purpose or are impossible to add? Echo paint?
A Zenith for a Laser Hamdrax???? DCU???? That's so overkill...
I think the Voodoo Doll should just allow you to hurt a random NPC. Effect shouldn't kill all NPCs.
Edited the recipe.
For the Voodoo Doll, only dropping it in lava kills every NPC, equipping it would let you kill any of them individually.
Come to think of it, an option to spawn or kill NPCs in Journey mode would be more optimal, though a generic voodoo doll would still be useful outside of it.

Last edited:
Thanks! Guess it's inevitable for repeat ideas to pop up, but I tried to put my own spin on things.
Which ones don't have a purpose or are impossible to add? Echo paint?
With not having a purpose, I meant that if you made the Echo paint the block would have no purpose, because you could just use any block painted with that color. Plus, the paint could be used in walls, platforms and furniture, which would make the block totally useless. But, on the other hand, what if they made the corresponding wall and platform for that block?
Aditionally, it was alrrady said before that it is impossible to put new paints to the game because of the game's code that made it have a top number. And this number is sadly small, and got reached. Now that they put the illuminant paint we can't have more paints, and it's very sad for Terrarians.
Another thing is that many mods I know put the Architect Staff (with different names and sprites) in the game, with the same functionality.
The Bucket and the sponge were suggested a million times including me but the Devs don't hear me.
The Moon, could have a different look to me, but the concept is neat. (I mean, not being a moon at all)

I didn't understand the Phantom Palette, what does it mean?
Creative shocker, wheather machines, lava fountains, honey fountains, and the voodoo doll are totally ok to me, they would make the game great.
About the utility bag, I don't like to mix fishing with building. You do one or the other, separatedly. But I like the idea of having all building accessories in one equip.
All the other things that come after that are completely ok and aproved by me.
That's it.

With not having a purpose, I meant that if you made the Echo paint the block would have no purpose, because you could just use any block painted with that color. Plus, the paint could be used in walls, platforms and furniture, which would make the block totally useless. But, on the other hand, what if they made the corresponding wall and platform for that block?
Aditionally, it was alrrady said before that it is impossible to put new paints to the game because of the game's code that made it have a top number. And this number is sadly small, and got reached. Now that they put the illuminant paint we can't have more paints, and it's very sad for Terrarians.
Another thing is that many mods I know put the Architect Staff (with different names and sprites) in the game, with the same functionality.
The Bucket and the sponge were suggested a million times including me but the Devs don't hear me.
The Moon, could have a different look to me, but the concept is neat. (I mean, not being a moon at all)

I didn't understand the Phantom Palette, what does it mean?
Creative shocker, wheather machines, lava fountains, honey fountains, and the voodoo doll are totally ok to me, they would make the game great.
About the utility bag, I don't like to mix fishing with building. You do one or the other, separatedly. But I like the idea of having all building accessories in one equip.
All the other things that come after that are completely ok and aproved by me.
That's it.
Huh, I had no idea there was a paint limit, that's really unfortunate. Echo walls and platforms would be the best alternative then, but it still wouldn't help to hide mechanisms and the like. I don't think the echo paint would make the block useless either, it's still there if you want to not use paint, that's kinda like saying red team blocks are pointless because we have red paint. Hopefully they can surpass the paint and liquid limit in Terraria 2...

The Phantom Palette is like the Grand Design but with paint, not such an original idea either, but with echo paint I had folded in the Spectre Goggle's ability to it to make echo painting easier, but I guess that's bust if there's a paint limit. What a weird limitation, I wonder if echo paint could get around that limitation since it's not really colouring anything but just removing the sprite.

I thought of the Utility Bag as an all-in-one non-combat accessory, though it wouldn't be missing much without the tackle bag, note taken.

Huh, I had no idea there was a paint limit, that's really unfortunate. Echo walls and platforms would be the best alternative then, but it still wouldn't help to hide mechanisms and the like.
Yes, I was thinking about this... It would be more interesting to have every thing of the game painted with that than just having a block, a wall and a paint with that ability. Plus, some blocks give you "Buffs" or "Debuffs", like Honey block, Asphalt block, Ice block, Frozen slime block, Pink slime block, Cloud block, Rain cloud (for rain effect), Snow cloud (for snow effect), Bubble block, falling blocks in general (for making invisible traps), Thin ice, Cobwebs, Traps, Hot/fire blocks, and blocks that emit light. So we are losing a lot of good things, and possibilities.
I don't think the echo paint would make the block useless either, it's still there if you want to not use paint, that's kinda like saying red team blocks are pointless because we have red paint.
To me it makes. And there are other red blocks so that doesn't make sense because being invisible is something very different than having some color.
Hopefully they can surpass the paint and liquid limit in Terraria 2...
I was going to say that... Let's hope they make this game, and better than the original, with the same graphics, of course, because Otherworld was a real trash to me.
The Phantom Palette is like the Grand Design but with paint, not such an original idea either, but with echo paint I had folded in the Spectre Goggle's ability to it to make echo painting easier, but I guess that's bust if there's a paint limit.
Yeah, not that much original, but it's better than nothing. It lose some of its proposit of existence because without echo paint, the echo glasses are.. Somewhat useless there in the recipe, I think. So it would, make the entire recipe useless. Lol. It would be better to make the Spectre Goggles go in the Architect Gizmo Pack's tree.
What a weird limitation, I wonder if echo paint could get around that limitation since it's not really colouring anything but just removing the sprite.
Yeah, really weird. I didn't believe that at the first time someone said that to me, but it's real. Just 32 paint slots is a :red: for a sandbox game. They really should make it possible to have as much paints as there are dyes, plus more variety in other colors that make things natural, like tones of browns, grays, blues, and greens. Maybe some color of sand would be great.
I thought of the Utility Bag as an all-in-one non-combat accessory, though it wouldn't be missing much without the tackle bag, note taken.
Yeah, I think it would be better making them separated with each one having a crafting tree. Let me make a tree for builder's accessories.

The Labor of Love updated actually added a few of the ideas I had in various ways and also introduced new mechanics, so I revised my remaining ideas. Here's hoping some of these can make it into the next final final final update!

Back
Top Bottom