tModLoader Miscellania

WHAT!? But then I can't run this mod with other big mods without it taking even longer to load on my computer, alongside the fact this works great as a standalone mod to add into already-modded Terraria games!

WHAT!? But then I can't run this mod with other big mods without it taking even longer to load on my computer, alongside the fact this works great as a standalone mod to add into already-modded Terraria games!
The thing is, Miscellania is a really small mod without much content.
I want to add more stuff to the game, but then we have to decide if my ideas should go to Elerium or to Miscellania. It will be easier for me to work on one mod at a time.
And trust me, Elerium will be worth it.

The thing is, Miscellania is a really small mod without much content.
I want to add more stuff to the game, but then we have to decide if my ideas should go to Elerium or to Miscellania. It will be easier for me to work on one mod at a time.
And trust me, Elerium will be worth it.
That still raises the problem of people that want one singular big mod installed at a time. Elerium is gonna be big, but what if people want Thorium or Calamity instead but don't wanna combine both mods in one world?

That still raises the problem of people that want one singular big mod installed at a time. Elerium is gonna be big, but what if people want Thorium or Calamity instead but don't wanna combine both mods in one world?
I know that this is a problem. But I don't have too much time for modding these days, so it's gonna be hard to support two mods at once. Besides, Miscellania is really small (literally has 7 items).

I know that this is a problem. But I don't have too much time for modding these days, so it's gonna be hard to support two mods at once. Besides, Miscellania is really small (literally has 7 items).
And that's what's so good about it! Small mods are great, 'cause they can go into any other mod without messing things up!

... Bleh. Guess I'll have to find some other mod, then. Best of luck.

OK, we've changed the plan.
Miscellania will live on, however I won't add any combat content into it. That kind of stuff will go to Elerium. However, I will add the Gaster Blaster, the Undyne spear upgrade and the Necklace since I promised that earlier.
The Blaster will also appear in Elerium, but it will be implemented a bit differently.

OK, we've changed the plan.
Miscellania will live on, however I won't add any combat content into it. That kind of stuff will go to Elerium. However, I will add the Gaster Blaster, the Undyne spear upgrade and the Necklace since I promised that earlier.
The Blaster will also appear in Elerium, but it will be implemented a bit differently.
Thank you thank you thank you!~ I very much appreciate the extra effort, and I'm sure many others will too!

jztJPs4.png
WxTqcUH.png
BMNztUq.png

I've been making so many recolors that I completely lost my spriting skills.
Did I ever have them in the first place?
Who knows...
But I made a few things, and they will end up in the Miscellania update.

jztJPs4.png
WxTqcUH.png
BMNztUq.png

I've been making so many recolors that I completely lost my spriting skills.
Did I ever have them in the first place?
Who knows...
But I made a few things, and they will end up in the Miscellania update.
Oooohh~ I wonder what those are... I can hardly wait!

(sorry, I had to take a bit of a break from modding again)
The Miscellania update is finally done! It's been a long time coming, but hopefully I won't disappoint anybody.
Here's the full list of changes (it's pretty big, isn't it!):
  • SvPogsu.png
    Karma Staff - summons a
    Fh0ox7D.png
    Gaster Blaster sentry minion
    • (Yes, I know there are a few mods that have this already. But I made a promise.)
  • zCPyku4.png
    Demon Crown - boosts your magical abilities and summons a Red Crystal to protect you
  • 1t8QpTr.png
    Spear of Undying Justice - direct upgrade to the Spear of Justice
  • jztJPs4.png
    Life Stone and
    WxTqcUH.png
    Mana Stone - heals HP/MP, can be reused many times
  • szNPSaW.png
    God Stone - cheater item; restores 1000 HP and 500 MP without Potion Sickness
  • DEntzHA.png
    Heart Locket - combination of Panic Necklace and Cross Necklace
  • 8fuGSvf.png
    Reinforced Vest
    - armor item that protects you from your own explosives (bombs, rockets etc, go nuts!)
  • oj2GMoG.png
    Reinforced Horseshoe - because a Reinforced Shield would be too cheaty
  • CfJhqut.png
    Red Fireplace and
    JjVqlCZ.png
    Red Chimney
    - suggested by someone on Discord. I may have forgotten your name, but your legacy will live on.
All the recipes/ways to obtain these items will be in the OP.

There are a few tweaks and bugfixes in this update too, but I don't remember a lot of them.
Also, I finally feel proud enough to stop calling Miscellania versions 0.x. So this is officially Miscellania 1.0! :joy:

Hey I was wondering if there was going to be a fix for omniswing?

It seems that all the summon staffs and a ton of other melee weapons suddenly no longer autoswing.

May I throw an few new item requests?

Umbra Codex - Spell Tome + Slime Staff + Phantasm
(An summon weapon based on the Umbra Codex from Don't Starve. Summons units matching the highest damage type (Example: having higher Ranged offers summons that use ranged attacks, while high melee offers summons that either use lances, swords, flails, or yo-yos - an 25% chance for each))

Summoner's Rune Staff -Empty-
Sold by the Merchant in hardmode. An starting material

Depending on the item, you can fill the Rune with a Champion

Fallen Stars + Gold Ingots = Primetime Draven (Ranged, offers more coins upon killing monsters)

Fallen Stars + Souls of Light = Star Guardian Lux (Ranged, emits light)

Fallen Stars + Souls of Light + Musket Balls = Star Guardian Jinx (High Range damage)

Fallen Stars + Souls of Night = Dark Star Thresh (Melee, emits light)

Red Ice Block + Purple Ice Block = Lissandra (Ranged Sentry, slows enemies down)

Fallen Stars + Smooth Marble Blocks = Aurelion Sol (Ranged)

Souls of Might + Slime = Zac (Melee)

Feral Claws + Souls of Night + Regeneration Potion = Warwick (High Melee damage)

Gears + Souls of Night = Viktor (Ranged, increases movement speed and defense when brought out)

So?

im not getting the gaster blaster...thing cuz i like undertale,no.

I KNOW IT SHOOTS GIANT FRICKIN LAZERZZZZZZZZZZ

I said that I don't want to add too much combat content to Miscellania for now.
Besides, I still haven't played Don't Starve, and I've never played League of Legends (after a quick google search I assume that's what you're referencing?)

Yes, those are what I'm referring to. Why not watch some Maxwell DST (Don't Starve Together) and League match videos?

Alright, just updated the mod to v1.1!
  • Added a JSON config system, just like some of my other mods. Now you can disable some Miscellania items if you don't want them for some reason. Details in the OP.
  • Added alternative Gem Staves. Now all 6 gems can be turned into two different staves, depending on which ore you have in your world. Of course, the alternatives are a bit more powerful than the regular staffs.
    • Changed the stats for some vanilla Gem Staves, buffed the Amber Staff.
  • Improved the Demon Crown sprite a little.
  • The Red Crystal now moves a bit slower, produces less particle effects and is slightly transparent. Overall, less annoying.

Question time:
Is it worth having an options file for Miscellania?

I know I already implemented it... But on second thought, it's totally pointless right now. If you don't want to use an item, just don't use it, it's not like Vanilla Tweaks or anything like that. So I'm thinking I should remove the config file for now, but I need to hear your opinion on this.

Back
Top Bottom