tModLoader Miscellania

Some of you may know that I'm working on a big project called the Elerium Mod. Now a lot of my new ideas (including the Gaster Blaster which I spoiled a while back) are going into that mod instead.

Now I need to know: is it okay to merge Miscellania into Elerium? Or should this stay as a separate mod?

Note that I probably won't add any more content to Miscellania (at least in the near future).:( But I will keep it updated for the newest tModLoader versions if you don't want it to be merged with Elerium.

Why not both? I think it'd do fine in Elerium, but I don't think everyone will want it, but they may still want Miscellania.

Gotta say, loving this mod so far!

Just curious though; as I've yet to see any kinda Gaster Blaster in the other mod, will that go here instead? I'm all for more references!

Secondly, while I'm thinking about it; any chance you could make a post-Moon Lord crafting recipe for a better Spear of Justice? Maybe some kinda Undying Spear( of Justice) with more damage and crit, faster firing rate, bit less mana, etc.? I'm using the Calamity Mod and think that'd be great for if I wanna be Undying as I kill post-Moon Lord things.

EDIT: Third idea! I was wondering if I could talk with you about some ideas I had for accessories that could be put into a mod, but I have like, no coding knowledge.

Last edited:
Just curious though; as I've yet to see any kinda Gaster Blaster in the other mod, will that go here instead? I'm all for more references!
If people don't want this to be merged with Elerium, then I could move it to Miscellania. Otherwise, the Blaster is going to that other mod.
Secondly, while I'm thinking about it; any chance you could make a post-Moon Lord crafting recipe for a better Spear of Justice? Maybe some kinda Undying Spear( of Justice) with more damage and crit, faster firing rate, bit less mana, etc.? I'm using the Calamity Mod and think that'd be great for if I wanna be Undying as I kill post-Moon Lord things.
I could make an upgrade, but I'm not sure if I want to make it post-ML. There are enough weapons as it is (Moon Lord drops + Pillar items). But I could make it very late Hardmode, probably post-Golem.

Third idea! I was wondering if I could talk with you about some ideas I had for accessories that could be put into a mod, but I have like, no coding knowledge.
Sure! You can talk about them here if you want. I'm open to ideas.

If people don't want this to be merged with Elerium, then I could move it to Miscellania. Otherwise, the Blaster is going to that other mod.

I could make an upgrade, but I'm not sure if I want to make it post-ML. There are enough weapons as it is (Moon Lord drops + Pillar items). But I could make it very late Hardmode, probably post-Golem.

Sure! You can talk about them here if you want. I'm open to ideas.

Awesome! Thank ya very much; I love the Spear, but hate how it seems to fall off later on. I'd also say, in addition to the above, make it so the extra spears it spawn either home in, or are faster to collide with the enemy.

Secondly! I had the idea of combining some of the necklace accessories together; Panic Necklace + Cross Necklace = Escape Plan! +50% movespeed when hit, plus the enhanced invincibility frames. Potentially even add in the Shark Tooth Necklace for the armor pen, as that accessory needs some love too.

Another one: Horseshoe Balloon Bundle! ... It baffles me why they haven't made it so you can attach a Golden Horseshoe to a Bundle of Balloons. Let's fix that together!

Last one, this time a weapon, and another reference: 'Super-Cool Regular Attack': An upgrade of the Bone Glove that throws even better bones, and has a chance to throw 3-4× size bones! Souls of Might and a Bone Wand. Papyrus reference. Custom bone-thrown graphics to look like the ones in the game. 'Nyeh-heh-heh!'

I'd also say, in addition to the above, make it so the extra spears it spawn either home in, or are faster to collide with the enemy.

Secondly! I had the idea of combining some of the necklace accessories together; Panic Necklace + Cross Necklace = Escape Plan! +50% movespeed when hit, plus the enhanced invincibility frames. Potentially even add in the Shark Tooth Necklace for the armor pen, as that accessory needs some love too.

Another one: Horseshoe Balloon Bundle! ... It baffles me why they haven't made it so you can attach a Golden Horseshoe to a Bundle of Balloons. Let's fix that together!
Okay, I can do that.

Last one, this time a weapon, and another reference: 'Super-Cool Regular Attack': An upgrade of the Bone Glove that throws even better bones, and has a chance to throw 3-4× size bones! Souls of Might and a Bone Wand. Papyrus reference. Custom bone-thrown graphics to look like the ones in the game. 'Nyeh-heh-heh!'
I'm not going to do this one, because that item is 100% going to be in Elerium. I did decide that the Gaster Blaster summon will move to Miscellania though.

Okay, I can do that.

I'm not going to do this one, because that item is 100% going to be in Elerium. I did decide that the Gaster Blaster summon will move to Miscellania though.
Awesoooome! I am so excited to see them, then! I'd suggest a golden heart necklace for the 'Escape Plan', or perhaps name it 'The Locket' instead if we can stack references in. Will it come with a graphic for when you wear it?

Awesoooome! I am so excited to see them, then! I'd suggest a golden heart necklace for the 'Escape Plan', or perhaps name it 'The Locket' instead if we can stack references in. Will it come with a graphic for when you wear it?

What about perhaps making it use the Sweetheart Necklace instead of just the Panic Necklace, since the Locket says "Best Friends Forever", of course? (And also because I would be irrationally bothered by not having that extra bit of functionality even though it's basically useless by Hardmode anyways)

What about perhaps making it use the Sweetheart Necklace instead of just the Panic Necklace, since the Locket says "Best Friends Forever", of course? (And also because I would be irrationally bothered by not having that extra bit of functionality even though it's basically useless by Hardmode anyways)
Because, IMO, the Honey Comb is a useless item from start to finish. If you can kill the Queen Bee, a moderately-difficult early-game boss, with an empty accessory slot, there are much better things to put in there than something that releases 1-2 damage bursts of bees.

That's just me though.

personally, I think you should keep updating this mod until Elerium is released. Then if people really hate elerium, just make sure this mod stays playable.

Just curious; if you're working on this currently, any ETA? If not, I understand. Just super-excited. ^-^

Just curious; if you're working on this currently, any ETA? If not, I understand. Just super-excited. ^-^
I am working on this, but I don't have an ETA just yet.
The AI for the Gaster Blaster is done, but I need to come up with an item that summons it (maybe some of you can help? no puns, please).
I will add a new spear, new accessories which were suggested, as well as one more idea that I have in mind.

I am working on this, but I don't have an ETA just yet.
The AI for the Gaster Blaster is done, but I need to come up with an item that summons it (maybe some of you can help? no puns, please).
I will add a new spear, new accessories which were suggested, as well as one more idea that I have in mind.
I recently found out that Thorium added in something similar; you use something that looks similar to Sans' skull, and three Blasters appear behind you before firing off. Maybe make it into a small version of his skull?

... Or maybe make it into a Terraria-esque WingDing. Who knows~

I recently found out that Thorium added in something similar; you use something that looks similar to Sans' skull, and three Blasters appear behind you before firing off. Maybe make it into a small version of his skull?

... Or maybe make it into a Terraria-esque WingDing. Who knows~
I saw Thorium's skull, and I don't want to copy that.
I could call it the Skeletal Wand?

Why not a necromancer like item theme? As though a necromancer summoned it, but failed to control it and now it's gone berserk.

Necromancer's Hand? Phylactery? >> Necromancer's Phylactery (Break this open and you're gonna have a bad day). Shape could be a silver necklace and a jewel pendant?

Why not a necromancer like item theme? As though a necromancer summoned it, but failed to control it and now it's gone berserk.

Necromancer's Hand? Phylactery? >> Necromancer's Phylactery (Break this open and you're gonna have a bad day). Shape could be a silver necklace and a jewel pendant?
I'd like to make it a Staff weapon since the Gaster Blaster is a summon, not a pet. And it uses the mech color palette so if I went with a necromancer's theme I'd probably have to resprite it.

Thank you for your suggestions; I think I'll call it the "Karma Staff".

After some discussions with the Elerium team, we decided that Miscellania will merge into Elerium when it's released.
Until then, I will update this mod for new versions of tModLoader. Sorry if that disappoints anybody.

The Gaster Blaster is coming to Miscellania soon.

Back
Top Bottom